• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima warns people who are already interested in buying Death Stranding to not watch the upcoming TGS demos

Valonquar

Kojima & Konami released so much footage for MGSV that by the time it came out I think there was maybe 2 cutscenes in-game that I hadn't already seen in promo material.

Honestly ,that's the best way to play most games. Its like venturing off in Dark Souls and discovering a new area and enemies. I also have the huge bundle ordered and I want it to unfold on my TV versus seeing it on YouTube.
Yeah, If you enjoy mediums for what they are; They're artistic vessels that take us on the journeys the creators intended for us. Just lay back and the current take you down the river. I understand you want a basic definition of what to expect from something you've never heard of but if your a big fan of Kojima, Than the chances are you're already invested in his style and methodology and you know you're in for a treat and you trust him.

I'm a massive Tarantino fan and when Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was announced, I knew i would certainly see it because i'm invested in the creator and i know i'm going to expect a certain flavour and writing style. I literally avoided learning anything about the film and went to watch it last week without having the slightest idea of what the synopsis was apart from who the 2 lead actors were in it and it was one of the greatest experiences i had this year.

TLDR; Go in blind to most games and films, It's usually the experience the creator intended but in a world of marketing, investors & consumerism etc... now the creator has obligation to justify his art by giving away so much information like it's a product rather than a storytelling medium.

Top Bottom