• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami brings Dance Dance Revolution: Volume #1 to PS3/360/Wii/PS2

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Konami's long-standing Bemani music dancing series, Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), will make its appearance once again on current and next-gen platforms later this year.

Dance Dance Revolution: Volume #1 will be a sort of "best-of" compilation, containing the popular dance tracks you burnt your grooves to on previous editions in the DDR franchise. This installment stands out since it will be the first time a DDR game will officially be on the PlayStation 3 sytem.

Dance Dance Revolution: Volume #1 is due in early November (along with the recently announced Karaoke Revolution. Pricing is TBA and may contain the requisite dance pad. More details from E3 of course.

FSLink

Banned
I really want to care for this, but my metal DDR pad just broke recently.
Maybe I'll get a new one if the songs in the compilation turn out to be great.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hopefully the Hottest Party and Hottest Party 2 pads will be compatible, though I wouldn't know why they wouldn't be.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Good, now I'll have some good music to use my 360 pads on. Though its going to be hard to not get the Wii or PS2 version, since I have sets of pad and adapters for them too. I really hope the game only version is randomly budget priced.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Andrex said:
Hopefully the Hottest Party and Hottest Party 2 pads will be compatible, though I wouldn't know why they wouldn't be.

There's not really much to the pads, unlike guitars. Basically, each sensor on the pad stands in for a button on a normal controller. You could technically use a pad for any game that only required the d-pad and the face buttons.

So for the Hottest Party pads to not work, they'd have to make specially programmed pads, which is something they've never done afaik. This version not being compatible with previous pads would be a fuckup of colossal proportions.

Anyway, I probably won't be getting this. A "best of" with a volume number pretty much guarantees that I'm not going to be totally satisfied with the set list unless I buy all of their volumes. I've got Max, Max 2, and Extreme 2, and I think I'll be fine with that. Extreme 2 is actually the best US DDR release I've played, awesome setlist. I was dissapointed in Extreme and Suprnova. Haven't tried Suprnova 2 or X, though.

Hopefully they will make one version for all 3 consoles from now on. The 3 separate releases they have been are all really half-baked.

Here's hoping for a version that can make me stop playing DDR Extreme (JP version).

OK, who am I kidding?

I'd assume a USB adapter would let me use my old padded mat though, right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SiegfriedFM said:
Here's hoping for a version that can make me stop playing DDR Extreme (JP version).

OK, who am I kidding?

I'd assume a USB adapter would let me use my old padded mat though, right?
Depends, what port does the old pad use, and what system do you want to use it for?

sphinx

the piano man
Kumiko Nikaido said:
Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), will make its appearance once again on current and next-gen platforms later this year.

WTF?:lol :lol

shouldn't it be Current and last-gen??

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kumiko Nikaido said:
Konami's long-standing Bemani music dancing series, Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), will make its appearance once again on current and next-gen platforms later this year.

There is no "next-gen" platform. There is only current gen (PS3, 360, Wii) and last gen (PS2) listed there.

seat

The load times were awful in DDR Universe 3, even worse than the previous two installments, effectively making that entry in the series useless as an exercise tool. I hope this compilation doesn't suffer the same fate.

Deft Beck

seat said:
The load times were awful in DDR Universe 3, even worse than the previous two installments, effectively making that entry in the series useless as an exercise tool. I hope this compilation doesn't suffer the same fate.

Not to mention the incorrect calorie counter and framerate issues.

fuck yeah. give me lots of everything before extreme. anything after they can fuck off. i would even accept the Disney mix :lol

androvsky

Wheeliedude said:

Wait, what? Framerate issues in a DDR? That's not good.

Still...

PS3 DDR FINALLY OH MY GOD. It's taken them long enough.

Wheeliedude said:
I only noticed framerate issues in the DDR games KCEH developed on Xbox platforms (which never got fixed despite 7 installments). Other DDR games were fine framerate wise IMO.

Glad to hear DDR is coming to multiple platforms, instead of trying to make an individual DDR for each platform.

Sai-kun

Banned
BoilersFan23 said:
I only noticed framerate issues in the DDR games KCEH developed on Xbox platforms (which never got fixed despite 7 installments). Other DDR games were fine framerate wise IMO.

Glad to hear DDR is coming to multiple platforms, instead of trying to make an individual DDR for each platform.

Ultramixes were the best though.

pubba

I was disappointed after buying DDR Universe 3 for 360 (Asian version) last month.

The main reason I bought it was for a cardio workout. I used to play the older DDR games when I had a ps2 a few years ago.

However, the new 'workout mode' is terrible. It's not even a seperate game mode, it just counts calories burned when you play the normal game modes... which are plagued by short songs and long loading times.

I used to have a dancing game on PS2 called 'Into the groove' that was brilliant because the songs were much longer, and it had a great workout mode.

LiK

i hope the music int he collection is not directly ripped from the PSOne games. the audio quality is not so great in comparison to the 360 versions.

mollipen

If "best of" means "a bunch of stupid licensed tracks", then no thanks. If these are actual tracks from the good years of DDR, then consider me possibly interested.

Then again, maybe not. I'm sick of this crap Konami. Make one game, and make a full song purchase platform like Rock Band has done. That's the only way you're really going to ever get me to buy DDR again. I'm done with the days of disc-swapping in order to play the songs I want to play.

It seems like retailers have put up descriptions of it, with Gamestop listing a Nov 4, Release Date.

Freely customize the user interface on your PS3 and Xbox 360

Background, Designs (With movements), Animated Effects

Combine all the features to create your own user interface

Giving DanceDanceRevolution fanatics the ultimate challenge, introducing the eight arrow mode for the Xbox 360 and PS3!

Download over 150 songs from past games and new songs on the Xbox 360 and PS3; plus 50 tracks on disk for all skus, featuring major licensed master tracks including:
“Disturbia”/Rihanna
“Closer”/Ne-Yo
“One Step At A Time”/Jordin Sparks
“My Prerogative”/Bobby Brown
“Pocketful of Sunshine”/Natasha Bedingfield
“Viva La Vida”/Coldplay
“Boogie Wonderland”/Earth Wind & Fire
“Space Dance”/Danny Tenaglia
“I'm Coming Out” /Diana Ross
“Feel Good Inc.” /Gorillaz

Extensive new modes, including a fresh new Work Out Mode, fun new Story Mode, Kids Modes with much simpler controls and Lesson Mode to practice timing and the direction of arrows so that new dancers can learn the basics

With a completely new Lesson Mode "DDR School", you can learn how to play DDR with ease on your Wii.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Judderman said:
Give me .59, Absolute, Dynamite Rave, Drop the Bomb, On the Jazz, Sakura, etc. or give me death.
Also, Moba Moga, Air, Get up and Move, Daikenkai, Let the beat hit em, and Kind Lady.

Shurs

8amd7qw.gif

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Better stick with just the first few mixes, Dynamite Rave, Butterfly, Captain jack, 99 Red ballons, etc

And i'll definitely buy it, Only one I own is the 3rd Mix, The best one :lol

Top Bottom