• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami bringing Suikoden 1 & 2 PSone to PSN and VITA. #isthisreallife #basedkonami

Just feels a little shady for Sony to do that. I'll pick it up after I play through the first, but I'm not a fan of bait and change.

There was no "bait and change", genius. The game was advertised at 9.99 from the start.

Overeager forum posters took advantage of a pricing glitch, ran their mouths about it and a few bought it before it was caught and fixed on the store...a matter of minutes.

How is this Sony's fault? How is this konami's? Grow the hell up. The game is solid and worth far more than ten dollars, and both Sony and konami deserve credit for listening to fans for once. Support this effort and maybe other companies like square will get the message about their catalog titles.

But by all means, if you'd rather continue to shit up the thread complaining that Sony somehow owes you four dollars thanks to a "bait and switch" and pass on what is easily one of the strongest games of its generation...please proceed.

baconcow

There was no "bait and change", genius. The game was advertised at 9.99 from the start.

Overeager forum posters took advantage of a pricing glitch, ran their mouths about it and a few bought it before it was caught and fixed on the store...a matter of minutes.

How is this Sony's fault? How is this konami's? Grow the hell up. The game is solid and worth far more than ten dollars, and both Sony and konami deserve credit for listening to fans for once. Support this effort and maybe other companies like square will get the message about their catalog titles.

But by all means, if you'd rather continue to shit up the thread complaining that Sony somehow owes you four dollars thanks to a "bait and switch" and pass on what is easily one of the strongest games of its generation...please proceed.

Little aggressive, no? Not a very polite response to someone you do not know.

Kerrinck

Awesome news! Still have the disc version but it's such a pain to dust off the ps2 to play it.
Plus I love an excuse to replay games on my Vita. Hopefully they bring 3-5 to PSN later on.

OuterLimits

Strange. When I select the bubble for the game after downloading on PS3 it doesn't give me the option to copy. Just install or delete. Fortunately I was able to go on the store on the PSP and directly download it.

Playing through the first Suikoden again. Forgot how great the music is in the first game.

Both Suikoden 1 and 2 are now playable natively on the Vita. Thank you Konami and Sony 3rd Party Relations team. This is a dream come true.

OvyUL0d.png

As for those who can't find it on the Vita store. Get it from the store link below, like I did.

Suikoden 1 (Playable on Vita)

Suikoden 2 (Playable on Vita)

Make sure to rate the games after you buy them.

Now I hope they bring some more of the classics

Takao

Banned
Found this out on Reddit: You can get both Suikoden games directly through the Vita store.

2014-12-09-2158042ldvm.jpg

Hit the All tab, scroll down to the Classics section (it has a Minis icon for some reason) and then tap on Browse by Title P - S. Scroll until you find them.

Eusis

Found this out on Reddit: You can get both Suikoden games directly through the Vita store.

Hit the All tab, scroll down to the Classics section (it has a Minis icon for some reason) and then tap on Browse by Title P - S. Scroll until you find them.
Not showing up for me. Something really screwy seems to be going on with this.

Acid08

Banned

Not showing up here. The entire store hasn't updated for me. Download list still says unable to download. This is kinda crazy, what is going on?

InstallBase

Neo Member
Thank you for the overwhelming support today.

Please rate the game.
Also.. I never found out if it works on PlayStation TV.

I know people are upset that this doesn't work on PS4.. but there currently is no PS1 emulation support on PS4 as far as I know.

If this does well, it will give me and our Konami digital team more credibility when discussing other possible ports (more Suikoden, or other popular Konami franchises)

Thanks again and enjoy!

MCD

Please rate the game.

I know people are upset that this doesn't work on PS4.. but there currently is no PS1 emulation support on PS4 as far as I know.

If this does well, it will give me and our Konami digital team more credibility when discussing other possible ports (more Suikoden, or other popular Konami franchises)

Thanks again and enjoy!

I've love to see the PS2 Suiko games emulated. In particular, Suiko 3.

wilflare

Please rate the game.

Thanks again and enjoy!

what are the specific indicators they are looking for? ratings too?

I'll do anything to get more Suikoden on PSN. if only we can get the PS2 ones on Vita too.

fedexpeon

Banned

Please rate the game.

Thanks again and enjoy!

I rarely rate game, but I will rate this if there is a chance to get all the collection on digital.
But what is Konami looking for anyway?
Sales or PR news talk?

Please rate the game.

Thanks again and enjoy!
I have rated it. Bought both of them and rated.

Please bring more stuff :D

Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 would be great.

