• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KONAMI heritage games survey (IP awareness)

I included this in every game I said I was interested in.

" Only possible on a platform with physical controller or buttons."

I hope this survey actually gets something underway.

2015-08-1900_48_00-koa1s2y.png

Metal Gear unsurprisingly missing from the list. Well played, Konami.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Took the entire survey. At the end, I was asked if I wanted my email address to be entered in the prize draw, to which I responded YES, but was never asked for my email address. Thanks, Konami.

So I wasn't the only one who had that problem then. Well, if it is a fake survey I guess that's a good thing?

EDIT: Just saw all the updates.

Shang

Completed the survey and signed up for the raffle. Then saw it was a fake. Thankfully my email wasn't compromised. Also, for the first time in almost a decade, I had hope for a solid Bomberman game again. Dreams officially crushed.

Wasn't this emailed to the OP or something?
But who actually emailed it? It's a pretty in depth survey just to get someone's email, which they would already have it that's how they sent it out. Those tweets are from July 1st, so maybe things have changed since then.

ymgve

I answered "PC only" because that seemed like the best way to say "no damn mobile ports". They're gonna release on consoles anyway, so selecting PC has more weight.

I told them if they aren't going to take gaming seriously then sell Hudson and their own game catalog to someone that will.
Not that it matters, they won't read it. Konami is dead to me.

Edit: oh it's fake? Figures.

A-V-B

"Please tell us which Pachislot games to make next. Thank you."

Wait, they wouldn't need to ask. The answer is "all of them."

Juicy Bob

This thread is kind of an interesting case study on who actually reads threads they post in and who hasn't read that people are pointing out that this is fake as shit and filling it out anyway.

Pejo

I asked for a new Console/PC Zone of the Enders as my #1 request. Did my part. Also a 2D Castlevania, sequel to Hard Corps Uprising, and new Suikoden.

Also asked for a multiplayer phone version of Bomberman. Since I can't have my friends come over to play in person anymore, that will probably be the only way I'd have fun with that game again.

Told them to continue Castlevania and to ignore the Lords of Shadow series, and if they want to make another 3D entry to take inspiration from the way Dark Souls handles exploration and combat.

Edit: Oh it's fake? Welp..

atomico

Funny, I didn't know Konami ended up with the higly coveted Bomberman IP.

Some of these are really weird:

Sunset Riders (Single arcade game plus SNES/Genesis ports. An XBLA Game Room port cancelled somewhere along the way).
Parodius (Only the first game was released in US/Euro arcades, and SNES port).
Bishi Bashi Special (I know absolutely nothing about this one.)

Edit: Oh. It's fake. Figures. It lacked the heart-breaking edge actual Konami news have

This thread is kind of an interesting case study on who actually reads threads they post in and who hasn't read that people are pointing out that this is fake as shit and filling it out anyway.

Well I've learned my lesson. Before I take surveys from now on I will read every post in the thread first, regardless how many pages there are.

The best part is Konami warning that it's a fake, without even redirecting to a real survey. They're aware that everyone else cares more about their franchises than they do, they just seriously do not care.

Damn, I had no idea it was fake. I did PES surveys in the past for them. This was the email i received:

x3J3L1e.png
Are you on a Konami mailing list?

This is so bizarre. The whole point of fake surveys is to gather personal info, but this doesn't ask for any. Maybe the person running the twitter is just unaware of this. (I wouldn't be surprised if lack of communication is a problem there.)

What are these supposedly fake surveys trying to accomplish then?

Epcott

I took the survey, but didn't send my email info. I don't care who got it, I just want them to know I want my PlatinumGames local multiplayer open world Contra game, damnit!

Tain

oh this is fake?

That's a shame.

I started writing details about "favorite elements" and got surprisingly into it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I completely blanked on other Konami franchises, and of course now I remember Ninja Five O.

I would take a sequel to that over almost any of their franchises.

Edit: It's fake? I thought it was a little odd that multiplatform was PC and Mobile.

Apparently I spent too much time typing up my thoughts and my session timed out. Being on mobile, the only thing that happened when I attempted to ressurect my responses was a message to please start over. I'm a bit pissed off, really. I'll rarely find myself imbuing such passion or vigor into something I'm writing.

...of course I'd spend twenty goddamned minutes enraptured in, of all things, a fucking video game survey, pouring out all the style and eloquence I could muster to ensure my enthusiasm for Castlevania and Gradius is understood by a company who's probably using the survey results to decide what IP to shove into their next fucking pachinko machine.

For all I know they're just trying to gauge how much public interest their dormant franchises have in order to establish some sort of value when selling them off to Activision or EA or goddamned LJN.

Wasted breath
or so I'm telling myself before I decide to fill it out again once I get home and turn my PC on

Edit: OF COURSE IT'S FUCKING FAKE OH GOD

I guess that's nice to know for the people contemplating filling it out. It's nice to know before getting too involved, eh?

Top Bottom