• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami delay eFootball full release until Spring 2022

Kadve

A delayed game is always better than a rushed one. Kudos to Konami for not falling to the "release it now, patch later" mentality so prevalent in the Industry right now.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
158.jpg

SEGA_2012

It is one of the shittiest games i haver played in my entire life. Just cancel it , Konami. There is no salvation to this piece of turd.

Raekwon26

Ah yes, brilliant.

I still remember all those people thinking a free to play sports game like this was a better way that what we currently have.

This is just going fantastic.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I fucking love this game. I am an absolute beast at it now. I cannot wait for the release. This is the best football simulation I've ever played. Everything I can imagine I can pull off with the most absolute ease and in the rare ocassion I lose, I understand what I did wrong.

Thank you Konami for making this game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The "eFootball™ 2022" v1.0.0 update will be released on April 14, 2022.

"To offer soccer fans around the world an opportunity to enjoy a new soccer game with unparalleled realism like never before."
With that resolve in mind, we entered what would eventually be a two-year period of development for eFootball™ 2022. However, we were too focused on getting the game out on time that we lost sight of the most important thing — quality.
Naturally, we were met with critical reviews from rightfully disappointed fans.

The development team has been hard at work since to regain the trust of our esteemed fans, as well as to make the game even more enjoyable for soccer fans around the world.
As part of our commitment to improving the game, we have added new commands and numerous elements (both offensive and defensive) that are prevalent in the modern game of soccer. We have also readjusted the balance of the game and fixed bugs to ensure an enjoyable gaming experience.

All these changes were only possible because of your valuable opinions garnered from user feedback that we gathered from in-game surveys and social media posts — your "real voices".
Among those voices, many of them were encouraging us to create the best game possible. We were inspired by the warmth of the feedback and were able to pull together as a team, even amid the global health crisis. For this, we would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Although it has been 6 months since the initial release last September, we believe we have finally reached a level of quality that we can be confident of. Hence the decision behind the release of v1.0.0.
Rest assured, we still have some more functionalities that will be implemented in future updates, so keep an eye out for further information in the future. In the meantime, we certainly hope you enjoy this "New Soccer Game"!

TLZ

Banned
Talk is cheap. Had enough of it. Let's see how it plays after all this wait.

And where's ML?

RAIDEN1

Talk is cheap. Had enough of it. Let's see how it plays after all this wait.

And where's ML?
Exactly.....how many teams from the get go can you play? Are all the major leagues available from day one, or do you have to pay in order to play as AC Milan from Serie A? As of right now I am still sticking with PES 2021

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I fucking love this game. I am an absolute beast at it now. I cannot wait for the release. This is the best football simulation I've ever played. Everything I can imagine I can pull off with the most absolute ease and in the rare ocassion I lose, I understand what I did wrong.

Thank you Konami for making this game.

Konami: “we fucked up. We lost sight of quality and released a poor game”

You: “wow! This is the best football simulation I’ve ever played”

How? 😂

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Every other industry in the world:

"We're excited to announce our new products are available soon at store shelves or show room floor. Launching August 1st."

Video game companies:

"After careful consideration based on feedback, our company regretfully announces we will delay the launch of our new products until further notice. Management would like to congratulate our team for diligently working 18 hour days turning a bad beta into a game that might be good, so if all you gamers can stop ragging on the bad demo, our company morale will improve.

If it wasnt for such negative feedback, we would had launched the game for $70 taking your money for a lousy game, but since you caught us, we've reconsidered ripping you off. So please give us another try later. But make note there likely won't be a second demo to try as we're hoping you just trust us enough it'll be good enough to buy straight up.

We'd like to acknowledge our employees for a job well done, despite the crap feedback. Here's another office lobby photo of all 150 of us with a big smile.

Devotedly,

Game Company X"

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Konami: “we fucked up. We lost sight of quality and released a poor game”

You: “wow! This is the best football simulation I’ve ever played”

How? 😂
What can I say? There is no other football simulation that feels as good to me as this one. It needs polish, but the base is there. It might also help that somehow I am almost unbeatable in this game. In 50+ online games I think I lost twice. I am done with the game until the final release though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom