• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces Vic Viper, Simon Belmont, and Pyramid Head for Super Bomberman R

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Jim Sterling has a recurring segment on his show for the past two years called "Fuck Konami News" where he reports on and eviscerates recent Konami news (mainly just new pachinko games, or stuff on Metal Gear Survive, their treatment of Kojima, Silent Hills, etc).

The sheer magnitude of the post-launch support for Bomberman is the first good news to come out of Konami in years. It's the complete antithesis to everything they've become in recent times. There was a post in another thread that said his segment this week should literally just be him staring at the screen speechless.

No it isn't. Even if you don't care for their mobile and arcade offerings, they are still great and have been for years.

Hopefully their console offerings improve as well, if only to silence the insanely annoying Jim Sterling Hashtag Militia.

Evilmaus

Between this and the patch, I might just have to pick this up!

One thing I'm not sure I understand though is the gem system. Are there a bunch of micro-transactions involved to get the gems needed for the shop, or is it all earned exclusively through gameplay?

Cerium

Between this and the patch, I might just have to pick this up!

One thing I'm not sure I understand though is the gem system. Are there a bunch of micro-transactions involved to get the gems needed for the shop, or is it all earned exclusively through gameplay?

All gameplay.

Red Devil

Cool additions. Now please add Snake, Goemon and Maradona.

It should be Carlos "El Pibe" Valderrama though.

ISS_98_N64.jpg

Konami have really redeemed themselves with Bomberman. Everything about the game itself and post release support has been great.

deleted

Love the art - and my first instinct is to yell: MORE!

I'd love to get even more crossover characters in this game. But this is a great first step!

Piccoro

At least they're doing something with their IP's...
Still, the chances of us seeing a new Castlevania, Silent Hill or Gradius are slim to none.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo needs to convince more publishers to bring their multi-player classic to the Switch and keep feeding them with free updates ala Splatoon.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Thats great. Sony fans want to FucKonami,I guess its a great opportunity for Nintendo to lure Konami to make games for the Switch then

13ruce

Banned
Bomberman gonna be konami's smash

Nintendo Switch gonna get some cool mid budget Konami's games now I bet

Please a castlevania harmony of despair deluxe edition or a total new one i have 300 hours on that game on ps3 i will buy a port or new game instantly.

On topic:
Will buy bomberman soon now.
Simon freaking Belmont hell yeah.

AGoodODST

First 60fps now this,

Something unexpected is happening and it's glorious

They are updating it to be 60fps? Link?

On topic: This is cool, glad to game is getting support it is super fun in multiplayer.

Edit: Oh shit didnt even realise it had got a recent update.

Nintendo needs to convince more publishers to bring their multi-player classic to the Switch and keep feeding them with free updates ala Splatoon.

Next stop: Capcom. Gimme Power Stone 3. Maybe convince Sega to give us Anarchy Reigns 2. And go throw some money at Crytek for a new Timesplitters.

No it isn't. Even if you don't care for their mobile and arcade offerings, they are still great and have been for years.

Hopefully their console offerings improve as well, if only to silence the insanely annoying Jim Sterling Hashtag Militia.

To be fair, much of the hate comes from abhorrent business practices and openly moving away from gaming after saying they wouldn't (IIRC). Their actual input this gen has been pretty small across the board, even if they aren't putting out shit.

joker3782

Neo Member
I've been on the fence about picking this game up. On the one hand I really wanted it for the multiplayer craziness of the gameplay. On the other hand I couldn't justify buying it at the price, and the technical problems that people kept mentioning didn't help either. But now I may buy it after the improvements they've made. But probably not right now with Puyo puyo tetris and Mario kart 8 deluxe coming out next week (RIP wallet). Gonna wait for a dry spell period of major games where by then it should hopefully be much cheaper.

Neiteio

Goemon and Ebisumaru next, please

Game is solid but get ready to enjoy one of the best soundtracks in a super long time. Honestly felt like I was listening to some TGCD/Duo OST that time forgot. Super catchy.
Yes, the soundtrack is great so far! I'm loving this game.

Top Bottom