• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami has announced plans to launch a platform for trading in-game NFTs

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a press release, the Japanese publisher stated that it will be recruiting a “wide range of talent for system construction and service development to provide new experiences such as Web3 and Metaverse”.

One of the main aims of this is to create a new platform in which players can trade in-game NFTs .

“We have been conducting research and development to incorporate the latest technology into games and contents, and plan to launch a service where players can trade their in-game NFTs (digital items) through a unique distribution platform using blockchain,” it stated.

According to Konami, the system being developed is “a unique digital item distribution platform that conforms to the ‘Guidelines for Blockchain Games’ set forth by the Computer Entertainment Supplier’s Association, Japan Online Game Association, and the Mobile Content Forum”.

NFTs are unique non-interchangeable units of data stored on a blockchain (a form of digital ledger), which effectively allow users to own, buy and sell digital items such as in-game items or artwork.

Konami says its NFTs “can be used in-game as items, as well as [to] participate in fan communities and events, and interact with other services and communities to further expand the user experience”.

ZoukGalaxy

turds GIF

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Everytime I hear about Konami it reminds me of a quote from Gerard Manley Hopkins
"No worst, there is none"

How will they disappoint me in 2023? MGS remake by Bluepoint exclusive to Pachinko.

FeralEcho

And people are excited at the prospect of Silent Hill coming back...If it's coming back,unless it's somehow exclusive to one of the platform holders giving them an incentive to make it good and is produced by one of their internal studios then you can bet these fuckers are gonna interfere with the project and fuck it up somehow...

It's Konami in 2022,it's like getting excited about what's coming out of a donkey's ass...it's shit...

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Damn....it's sad to see the way video games and the companies are going. Long live the indies I guess (until they get snatched up by Sony, MS, Tencent or Embracer)

Silent Hill: The short message is probably some texting sms nft garbage where they are taking advantage of silent hill fans and using the ip for this nft garbage. I think its a blockchain game.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I love these guys. They are always, always two to three years behind whatever hype or fad was popular. Is something popular and can companies make money off it? Like clockwork Konami comes with a "revolutionary" idea two years after the fad completely died.

This is a picture of Konami headquarters, taken last week:

iu

Crew511A

Back in the NES days, I'd rent any game that had the Konami name. It was synonymous with quality. They had some real bangers in the 16-Bit and 32-Bit years as well.

Amazing how far they've fallen.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Someone at Konami is responsible for those turds of ideas they have had the past years. I just wonder who this can be and why they hate humanity so much?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Did they not see the failures from everyone else that lost big on them?

I swear Konami is now a front for the mob and they need places to launder their Pachinko monies.

Crew511A

Did they not see the failures from everyone else that lost big on them?

I swear Konami is now a front for the mob and they need places to launder their Pachinko monies.

Have other companies lost money on them? I hope so, but I don't remember seeing anything about it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Have other companies lost money on them? I hope so, but I don't remember seeing anything about it.
There are stories about people who bought 6 figure NFTs to only have them be worth $10-$20 now.

I swear it’s a laundering front, much like “high end art” can be.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Konami Key Issues Agenda 2022 and Beyond
(for internal employees only)

Section 1 - Maximizing pachinko machine revenue

Section 2 - NFTs strategy and execution

Section 3 - Adjustments to cafeteria menu

Section 4 - 15% off discount dry cleaning service added to benefits plan

Section 40 - New games

Top Bottom