• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima tweet pretty much confirms The Phantom Pain being a Kojima Game

NeoUltima

Jul 31, 2007
Crazy theory:

That is actually Liquid Snake in the trailer. He has somehow come back from the dead. He has a prosthetic because Ocelot stole his arm.

Risk Breaker

Sep 23, 2010
This could either be part of the same game (MGSV), which I'm not really convinced of yet, because Ground Zeroes was announced pretty clearly as his own game, or... Two games for different platforms that complement each other, Ground Zeroes on PS360/PS4/PC? as it's open world with big scenarios, and MGS Vita: The Phantom Pain (look at those low res shadows and corridor-based design) ;D

No, I don't think that's what will happen

Bedlam

Oct 4, 2011
This could either be part of the same game (MGSV), which I'm not really convinced of yet, because Ground Zeroes was announced pretty clearly as his own game, or... Two games for different platforms that complement each other, Ground Zeroes on PS360/PS4/PC? as it's open world with big scenarios, and MGS Vita: The Phantom Pain (look at those low res shadows and corridor-based design) ;D

No, I don't think that's what will happen
Worst case scenario right there. I doubt it though. Both TPP and GZ looked to good to be on Vita.

Risk Breaker

Sep 23, 2010
Worst case scenario right there. I doubt it though. Both TPP and GZ looked to good to be on Vita.
Agreed. I wouldn't be that bothered if I owned both platforms, but I would absolutely prefer a full-blown MGS5 on next-gen.

Most likely it'll be PS360 and maybe upresed for cross-gen though.

Neiteio

Nov 10, 2007
TPP_GDC stands for his new game, The Poopy Paper, a heart-wrenching tale of a soldier whose arm handicap makes it difficult to wipe his butthole after a nice poo, and the poo, btw, is a metaphor for the passing of memes.

kerotan_eater

Banned
Sep 14, 2012
Melbourne
twitter.com
Wait a second, maybe as Kojima said recently about episodic games ... maybe one of them is a videogame episodic series? So it would make a little bit more sense, that maybe The Phantom Pain or Ground Zeroes is monthly releases as a videogames series ala Telltale's The Walking Dead.

Perhaps The Phantom Pain is a episodic series that is released monthly, going into the showpiece that is Ground Zeroes or vice versa.

That's the only way I see both games being able to be made in conjunction and being announced within months of each other. Naughty Dog does it but they don't announce both their titles, it would conflict badly. So maybe The Phantom Pain is like a lead up episode game ... there has to be a reason for Kojima announcing them at close junctures.

This is all just speculation of course.

Datrio

Feb 4, 2005
The video is 720P.. but in the bottom he also has a 1080P video. )or it looks like 1080p in the text line)

I just can´t make out what the text is..?
Maybe it's the Konami logo for the animation, or something.

dude

dude
May 18, 2007
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hopefully, this will be remembered as one of the worst marketing schtiks in gaming history. Everytime I see a thread about it I have to "ugh" a little.

jiggles

Banned
Dec 5, 2008
So have we come to the conclusion that The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are the exact same game yet?

plutoknight

Dec 20, 2012
Nice use of lens flare by Kojima :)
He's been hanging out with J.J. Abrams a lot. Perhaps, too much.

SWOOOOSH.

(Kojima....I'd like to think this was a slip-up and he meant to like..rename the file or something...but Kojima doesn't screw up his trolling.)

Wishmaster92

Apr 16, 2012
Great, now how about they release the video in 720p this time with no compression? The yt videos look like poo.

Aquamarine

May 24, 2012
hmmm... maybe I was wrong. it doesn´t quite look like 1080p in that text string..

But you can read:

GDC2013_0321-2-???.mp4_[v]

CONFIDENTIAL

?????/KONAMI_????????????
The extension for the third line looks suspiciously like ".ps4"