• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami financial report: MGSV comes out somewhere between April - June 2015?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
According to our fellow Gaffer Arkham Inmate this could be true.

Update:
Hey guys, just updating the link in my post:

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2015/0205_510530.pdf

The report for Q3 is for Oct-Dec 2014 and 'pipeline' covers during everything after. PES2016 is a surety and not something that would be undisclosed especially in a financial report for investors since it would be a key revenue generator for the year. This clearly leads me to believe that we are only being shown titles that will release before end June 2015.

Guys, the financial report indicated that the game will release in Q1 of FY2016, i.e. between Apr-Jun 2015. Below is my reasoning for the same.

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2014/1106_321391.pdf

• The report is for FY 2015 (which means Apr 2014-Mar 2015), specifically for the 2nd Quarter (Q2) and states that this Q2 period ends Sep 30, 2014

• This confirms that their financial year is in the following manner - Q1 (Apr-Jun), Q2 (Jul -Sep), Q3 (Oct-Dec), Q4 (Jan-Mar)

• Note that in the Q2 releases/pipeline slide it lists Jul-Sep 2014 releases and immediate 'pipeline' i.e. releases that follow. The last dated product is for Spring 2015 which implies that title is scheduled for Apr-May.

• The 'pipeline' list clearly does not cover the the period beyond Q1 since PES 2016 (which should be either Sep or Nov i.e. Q2 or Q3) is nowhere to be mentioned.

• Hence it is clear that they are indicating to investors the MGSV: TPP will release in Q1, i.e. between Apr-Jun 2015.

Well I can't comment for sure on Konami but I know for a fact that several publishers follow this kind of financial year model since I have been working in the games business for several years.

The 'pipeline' list clearly does not cover the the period beyond Q1 since PES 2016 (which should be either Sep or Nov i.e. Q2 or Q3) is nowhere to be mentioned.

I wasn't aware that PES 2016 had been announced

AHA-Lambda

You are still making some assumptions from this info though, most specifically the absence of PES and the placement of TPP on the release slides.

As PES hasn't been officially announced yet (I'm sure anyway) just cos TPP is on this list but PES isn't doesn't mean TPP will be out before PES.

kurahador

Hmm...maybe Kojima will make a megaton announcement during E3?

Like plays out a trailer, "Out next week!!" in the end and then abit more tease of Rising 2.

Arkham Inmate

Neo Member

The report for Q3 is for Oct-Dec 2014 and 'pipeline' covers during everything after. PES2016 is a surety and not something that would be undisclosed especially in a financial report for investors since it would be a key revenue generator for the year. This clearly leads me to believe that we are only being shown titles that will release before end June 2015.

Angel_DvA

Damn, the game was announced too soon, seems like an eternity i'm waiting for it..

April will be perfect but i doubt it.

You are still making some assumptions from this info though, most specifically the absence of PES and the placement of TPP on the release slides.

As PES hasn't been officially announced yet (I'm sure anyway) just cos TPP is on this list but PES isn't doesn't mean TPP will be out before PES.

Assumption, yes. But I see solid reasoning behind it.

Nzyme32

Not convinced that the PC version will make it out at the same time, although I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong. As far as consoles go, releasing in May makes sense

Akiller

Hmm, i guess Konami won't miss the chance to show MGSV at E3.Maybe next month Kojima will just announce "June" as release info and then
"avaiable after E3" or just
the release day during E3 press conferences.

I've had a rethink and looked at some other reports and noticed that the Q4 ones omit the pipeline section completely and Q3 ones don't mention anything specific after March. Basically, everything that is listed are things that can possibly affect the current Financial Year.

So it looks like MGSV is only there because it could technically come out this Financial Year (before April), even though that's practically impossible by now. This is probably a good sign for it coming out in FY Q1.

i1SnHwwpi7ZPN.gif

Nameless

Hopefully it's late June; I really don't need this releasing between or around Bloodborne and Witcher 3. Christ.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
#TeamShirt

MGSV-TPP-Coming-1984.jpg

COMING = 6 letters
1+9+8+4 = 22

Kojima was wearing a swedish t-shirt at the Game Awards with the numbers "6" and "22" on it.

kojima-MGS5-date.jpg

Jb

Between this, Persona 5, Bloodborne and The Witcher I gotta say...

I'm pretty fucking happy right now :)

I would advise against reading into that too strongly. They're only focusing on titles that are already announced, not necessarily titles that are relevant for this FY. In fact, given that Konami's FY ends in March, they're clearly not restricting themselves to titles being released this FY, and there is no reason to give indication that a given title will come out in Q1 FY16, off of that.

Top Bottom