InstallBase

Neo Member
Our ultimate goal here is get sales.. which bring in revenue.. which *hopefully* raises eyebrows at Konami Japan.. and hopefully gets them to realize that Suikoden is actually a worldwide brand.

How do we do this?
Vote with our wallets.. purchase the game! They are super cheap compared to buying the physical discs.

Get friends to buy it by rating the game (high hopefully) and convincing them that the game is worth the value.

If these things happen and we can get Konami Japan to notice... who knows what can happen.

Our ultimate goal here is get sales.. which bring in revenue.. which *hopefully* raises eyebrows at Konami Japan.. and hopefully gets them to realize that Suikoden is actually a worldwide brand.

How do we do this?
Vote with our wallets.. purchase the game! They are super cheap compared to buying the physical discs.

Get friends to buy it by rating the game (high hopefully) and convincing them that the game is worth the value.

If these things happen and we can get Konami Japan to notice... who knows what can happen.
I am spreading this among as many friends as I can. Some of them are on EU side so they are waiting for the EU release.

Hopefully it sells well enough that Konami takes notice of this.

Malcolm9

A few months after selling my Vita this happens :(

Hopefully we'll get the option of playing these on the PS4 in some capacity at a later date.

How do we do this?

I would legitimately start crying real human(like) tears if Suikoden gets revived. (And I mean real, canon Suikoden.)

I've doing my best to spread the word. I hope everybody buys these great games!

MCD

How do we do this?

release it on iOS and they will notice for real.

daoster

How do we do this?

I don't expect to ever see Suikoden 6, but if we could get 3,4,5 and tactics.... I'd be completely happy with that.

Psxphile

Came back and bought Suiko 1 now that I see the VITA icon. Thanks for the website link(s). So I guess that Suiko 2 price point was an error after all. I'll download 'em and play 'em on Vita later, seems there's some PSN kookyness going on right now.

My sister is a huge fan. She's suddenly considering buying a Vita just to play this. Obviously, PS2 ports of the other three (four) games would make it even better.

Tiu Neo

Counldn't play last night, but left the opening playing while I worked. Ahhh, the memories...

Just feels a little shady for Sony to do that. I'll pick it up after I play through the first, but I'm not a fan of bait and change.

It was just an error, Yuichi had said here it would cost 9.99, before Sony released for 5.99.

Don't worry, if you like RPGs you'll love II, even if it's more expensive :p

Shinjica

How do we do this?

Will suikoden 2, be multi 5 in the PSN EU store?

bumpkin

So... I love that I can finally play Suiko 2, but what's with Konami pulling a Squenix and charging 40% more than they do for Suiko 1? :(

Tiu Neo

So... I love that I can finally play Suiko 2, but what's with Konami pulling a Squenix and charging 40% more than they do for Suiko 1? :(

Some the more requested games end up costing that. Maybe more people would buy it for 5.99, but 9.99 is still a good price for the game.

Iirc, Metal Gear Solid also costs 9.99, so it's not like this price point is something new for Konami.

Tizoc

Any chance these titles ever be compatible with the PS4?

Whenever PS Now or Sony add PSX compatibility to PS4, which we might see next year I guess.

We expected it to be 9.99 from the start. It is just that when it was put it, it was mispriced as 5.99 and some got it for that price.
Besides have you seen how much a retail copy goes for these days? Man/Woman up and drop $10 and the amount you paid will make up for it in time.
GAFfers have been wanting this game for a long time to come on PSN, and now it's time to put your money where mouth is (or whatever the idiom is).

TheHall

Bought Suiko 1&2

Best buy for my Vita in a long time.

I'll rate them as well...

(p.s. I'm glad the cup game is still broken in Rockland, walked there right before dinner with the family and i'm up 100K....time to get that secret solo rune!)

InstallBase

Neo Member
This is coming to EU in January (not too long now)

If you are having issues downloading Suikoden 2, please let me know

1. your country
2. PSN or Vita
3. Error code

The $5.99 was an error this was always planned as a $9.99 title.
(however, the alternative before last week was to purchase the game online for $100+)

Thank you for your support/patience!

Eusis

This is coming to EU in January (not too long now)

If you are having issues downloading Suikoden 2, please let me know

1. your country
2. PSN or Vita
3. Error code

The $5.99 was an error this was always planned as a $9.99 title.
(however, the alternative before last week was to purchase the game online for $100+)

Thank you for your support/patience!
PM'd. Seems more like an issue on Sony's end (assuming you're Konami staff anyway) though given the store update's simply not showing on Vita here and I even have the same issues with Giana Sisters when testing to see if I had the same issues with other games.

Top Bottom