• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami bringing Suikoden 1 & 2 PSone to PSN and VITA. #isthisreallife #basedkonami

OmegaDL50

Do these games have missables?

Yes, a few items that only be grabbed when you visit an area for the first time and don't come back to later.

There is also a sub-quest line that is timed based your overall game clock for a character you recruit in the 2nd game.

There is also some characters that won't join your army unless you have certain party members on your team. The Final Blacksmith in Suikoden 1 for example cannot be recruited beyond a certain point.

Wereroku

Yes, a few items that only be grabbed when you visit an area for the first time and don't come back to later.

There is also a sub-quest line that is timed based your overall game clock for a character you recruit in the 2nd game.

This one you basically have to build your entire play through around. I would not try this for the first go. However it is pretty cool that they set it up the way they did.

Is it possible to permanently miss a 'star'?

Yep. They can be killed in the overhead battles and through game events. Always save before a major battle. Also some have points of no return I think. I am not entirely certain. Also some characters share the same star so you can only get one of them a bit like star ocean 2 if you are familiar with that.

I bought the first Suikoden yesterday and it won't download to the vita. Curious if they are going to change the vita compatibility flag on it today or not.

I tried transferring it over with the content manager but it stalled out.. If they change the d/l flag to let me get it directly from the vita I won't have to screw with it.

Excited to play Suikoden II. Only played a little bit of it (maybe a couple of hours). All I remember was that the battles felt a bit different from the original, which I've also recently replayed. Was surprised how short Suikoden I was, and how easy it was with some light early leveling - always remembered it being really difficult when I was younger.

When does the store update? Can't wait to buy this game already

for the last half decade or more, the store has updates sometime after 5 PM EST. It is never an exact time and it tends to update in stages, meaning some items appear on the store before others and sale prices aren't immediately displayed.

Wereroku

That's disappointing. I would have gathered all 108 stars if this wasn't the case. This'll be my first time playing the series, so I plan to avoid guides.

It's not difficult per se just you have to make certain choices early that can effect later events. There are spoiler free character guides online that will help you out. However the game can be replayed and is still a lot of fun. Basically just work methodically and you can get most characters.

Patryn

That's disappointing. I would have gathered all 108 stars if this wasn't the case. This'll be my first time playing the series, so I plan to avoid guides.

There is also a very difficult fight in Suikoden 1 that is designed to have you permanently lose a star. It's possible to beat it without a guide, but you'll need patience and a notebook (and probably have to reload a bunch of times).

Wereroku

There is also a very difficult fight in Suikoden 1 that is designed to have you permanently lose a star. It's possible to beat it without a guide, but you'll need patience and a notebook (and probably have to reload a bunch of times).

Pahn fight?
If it's that one yeah I had to level and use a guide. You could do it on your own but it would require a lot of trial and error.

Patryn

Pahn fight?
If it's that one yeah I had to level and use a guide. You could do it on your own but it would require a lot of trial and error.

Yep, that one. I did it without a guide, but I had to take copious notes to figure out what to do and reloaded a whole bunch.

Meneses

I bought the first Suikoden yesterday and it won't download to the vita. Curious if they are going to change the vita compatibility flag on it today or not.

I tried transferring it over with the content manager but it stalled out.. If they change the d/l flag to let me get it directly from the vita I won't have to screw with it.

Yeah, I'm hoping for that too.

I'm pretty sure I bought Suikoden a little ways back when it was on sale for $299. I'll have to double check that, as for II? Getting ready to purchase it when it's up today!

Hugstable

Banned
Despite being super into JRPGs in the PS1/2 era (like everybody else) I've never played any of these games. Getting slightly pumped.

Alot of you are gonna be in for a huge treat then! Especially once you start playing S2. S1 is amazing as well, I really enjoy the political intrique style storylines that these games have.

Mephala

I wish the EU release was sooner.

The wait goes on
vxkPtQe.png

Heartfyre

The Affordable 108 is great, but To the Viktor Goes the Spoils will continue to have a place in my heart.

I bought Suikoden II for IEP2.99, which would have been converted to €3.80 back in the day. So I'll be spending more on Suikoden II in January than I ever have...and I'm okay with that.

LuuKyK

My money is so ready for this. Just waiting for it to show up on the PSN. Can't wait.

I will probably have to finish Dragon Age first though. lol

I was hoping it was the PSP version, I don't see all the excitement regarding this news.

With the exception of maybe Mother 3, this is the only game I've been yearning to play for years. Suikoden was one of the first PS1 games I bought off of PSN and it remains one of my all time favorites. Pirating games is not really my style, so I never went the emu route.

InstallBase

Neo Member
Thank you guys for your interest in the game. We, at Konami, hope that the price of $10 for Suikoden 2 is a no-brainer. Please please spread the word that this game is worth the price of admission. This needs to be played and is truly a classic that many missed.

Begaria

Thank you guys for your interest in the game. We, at Konami, hope that the price of $10 for Suikoden 2 is a no-brainer. Please please spread the word that this game is worth the price of admission. This needs to be played and is truly a classic that many missed.

The most apt name to go with the most apt request I've ever seen.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!

I can't wait! I've been waiting for this for years!

InstallBase

Neo Member
Hi all,

REMINDER: Please take the time to rate the game on PSN. We want those who have never played Suikoden to be interested in the series as well.

Thanks!

Oemenia

Banned
With the exception of maybe Mother 3, this is the only game I've been yearning to play for years. Suikoden was one of the first PS1 games I bought off of PSN and it remains one of my all time favorites. Pirating games is not really my style, so I never went the emu route.
I get that but there is a superior PSP version that runs in widescreen, not forgetting us PAL gamers are going to get a nasty stretched/50fps version. It costs an arm and a leg to buy physically but I do know a number of people who buy and finish expensive games and then sell them on soon after.

On the other hand I do hope Psycho Mantis has no problems reading it!

NogibTC

Banned
Straight ports for now, but we'll see where it goes after the first 3 mo. of sales come in.

I can only hope that if the PS Classics version does well enough for you guys that you will translate the PSP port of I+II over here. I'd much rather have that version.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you! Please bring us Gradius V to PSN next. It was rated by the ESRB a long time ago so that gives me hope it is still in the pipeline. :)

Getting my tonsils removed in January. A friend recommended suikoden 2 to a
Play while bed ridden in recovery

Never played 1 thi hope it doesn't spoil that for me

Top Bottom