• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima tweet pretty much confirms The Phantom Pain being a Kojima Game

NeoUltima

Crazy theory:

That is actually Liquid Snake in the trailer. He has somehow come back from the dead. He has a prosthetic because Ocelot stole his arm.

Solidino

KNxsvTc.jpg

2:05:49 right?

So 5 minutes length trailer?

Hanmik

hmmm... maybe I was wrong. it doesn´t quite look like 1080p in that text string..

gF3sE7u.jpg

But you can read:

GDC2013_0321-2-???.mp4_[v]

CONFIDENTIAL

?????/KONAMI_????????????

This could either be part of the same game (MGSV), which I'm not really convinced of yet, because Ground Zeroes was announced pretty clearly as his own game, or... Two games for different platforms that complement each other, Ground Zeroes on PS360/PS4/PC? as it's open world with big scenarios, and MGS Vita: The Phantom Pain (look at those low res shadows and corridor-based design) ;D

No, I don't think that's what will happen

Thoraxes

No dude, Joakim just gave a video for Kojima to present because Joakim finally unveiled he was using the Fox Engine.

C'mon guys.

Bedlam

This could either be part of the same game (MGSV), which I'm not really convinced of yet, because Ground Zeroes was announced pretty clearly as his own game, or... Two games for different platforms that complement each other, Ground Zeroes on PS360/PS4/PC? as it's open world with big scenarios, and MGS Vita: The Phantom Pain (look at those low res shadows and corridor-based design) ;D

No, I don't think that's what will happen
Worst case scenario right there. I doubt it though. Both TPP and GZ looked to good to be on Vita.

Worst case scenario right there. I doubt it though. Both TPP and GZ looked to good to be on Vita.

Agreed. I wouldn't be that bothered if I owned both platforms, but I would absolutely prefer a full-blown MGS5 on next-gen.

Most likely it'll be PS360 and maybe upresed for cross-gen though.

Neiteio

TPP_GDC stands for his new game, The Poopy Paper, a heart-wrenching tale of a soldier whose arm handicap makes it difficult to wipe his butthole after a nice poo, and the poo, btw, is a metaphor for the passing of memes.

Wait a second, maybe as Kojima said recently about episodic games ... maybe one of them is a videogame episodic series? So it would make a little bit more sense, that maybe The Phantom Pain or Ground Zeroes is monthly releases as a videogames series ala Telltale's The Walking Dead.

Perhaps The Phantom Pain is a episodic series that is released monthly, going into the showpiece that is Ground Zeroes or vice versa.

That's the only way I see both games being able to be made in conjunction and being announced within months of each other. Naughty Dog does it but they don't announce both their titles, it would conflict badly. So maybe The Phantom Pain is like a lead up episode game ... there has to be a reason for Kojima announcing them at close junctures.

This is all just speculation of course.

dude

dude
Hopefully, this will be remembered as one of the worst marketing schtiks in gaming history. Everytime I see a thread about it I have to "ugh" a little.

Top Bottom