• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KONAMI heritage games survey (IP awareness)

KSJ3JpF.png

I hope you step on Legos.

Even if the survey is fake.

Ah, how lame. Was hoping for a chance to yell about things that I enjoyed in the past and want to see more of.

End of the survey I just asked for Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2 to be on PSN along with Metal Gear Solid (GBC) for Eshop.

Nice suggestion, I'll keep this in mind on the off chance we get an actual survey.

Wow, look at all on those broken dreams and franchises.

Suikoden deserves a better company.

I keep hoping they'll at least release some fuckhuge compendium with the outline for where the series was supposed to go and concept art and such. If I could even get that I would be overjoyed. :(

akira28

strange since most companies do their customer/field test surveys through a third party.

I know of a few reputable ones who do everything through surveymonkey and others like that. To expect a twitter announcement for every survey seems strange, since surveys aren't usually connected with promotions, they're the blood and guts of backroom marketing research. But Konami is crazy anyway, so maybe it fits.

edit: holy shit. The survey is legit, but unauthorized. The market research team went rogue, and Konami is at war with them like they are Kojima Productions. They're trying to fight off the pachinko cabal that has taken over the company. An ancient bylaw, if they can prove that video games are still popular, Konami would be forced to make them. Konami wants them stopped at all costs.

The lack of PC+console option is fucking bullshit.

they want you to pick one or the other, they are mutually exclusive.

but... you like mobile games don't you???

HYDE

Banned
Konami: Castlevania is the only other series I care about besides Metal Gear...

If Capcom asks: Resident Evil and Devil May Cry.

Contra and Mega Man are dead to me.

I was spending a good amount of time filling out the part about what I liked about each game then when I hit the submit button it said that it timed out then it said that it was now closed :(
Edit-now I know it was probably a fake.

Zubz

Banned
Wait, is the survey closed for everyone else, or are Americans just shut out? I mean, it's probably fake, but if this is a rogue marketing department like Akira said, I kind of want to thank them for sticking their necks out for the sake of the fans.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
edit: holy shit. The survey is legit, but unauthorized. The market research team went rogue, and Konami is at war with them like they are Kojima Productions. They're trying to fight off the pachinko cabal that has taken over the company. An ancient bylaw, if they can prove that video games are still popular, Konami would be forced to make them. Konami wants them stopped at all costs.

Wow seriously?

...where's our draw for $200? :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why did you take out the link OP? If this will help console games for Konami as per akira28, it'll be great.

Anyways, if you're doubtful on the $200 offer, you can just say "No Thanks" at the end of the Survey.

Rogue marketing team at Konami EU? Not completely surprising, the text in the GamesCom trailer for MGS5 seemed like it was talking more about what happened to Kojima than the plot of MGS5.

I wish I could buy some of these IPs for cheap.

Konami is probably looking to start selling them and are conducting this survey to gauge their worth.

Konosuke

Why did you take out the link OP? If this will help console games for Konami as per akira28, it'll be great.

Anyways, if you're doubtful on the $200 offer, you can just say "No Thanks" at the end of the Survey.

I just saw akira28's post, it's there again hehe. I want it to be true because of ZOE.

Hasspro

Neo Member
Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden Suikoden

Illucio

Banned
My assumption, they are taking the biggest recognized brands and making gambling machines of them with no intention of making any big new console/PC title of the game.

wrowa

Where is this coming from?

Everyone vote for Mystical Ninja Goemon :(

At this point I'd be happy if they only re-released the few games in that franchise that actually made it to the west.

I need Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (the first N64 game) in my veins.

I didn't say Castlevania cause I dont trust them making a good job.

Citation needed.

J_Ark

Long life to market research team.

What's your source?

Top Bottom