• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima working on new " Super Confidential Project "

TnK

Its worse than SW, and yeah probably some Metal Gear Solid V Online crap. I would like to something new and fresh from him, even with his daft banter he uses in games.
I would like to see more Rising though. That game's game play was a blast, and more of that is always welcome. MG stories are generally bad these days, so I only look forward to the gameplay.

If I want a new game from konami, a new ZoE, or a snatcher game would be cool. I have never played snatcher, so I don't know if it is good or not. I only saw the setting, and it has a cool cyber punk vibe going on.

Jack cw

It's not even half as bad as star wars yet. I mean, for shits sake for all the whining, Metal gear is easilly out of the most milked series field. There have been 5 God of War games, 8 call of dutys[not counting portable entries], 4 Battlefields, 8 Assassin's Creed's,5 halos and 7 [mainline] marios since this last generation started... against 3 metal gears, and one of them being a spin off at that.
This is altogether too much whining based on these industry standards.
The problem isnt anual release but the connecting storyline these titles share. Every entry tells a new chapter with new unveilings and some (horrible) retckoning. This is what makes it so bad. MGS focus is character and story narrative and while the gameply improves with every new title, the storyline gets incredibly worse. For me, MGS was always a japanese tale of mecha/espionage in western sourroundings and had a strong and unique character (at least for videogames) but the convoluted MGS2 and the absurd MGS4 just killed everything that made the series so good, that has nothing to do with the amount of entries.

I would like to see more Rising though. That game's game play was a blast, and more of that is always welcome. MG stories are generally bad these days, so I only look forward to the gameplay.

If I want a new game from konami, a new ZoE, or a snatcher game would be cool. I have never played snatcher, so I don't know if it is good or not. I only saw the setting, and it has a cool cyber punk vibe going on.
True, Rising was something fresh, but I still would see a rebbot or new begining for MGS and not the raping of an already told story that is kept interessting with hilarious retckons.

guys, this is like the billionth time Kojima has used this same hype building trick. don't fall for it again. remember last time at the PS4 launch?

Famassu

Metal gear jehuty: ender's zone

If he cant get away from metal gear, than might as well turn zone of enders into mgs spin off. Lol.

Btw, isnt there shinkawa artworks about zone of enders project? Where orbital frame looks more organic or creature than mech. Project ogre I think?

Yeah, there was some new ZOE art flying around a year or two ago, IIRC, but I think that project has been cancelled after the abysmal sales of the HD Collection.

It'll be a third MGS5 game to come after the release of Phantom Pain. Another 30-40 dollar cash grab I'd wager.

God, I really think that's what'll happen actually...

Anung

Un Rama
My heart wants a new ZOE or maybe even Kojima giving Silent Hill a shot.

Probably something to do with Metal Gear D: Shame Kojima is shackled to it so much.

Jindrax

Imagine if he does this on purpose... Then checks online message boards and twitter and whatnot to see what people say :p and then he makes that game! :O

Jack cw

Twin Snakes's got 85 on metacritic.
Doesnt change the fact, that it ruined everything that was good with the original MGS. Those over the top matrix cutscenes from Kitamura destroyed what was so good about the more grounded approach in the PSX version, because they showed nicely why Snake is a supersoldier. Juming on stinger rockets while making backflips was cheesey hell, even for MGS standards.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'd love a spiritual successor to Snatcher and Policenauts, or even HD remakes of them but it's probably another damn Metal Gear game.

SJRB

Gold Member
O fuck off Kojima, your next two MGS games aren't even out yet.

But given how utterly ghastly Kojima is with fake hype tweets, they're probably discussing pre-order exclusives for Phantom Pain or some stupid shit like that.

Hag

The project is gonna be in a void like Rising and Platinum will save kojima ass again

So ZOE3

Believe ;_;

Top Bottom