• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima to casual gamers - Do you want Zone of Enders 3?

Hell yes! As do many others!

Leave your comments here - http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/2009/04/000168.html#comment

Sorry for the thread title ..

BigBoss said:
Nobody said anything about casuals on the podcast, N4G added that little nugget all by themselves.

smplwm.png

Kojima Productions: Do you really want Zone of the Enders 3?

However, it looks like their may still be a chance for a third Zone of the Enders title. In the latest episode of the Metal Gear Solid Integral podcast, the crew at Kojima Productions talk extensively about the franchise. They know that Zone of the Enders is a popular series amongst the diehard Kojima fans, but they question "How many people really want Zone of the Enders a sequel?", putting emphasis on the casual gamers, rather than the hardcore ones. The discussion ends with Aki Saito saying "if there's so many people wanting to see Zone of the Enders, why not put the priority on top, a little further up, you know, but we just want to know.", encouraging listeners to "make sure you write your comments and we'll check your comments out".

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I casually want a Snatcher remake/sequel/whatever. Would that count?

In the latest episode of the Metal Gear Solid Integral podcast, the crew at Kojima Productions talk extensively about the franchise. They know that Zone of the Enders is a popular series amongst the diehard Kojima fans, but they question "How many people really want Zone of the Enders a sequel?", putting emphasis on the casual gamers, rather than the hardcore ones.

ZOMG ZOE Wii

would love to see that, both to play it and to see the GAF-reaction

Grayman

I heard that but had never played ZOE.

I am really liking the MGS4 podcast that I recently discovered. They give interesting walkthroughs of the areas they cover.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm probably not a casual gamer, but I personally would be massively disappointed to hear they're doing another ZoE.

Stealth

I don't care if it's for Wii or not, as long it plays as good as ZoE2 did, if not better. So, yes. Do want/FOR/etc.

Meesh

I waaaaaaaaaaaanit!

Love the art work there btw. Same guy who does MGS(?), anyone know his name, does he have a site?

Ploid 3.0

I don't see how Z.O.E. 2 didn't sell billions. ZOE1 I could understand because it was so short, and odd, but ZOE2 looked so awesome, and was like a mech anime game. I thought JP loved mech animes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7M4DMlBlQ&fmt=18

The first thing I thought about when I saw the metal gears in MGS4 was how awesome ZOE3 would look with this tech.

I'm confused, what are they expecting exactly?

They say they know the hardcore want ZoE. Yet what group exactly do they think are casual enough to not count as the aforementioned 'hardcore' group, yet are following close enough attention to see this news and comment on it?

CiSTM

Banned
kevm3 said:
Not if its for Wii.

Does it really matter what's platform it's on ? ZOE games are still fanfuckingtastic even on PS2. I agree it would be great to see ZOE in all HD glory but long as I get my ZOE fix I don't care even if it comes to DS.

It's so completely upsetting that so much stock is put into the casual's opinion. Yes, money, sure, but for Christ's sake.

Here's to hoping it's a minigame collection, I guess!

Casual Gamers?

aw shit! Its gonna be on the iphone or DS. With a worst case scenario of it being a PC-exclusive hidden object game/bejewled clone.

Farnack

Banned
CiSTM said:
Does it really matter what's platform it's on ? ZOE games are still fanfuckingtastic even on PS2. I agree it would be great to see ZOE in all HD glory but long as I get my ZOE fix I don't care even if it comes to DS.
Yes it does, because Zone of Enders would have to sell over 100 billion to make money on the Wii.

Top Bottom