• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima tweet pretty much confirms The Phantom Pain being a Kojima Game

duckroll

Producer + Game Designer + Director? This man is balls-deep into its development

This isn't new.

wXw2ivB.jpg

kPrl5gT.jpg

And Ground Zeroes:

wrJASZX.jpg

Nemesis_

So Ground Zeroes is thought to be a prequel to MGS5?

And Phantom Pain is definitely related to MGS?

Two MGS projects at once makes me think one of these is years away ;_____;

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So Ground Zeroes is thought to be a prequel to MGS5?

And Phantom Pain is definitely related to MGS?

Two MGS projects at once makes me think one of these is years away ;_____;

My theory:

Kojima said Ground Zeroes is the prologue to MGS 5, which i think means it's like the Tanker was for MGS 2 and Virtuous Mission was for MGS 3, both GZ and TPP are still the same game = Metal Gear Solid V.

I also think Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are just the names for the trailers and the final subtitle to MGS 5 hasn't been released yet. (My guess full name reveal at E3)

Salacious Crumb

My theory:

Kojima said Ground Zeroes is the prologue to MGS 5, which i think means it's like the Tanker was for MGS 2 and Virtuous Mission was for MGS 3, both GZ and TPP are still the same game = Metal Gear Solid V.

I also think Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are just the names for the trailers and the final subtitle to MGS 5 hasn't been released yet. (My guess full name reveal at E3)

And a sound theory it is. I'll go along with this.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But "TPP" could mean anything, right?

I doubt it's anything else though
Twilight Princess Portable. Nintendo thought how else could they make the opening longer. Oh yes, get Kojima on board.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I still don't know if Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games or not. I guess GDC will clear it up. I just have a hard time believing that we're getting both, especially the former on the PS3.

BlazinAm

I don't really know how long he could have kept the rouse up. I mean we all know that the there was going to be something at GDC and at that point why keep the this game goign at that point.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I still don't know if Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games or not. I guess GDC will clear it up. I just have a hard time believing that we're getting both, especially the former on the PS3.
They are different games.

Much like Pokémon Red and Blue are different games.

John_B

I'm saying these games will be released as different chapters of Metal Gear Solid 5. And surely for next-gen.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ground Zeroes is going to be this, except you buy it without having a free ZoE game in the same package:

WREboA5.jpg

I think the problem is that Ground Zeroes is going to be the meat of "MGSV" with open world, missions, etc. Phantom Pain looks like the "tortured and escape" sequence thats in most MGS', and not entirely sure how a one armed Big Boss suffering from PTSD or dementia would then reintegrate back into a large open world game or even a traditional Metal Gear.

duckroll

I think the problem is that Ground Zeroes is going to be the meat of "MGSV" with open world, missions, etc. Phantom Pain looks like the "tortured and escape" sequence thats in most MGS', and not entirely sure how a one armed Big Boss suffering from PTSD or dementia would then reintegrate back into a large open world game or even a traditional Metal Gear.

I think it would be stupid to think anything in the Phantom Pain trailer represents what the product actually is. :p

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man it would be kind of awesome to relive the experience I had back in the day when I first played the trial edition of MGS2 and how lengthy that was, but instead they are making that as Ground Zeros with the Phantom Pain being MGS5, using dat next gen hardware. Hyped!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Next you're all going to tell me that Metal Gear Ground Zeroes = The Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid 5.

(gasSSPPA STOP THE preSSES)
Eh, not surprised it's a GDC trailer. Maybe this'll be the game that'll make me like the series. Well Rising kinda tried that.

Alienous

Phantom Pain is Ground Zeroes' Tanker Chapter.

You wake up, get taught how to crawl, crouch, walk and hide, run, perhaps shoot (all while Snake himself is relearning how to do these things), giant whale, six months earlier, ground zeroes.

He will obviously have pioneering arm surgery, which has the side effect of getting the voice and psyche of his arm's previous owner. The rest is all just young Psycho Mantis doing his thing.

Sentenza

Finally. It was almost embarrassing how he kept pretending he wasn't related to the project when everyone got it twenty minutes after the first trailer was revealed.

Mr. RHC

He will obviously have pioneering arm surgery, which has the side effect of getting the voice and psyche of his previous arm's owner. The rest is all just young Psycho Mantis doing his thing.

Loool, please stahpp!

I couldn't bear a Big Boss going "Arrrr, Arrrr" all day long.
Oh, he does that anyway

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Phantom Pain is Ground Zeroes' Tanker Chapter.

You wake up, get taught how to crawl, crouch, walk and hide, run, perhaps shoot (all while Snake himself is relearning how to do these things), giant whale, six months earlier, ground zeroes.

Actually I could see it being like this more than the other way round. A good old cold "what the fuck" opening, much like Uncharted 2 where you'll get up to the same point again later on.

John_B

Would be cool if they did 5 chapters, all with different settings and gameplay. Release them over the span of 3-4 years.

Hanmik

The video is 720P.. but in the bottom he also has a 1080P video. )or it looks like 1080p in the text line)

jGDPQLb.jpg

I just can´t make out what the text is..?

Top Bottom