• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KONAMI PRE-E3 EXTRAVAGANZA 2011 (Pre-Recorded) | Konami Doesn't Get Why We Watch

C.Dark.DN

Banned
-So, I like PS2HD<-->NGP transfarring. I don't know if I'd want to do ps3<-->NGP transfarring beyong multiplayer.
-I think the concept would be good for PC MMO<-->Any handheld. I've actually thought about and wanted this for a logn while. A new MMO would have to do different assets tho. So it's a big different, not 1:1.
-Did Japan see the mega64.com short? I'm interested in what they saw if not.
-That Raiden PC model looked so good.

Seda said:
I got a laugh out of this:

@Tak_Fujii
"Deep apology for you all who expected to be sucked, but I have been censored LMAO"
what does this even mean? lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
he posted this a day ago
6yKOf.jpg

what is that, caffeine?

TRANSFAR

Kojima really thinks he's some sort of a revolutionary genius.

You're not, Kojima. You're a has been. You created the golden goose with MGS1. Then you raped the goose and it died.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just got back from the São Paulo event, and it was kinda fun. Mostly for the people I met, though.

Poyunch

Just got to the transfarring part. I've always though that this is what Nintendo needed to do for Animal Crossing. Get to it Nintendo.

Vespene

RustyNails said:
TRANSFAR

You're not, Kojima. You're a has been. You created the golden goose with MGS1. Then you raped the goose and it died.

Gotta admit, that made me chuckle.

ultron87

Man, it is a huge bummer that the most exciting thing of this whole thing was remakes of old games.

So is MGS: Rising dying a slow death or what?

Angry Fork

RustyNails said:
TRANSFAR

smh @ not recognizing MGS2 and 3's greatness. I love MGS4 as well but am okay with others hating on it, but 2 and 3 are still masterpieces. Haven't played Peace Walker yet but many people say Peace Walker is great as well.

ultron87 said:
Man, it is a huge bummer that the most exciting thing of this whole thing was remakes of old games.

So is MGS: Rising dying a slow death or what?
I think they're saving MGS: Rising for Sony and Microsoft to show next week. If they don't show it next week, then maybe the game is slowly dying.

Kaizer

Banned
Can't believe this fizzled out so bad. I overslept and hurriedly rushed to GAF to find out what I missed, which wasn't much. I still did enjoy the video though. The Kojima part was funny and entertaining. And who would've thought just a few hours ago we'd be getting ZOE1 & ZOE2 in HD next year? Awesome stuff imo.

That was pretty disappointing in lots of aspects. I'm sure that they could not have the same zany crap as last year, but the games were really weak as well.

My base hype level starts out a little something like this:

1. New IP revealed
2. Big reboot of a long dormant series
3. Direct sequel to a recent game
4. 3rd plus sequel to a recent game
5. Port / Remake

Sure I like MGS3 well enough and I've never played ZOE, but remakes just don't do it for me anymore. I'm always looking for new experiences and I just can't work up the gumption to play old stuff. So when all the big news from your conference is remake collections...

Angry Fork said:
smh @ not recognizing MGS2 and 3's greatness. I love MGS4 as well but am okay with others hating on it, but 2 and 3 are still masterpieces. Haven't played Peace Walker yet but many people say Peace Walker is great as well.
MGS2 was a fraud. The cover should have a pasty skinned 20 something emo noob Raiden on the cover, not Solid Snake. I'm okay by people liking it, but I don't think I'll ever forgive Kojima for pulling a Raiden on us. MGS3 was the best one in the series after the 1st and I definitely love that game more thatn 2 or 4.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Photos from the SF event:
Note: The place was actually incredibly dark, but I turned on "night mode," so everything looks a bit more exposed.

fCMC1.jpg
6FlWs.jpg
Kan6P.jpg
w1VPp.jpg
cFJwb.jpg
m4wFj.jpg
dvt7y.jpg
hen3x.jpg
TxwxF.jpg
YzVPh.jpg
JFvSk.jpg
rhpBN.jpg
smQN6.jpg
8TdT9.jpg
tsdCq.jpg
rbQDr.jpg
lJWtP.jpg
F9TkG.jpg
yuSTc.jpg

I took more pics of Skullgirls than anything else :/

The only people I recognized there was this one guy who's name's Sebastian that I've met at a few events, and the PS blog fellows. I wish I could've stayed longer for the food and open bar, but I had class :/

Ellis Kim

Banned
RustyNails said:
MGS2 was a fraud. The cover should have a pasty skinned 20 something emo noob Raiden on the cover, not Solid Snake. I'm okay by people liking it, but I don't think I'll ever forgive Kojima for pulling a Raiden on us. MGS3 was the best one in the series after the 1st and I definitely love that game more thatn 2 or 4.
I love how this false perception of Raiden continues to persist. He was a noob, yes, that was the entire point--
He is you, the player. Raiden is you. You played MGS1. You think you are Snake, but you know you're not, etc etc.
, but emo? Seriously?

