• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami introduced an expiration date for MB coins (Japan/Steam only)

Ludens

Banned
XPpxB4m.jpeg

SoulUnison

Banned
Squeeze every last drop of Yen out of your previous goodwill, Konami.

I'm honestly glad you're essentially dead, at this point.

Why..? What's the point, except just to piss people off? Would anybody after lossing their MB coins six months from now, actually go: "Oh well, better just buy some new ones then."?

Konami literally scraping the barrel when it comes to their shittiness. Only pushing their bullshit to the region and marketplace that allows it is hilarious.

danowat

Banned
Why..? What's the point, except just to piss people off? Would anybody after lossing their MB coins six months from now, actually go: "Oh well, better just buy some new ones then."?

discontinuation of the service in Japan?

I just can't think of any other reason, about from Konami shittiness, to do it.

Drencrom

What's the point of having an expiration date on a currency like this? Is it so that people can't collect MoneyBux coins overtime?

Ludens

Banned
Do you know what is strange?
The fact they are talking right now about this expiration date. Because on March 1st all MB coins should expire, but the statement says they resetted the expiration date, so MB coins will expire on September 1st now (if I'm reading it right).

Dunno, either way it sounds really scummy, like they did players a favor by resetting the expiration date while no one even knew MB coins can expire (dunno if they released a Japan only statement, but I doubt it).

What's the point of having an expiration date on the currency like this? Is it so that people can't collect MoneyBux coins overtime, like that's a bad thing?

Yeah, probably to force people on spending MB coins on little transactions, like hats or fast FOB development boosters. So people can't accumulate large chunk of MB coins in order to buy other Fobs, this is the only thing I can think about, since only Fobs cost 1000+ MB coins.

roytheone

This is actually disgusting. Even worse then the other Shit they pulled with this game. Does this also count for coins you purchased before this announcement? Because I think that would be straight up illegal.

Hektor

This is actually disgusting. Even worse then the other Shit they pulled with this game. Does this also count for coins you purchased before this announcement? Because I think that would be straight up illegal.

It does, mentioned in the last part of the announcement.

What's the point of having an expiration date on a currency like this? Is it so that people can't collect MoneyBux coins overtime?
There are daily bonuses that give you small amounts of MB coins every few days. This is basically meant to make it so you can't gather those, making them essentially useless.

Drencrom

Exactly, no one who lose their coins because of this bullshit restriction will ever spend money on them.

Konami is really just doing this to fuck over customers.

KAP151

It wasnt all that long ago when Konami actually had franchises and didnt treat their customers with utter contempt and disgust.

Horrible.

roytheone

It does, mentioned in the last part of the announcement.

Was it clear that they had an expiration date when buying them? Because if it wasn't, this is probably illegal. And they can pretend that resetting the validity period is some kind of nice gesture from them all they want, it's not, It's a scam.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hasn't this been known for a while? I could swear they already stated they were going to wipe MB coins off your account after 6 months.

What is a "Konami"?

It's the word we use when a company make a disgusting move agains their customers.

i.e: Payday2 made a "Konami" on his users with the microtransactions thing

/j

edit: Also, I remember this being like this in playstation japan since the beginning.

Hektor

Was it clear that they had an expiration date when buying them? Because if it wasn't, this is probably illegal. And they can pretend that resetting the validity period is some kind of nice gesture from them all they want, it's not, It's a scam.

"Some users may have received MB coins without knowing about the validity period" doesn't sound like it.

That's why they're so friendly to reset the expiration counter for now.

Roni

Gold Member
Hasn't this been known for a while? I could swear they already stated they were going to wipe MB coins off your account after 6 months.

Their ToS update mentioned they could take MB Coins away. But I don't remember if they set a period then.

Veldin

Decisions like these are genuinely baffling. The amount of people still playing six months from now, to the point where they'd consider buying MB Coins, is probably really small. I guess they're trying to make the most of it.

Top Bottom