• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's new game will be published by Sony, is also coming to PC, not Silent Hill

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
CW-uB0qUAAAK-Ag.jpg:orig

Happy Holidays!
Amazing!

Unusually aggressive. Hmmm.

Actually, the quip was because the other poster said that -- because PC gamers were playing the objectively-superior version -- that it was silly to think that PC gamers could have an inferiority complex.

┐(´-`)┌

To be totally honest, all this seems a little silly to me, fighting on forums over hypothetical versions of a game that doesn't even exist yet.

Any particular reason you're so invested in this?
Against whom is my investment being compared to? Other than my two latest posts, the last time I posted in this thread was on Page 17 on 12-16. I don't see you calling out posters who've "invested" regularly since then.

Just found it really amusing how someone claimed "PC gamers have inferiority complexes" and the retort was "how could they? They have the best games". Maybe instead of statements like that, we could acknowledge that saying certain things and acting certain ways makes you an asshole and your platform of choice doesn't negate that.

To be totally honest, all this seems a little silly to me, fighting on forums over hypothetical versions of a game that doesn't even exist yet.
Thread was screwed since Page 1 when someone decided to tout superiority and others took the bait. I -- for one -- am looking forward to discussing this game in the OT and don't really care which platforms others play it on, as long as they can check their platform wars at the door where it belongs.

Woodchipper

I hope this doesn't offend too many people, but I'd actually want Sony develop a good enough relationship with Kojima to eventually buy KojiPro. Sounds like he want to do more than just games though, so it probably won't happen, right?

I hope this doesn't offend too many people, but I'd actually want Sony develop a good enough relationship with Kojima to eventually buy KojiPro. Sounds like he want to do more than just games though, so it probably won't happen, right?
I mean, Sony does have a movie production studio.

Depends on Kojima and Sony really.

I mean, look at Kazunori. That man seems like he can do whatever he wants on Sony's budget as long as its related to GT.

David___

Banned

Even though the two arent connected other than the parent company being the same, they do have a movie branch, so it could happen, assuming Kojima doesnt mind not being independent again.

Woodchipper

Depends on Kojima and Sony really.

I mean, look at Kazunori. That man seems like he can do whatever he wants on Sony's budget as long as its related to GT.
True, but Kazunori is pretty far up the SCE hierarchy if I'm not mistaken, but yeah, Sony indeed seems to give their dev studios a lot of freedom, which is one of the reasons I like them.

Edit: Forget what I said about Kazunori being high up in SCE, I thought I heard something like that on GTPlanet, lol. Never mind.

Melchiah

Typically those with inferiority complexes will use money, social standing, manipulation, or other means to obtain things that are "superior" specifically in order to use that as a way to express their superiority. The condition is usually brought about due to poverty in comparison to peers, depression, low self-esteem, or failing to achieve success. One of the key characteristics of people with this complex is unusually aggressive behavior.

But, y'know, psychology or something. :/

There's also a sense of bitterness, that despite all the perceived superiority they're sometimes the last in the line to be served.

Apathy

True, but Kazunori is pretty far up the SCE hierarchy if I'm not mistaken, but yeah, Sony indeed seems to give their dev studios a lot of freedom, which is one of the reasons I like them.

Edit: Forget what I said about Kazunori being high up in SCE, I thought I heard something like that on GTPlanet, lol. Never mind.

Look at the patience they had with ueda

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So much bait in this thread my jaw hurts.

Indeed. I personally think KojiPro would be a great addition to WWS, and as has been pointed out, Kojima would be given well enough time and freedom to develop top quality games.

Something he will never have if he has to release games on that dastardly PC devil machine

orochi91

Surprised doesn't Sony have a policy where if they publish a game its their IP? Big fuck you to insomniac if that's the case.

Lol.

I hadn't thought of that.

They let Insomniac walk just because Insomniac wouldn't relinquish IP ownership of Sunset Overdrive.

It would be insane if Kojima let Sony keep this new IP.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lol.

I hadn't thought of that.

They let Insomniac walk just because Insomniac wouldn't relinquish IP ownership of Sunset Overdrive.

It would be insane if Kojima let Sony keep this new IP.

Lmao, you guys are making good points. I guess they really wanted to get Kojima on board.

Lmao, you guys are making good points. I guess they really wanted to get Kojima on board.
I suppose we'll learn the details soon enough, but I have a feeling the arrangement gives Sony ownership of the IP as far as video game releases go, but retains all other ownership for KojiPro (like Sony Pictures' old Spider-Man thing with Marvel, or Fox's X-Men/FF deal). So movies, comics, action figures - all the things that actually make $$$ for a franchise.

It's the only way I see it making sense. Based on the machinations and tribulations he suffered through at Konami, it wouldn't make sense for Kojima to sign away his IP for what essentially amounts to seed money. Any number of equally liquid companies (in Japan, even) would allow him to retain rights and give him as much money, if not more, than Sony.

I suppose we'll learn the details soon enough, but I have a feeling the arrangement gives Sony ownership of the IP as far as video game releases go, but retains all other ownership for KojiPro (like Sony Pictures' old Spider-Man thing with Marvel, or Fox's X-Men/FF deal). So movies, comics, action figures - all the things that actually make $$$ for a franchise.

It's the only way I see it making sense. Based on the machinations and tribulations he suffered through at Konami, it wouldn't make sense for Kojima to sign away his IP for what essentially amounts to seed money. Any number of equally liquid companies (in Japan, even) would allow him to retain rights and give him as much money, if not more, than Sony.
Yup, that's what I was thinking too. Kojima wants his new franchise to transcend mediums. Giving Sony "control" over the video games in return for getting the whole thing kicked off seems like a reasonable trade.

Top Bottom