Kintaco

Angry Fork said:
Nobody mention the snatcher thing in the background while talking to Kojima/Art director guy? Maybe it was just put there to fuck with fans I guess.

hgckm.png
This is what I worked on from the video clip.
fuXKw.png

Is that a 0 or a D? Are they fucking with us? Or this legit!? My mind is about to explode! Fuck the rest of the conference, if this is legit I will get my knee pads ready for Kojima's manhood! Or screw it, I'll even take the rug burns! My body is ready Kojima, do with it whatever you want!!!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
What I learned from the pre-recorded conference:
1. My Internet connection sucks right now
2. My ISP is bad and should feel bad
3. I'll be pissed if I can't stream the big three conferences decently

:(

Gravijah

Jocchan said:
What I learned from the pre-recorded conference:
1. My Internet connection sucks right now
2. My ISP is bad and should feel bad
3. I'll be pissed if I can't stream the big three conferences decently

:(

Shhh, I'm trying to figure out the Snatcher possibilities.

It doesn't mean a thing. :(

Ellis Kim

Banned
IonicSnake said:
I think that was announced nonchalantly during the "conference" video.

Riposte said:
Has this been posted? The Mega64 skit... with one small adjustment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWxISpfzCw
lol, its so awesome. Its a small pity that they dubbed the english version of Kojima with their American staff members (I think it sounded like Chris from the podcast), when they used their star roster for the Japanese dub, lol.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Kintaco said:

Is that a 0 or a D? Are they fucking with us?
OMG it's Sqatcher!!11

Why was this missing Goemon?

What have you done to Goemon, Konami?

Please put a Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon HD remake or simple upscale to PSN/XBLA. PSN ver must have full Platinum trophy set.

Maybe theyre saving it for E3?
fuck the world

Micerider

jetsetfluken said:
Why was this missing Goemon?

What have you done to Goemon, Konami?

Please put a Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon HD remake or simple upscale to PSN/XBLA. PSN ver must have full Platinum trophy set.

Maybe theyre saving it for E3?
fuck the world

Why is this missing Suikoden? WHY? Why is this missing a Proper new MGS or a new ZOE?

Why is this missing some interesting Castlevania annoucements?

Why is this missing any promising new IP at all?

Hell, I would have preferred a new "OOOnnnneee miiilllliionnnn ttrroooppp WOOOAAWW" or a Rock Revolution fiasco than this, at least it would have been entertaining.

But you know...I've lost hope, Konami does not seem to be "Eeexxxtttrrreeeemmmeee" anymore and we are lucky to have 1 or 2 interesting titles from them every year.

On a side note, I really enjoyed Castlevania : LoS

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Seda said:
I got a laugh out of this:

@Tak_Fujii
"Deep apology for you all who expected to be sucked, but I have been censored LMAO"
Goddamn this guys is awesome. I want to meet him and Maeda in person.

Kunan

Graphics Horse said:
Actually it could be argued you got a lot of those in there, not sure if it makes a Bingo or not.
This is what I got:

o5e53n.png

"Guy who clearly doesn't want to be here" could be argued for Kojima during the Rising bit

masterkajo

Jay Sosa said:
Nooooo I missed it..didn't even know E3 already started..

Anyway is there some kind of endless stream loop like last year?
gamespot, gametrailers and other sites have it. I think you can even watch it on the official konami e3 site.

Kunan said:
"Guy who clearly doesn't want to be here" could be argued for Kojima during the Rising bit

Or Shinkawa.
They definitely got a few awkward silences in that segment too.

And grown men actin' a fool.

I think I'm going to have to watch this in full to see if I missed any.

iceatcs

Kintaco said:
fuXKw.png

Is that a 0 or a D? Are they fucking with us? Or this legit!? My mind is about to explode! Fuck the rest of the conference, if this is legit I will get my knee pads ready for Kojima's manhood! Or screw it, I'll even take the rug burns! My body is ready Kojima, do with it whatever you want!!!
Holy shit SDatcher as "Snatcher SD" for Wii

Wii win!

The Hermit

Lol to praise the SD like that is the same as launching a music in Mono and put it in the box as a feature.

I guess its a 0.

Top Bottom