• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces TurboGrafx16 Mini, PC Engine Mini, and Engine Core Grafx Mini

Mista

Banned

CjwNrdE.jpg

D80jsDaUEAArcob

D80jh3IUcAApaBv

D80kOs_VsAA7Oqg

6 titles included with TurboGrafx16 Mini:

• R-Type
• New Adventure Island
• Ninja Spirit
• Ys Book I & II
• Dungeon Explorer
• Alien Crush

and more to come!

Last edited:
Bethesda audience: WOOOO!!!

Seriously though, Bomberman '94 and Battle Lode Runner has to be on it, or I will consider it a failure. Wouldn't say no to Dracula X, Magical Chase, or Cotton. But it's going to be Bonk. Nothing but Bonk and Keith Courage.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Day 1. Also, could be interesting since the VAST majority of the PC Engine's library was first party, this thing could be stacked.

Super interesting that it includes Super CD System games as well.

Reactions: TLZ

HeresJohnny

Who would have thought today would be the best day of E3. Sign me up for this shit. I’m wondering if they may release a SuperGrafx mini too.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm. Wait. Wha?

R-Type and Alien Crush alone are worth it (assuming it's the full R-Type).

Who is handling the emulation? (please say M2)

Psajdak

Banned
I know I said it will most likely be dissapointment, but I still kind of hoped it won't be.
But it was.

Anyway, hope you folks enjoy playing on those Mini consoles.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It’s been forever, but I kinda remember it being a much more fully realized Legend of Kage. I’m also surprised Legendary Axe wasn’t one of the first announced games.
I mean, I personally had no experience with the system as a kid. I knew it existed 'cause remember seeing ads for it, seeing the HUcards listed on the mail-order game list at the back of magazines, etc

Once I got into arcade games as an adult, the TG-16 kept popping up as a reputable console with good ports of arcade games. I never invested in one and I wish I had, knowing now how many there are available for the system. The original hardware ain't cheap, either.

Hopefully the emulation is good. If it's garbage (like the SNK mini-cab) I'll skip, but if it's good like the SEGA Genesis Mini, I'll bite.

All bout dat responsiveness, kiddos. I can't tolerate the lag on these games.

Orenji Neko

Damn, now that is out of left field. No complaints here.

Edit: I hope M2 is handling the software. They did work with Konami on those Anniversary Collections so I'm hopeful.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Holy shit.

They can really load it up with all the Hudson Soft stuff they own. There was over 60 games on the Wii VC back in the day that got me interested in TG16 enough to buy a real one.

All the minis.

I wish the minis supported cartridge or SD based media. I'd gladly buy games for them if the games came with a color instruction manual.

Last edited:

Azzurri

I have a NEC US Turbo Duo complete in Box that I bought like 5 years ago for like $400. I think it's worth triple or even more now.

luminaire28

Neo Member
I always wanted to own a turboduo, so many shoot'em ups i wanted to play and of course Rondo. I will definitely get this, hopefully it gets a good variety of games on it.

Tiamat2san

Need to see more and the price.
They absolutely need pc kid, bomberman, dracula x and more.
I have fond memories of these consoles.

nush

Gold Member
They don't look that "Mini".

If you look at what titles Konami put out last on the Wii U virtual console then that should give you some idea of what titles are likley to be added.

The initial North American game lineup and lack of further information has my excitement at zero.

If one (or all) of these mini-consoles manages to provide a version of Dracula X that's either at the same level of quality, or better, than what was provided on the Wii, then they'll at least have caught my attention.

Top Bottom