• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami brings Otomedius Deluxe (360) to U.S.

Cypher

250px-Otomedius_Gorgeous.jpg

Looks like shooter fans can rejoice, as Otomedius G, now redubbed Otomedius Deluxe, will make its way to U.S. shores!

Tentative release date is Sept. 7th. Pricing is tentative at at whopping $59.99. (WTF?)

Dambrosi

Banned
Great. Now...is this any good? Bear in mind I'm not expecting Gradius V or even Gradius ReBirth quality here, but...is it any good?

And what Cow Mengde said. At least make a DS one!

Oh yeah - no region-free, no sale ('coz this is never coming to Europe, sadly).

surly

Banned
Why don't they just put games like this on XBLA? They're only a few hundred MB each and they could sell them worldwide then.

Tain

I'm not going to be picking it up, but I'm not seeing anything offensive about the price tag.

Now...is this any good?

not really.

I mean, it's competent in the sense that it's not Aegis Wing or anything, but I honestly can't think of a single -dius arcade release that I wouldn't rather play.

mollipen

$60? Totally sent to die. Good job Konami, but par for the course with you these days.

Still, glad this is coming over, and I will certainly pick it up, unless Konami also cuts in up in some way for the NA release.

shidoshi said:
$60? Totally sent to die. Good job Konami, but par for the course with you these days.

Still, glad this is coming over, and I will certainly pick it up, unless Konami also cuts in up in some way for the NA release.

hope they print a ton of copies like Rock Revolution. Will buy when its $4.99 in a few weeks and still wont sell. :lol

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
even if the price IS final, I'm sure we all know it will be much more afforable in a short time afterward.

JEKKI

Deluxe!!!

hansei nante shinai

dare mo shitenai

nai! nai!

nee nandomo koishiyou

hanasaku yo

kondo koso

hey!

furui HITO ni bye-bye-bye

oiwai MOODO de

wah ha ha!

mou soro-soro sotsugyou shite

kono sai ne

CHARA demo in ja nai

dan dan! da da da dan! para para para!

dan dan! da da da dan! para para para!

Quixzlizx

After hearing the mixed reviews about this game, I don't know if I want to pay $60, especially since the Deathsmiles LE is $10 cheaper. I'll definitely be picking it up at some point, though.

Chacranajxy said:
I'll be frank: this game sucks.

How bad?

I'm a casual SHMUP fan, but a massive fan of Mine Yoshizaki.

Ugh. . .

Sucks it's a 360 exclusive; but it's definitely a feather in the 360 cap IMO. Speaking as someone who eats up wacky shit. :(

That price is rubbish though.

Tain

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Give me ONE good reason why charging $59.99 for this makes any sense.

Are you offended that Deathsmiles is $50? I mean, the game isn't very good, but is it supposed to be cheap because it's a shooter or something?

I was always interested with this, mostly for the gimmicky arcade stick and my fond memories of Parodius.

However, with all the Cave shmups on 360 already and more and more coming all the time, it's hard enough to keep up with.

I'd like to get ShmupGAF's opinion on the game first.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Give me ONE good reason why charging $59.99 for this makes any sense.

Because this game has one tiny niche market that will buy it at any price.

They could release it at 9.99$ and it will bomb and only sell to the hardcore who would have bought it for 59.99.

If it includes all the DLC it's an attractive price and anyone who imported it probably paid that or more and didn't get the DLC. So it's really not horrible... then again this game is approaching 3 years old.

Tain

To be fair it comes with a faceplate, soundtrack, and all the DLC for free which makes DS a great deal.

This probably has the DLC as well. But yeah, I forgot DS was in a bundle. Shows how much I care about the non-DLC extras, to be honest.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Tain said:
This probably has the DLC as well. But yeah, I forgot DS was in a bundle. Shows how much I care about the non-DLC extras, to be honest.
Having paid for the DS DLC on my own with Japanese XBL point cards, this should still pretty cheap compared to importing and getting the DLC from the Japanese Marketplace. :lol

Hunahan

Banned
I'm more pleased to hear that we somehow managed to create a shmup market in the united states than I am to hear that we are finally getting Otomedius.

Let's be honest, just three years ago this was deemed unworthy of release. It's obviously a bandwagon-hopper.

Those Cave region-free tests apparently must have gone well. Just about the only rationale I can come up with for this timing.....

LiK said:
CAVE/Aksys > Konami

This.

I think $60 even with all the DLC is way too much. $40 would be acceptable. Unfortunately, I'm going to guess that the print run will be super small, and I will be forced to pick it up at $60.

Dizzy-4U

By the way, how many copies did Triggerheart Exelica sold for XBL?

Not the same type of shooter as Otomedius for sure, but it's kinda aimed at the same audience.
I bought it and liked it.

LiK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Last gen Konami released Gradius V in the US at 29.99. There's no way in hell they're charging 59.99 for this game.

yea, but that game didn't have boobs. :p

Gotta admit seeing what became of the Vic Viper makes me feel like Konami has stomped a massive hole in my heart and soul.

They really are the worst company this generation.

This is a pretty lame shmup, not worth $60 at all. I've played it at a friends who has it and an import 360. You're better off importing Mushihime-sama Futari or Espgaluda II which are both region free.

Maybe worth $20 if you're a huge shmup fan.

And don't expect to see virtual jigglies, it's very modest.

Top Bottom