• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Q1 operating income surges to ¥11.6 billion as MGS4 achieves sensational sales

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so what about MGS4 in PS3 MGS bundle , did they count them with the MGS4 numbers , did they got some profit from them or it's just for sony ?

Miburou

Totobeni said:
so what about MGS4 in PS3 MGS bundle , did they count them with the MGS4 numbers , did they got some profit from them or it's just for sony ?

They were counted in their earlier 3M shipped announcement, I believe. And are you seriously asking if Konami gave Sony copies of MGS4 for FREE?

Spiegel

PantherLotus said:
i don't think so.

Okay. Then the chart is incorrect.

MGS2 Sons of Liberty didn't sell 1070k. MGS2 + MGS2 Substance did

And MGS3 Snake Eater didn't sell 1020k either

krzyspc

Banned
Wow only 3 million shipped, way to bomb MGS4. Of course this is when looking at previous titles. Mario Kart Wii has done double that lol.

Well some of this profit bette go in to making PES 09 worthwhile. It's amazing that one bad installment can generate such hatred. Sea-bass, you better come correct.

krzyspc said:
Wow only 3 million shipped, way to bomb MGS4. Of course this is when looking at previous titles. Mario Kart Wii has done double that lol.

krzyspc said:
It should be in favor for MGS4 since it doesn't have any competition and it is the PS3 saviour. What a failure.

SnakeWTF.jpg

WTF is wrong with you?

PantherLotus said:
should substance and subsistence count at all?

Historically these charts always include sales from same-platform "advanced version" reissues (like, the FF chart includes the "international edition" of every game that's hard one.) Just keep the reissues in and update the chart when MGS4:S comes out next year or whatever.

donny2112

PantherLotus said:
should substance and subsistence count at all?

Konami should be counting them towards the shipped total. As such, if you're trying to total up to the shipped numbers, they should be included. If you're just trying to show progression of the games' sales, then they should probably be separate.

Note: For the shipped, Miburou said that Integral includes MGS1, so the MGS1 total should be 925K. The PS1 MGS1 Regular by itself sold 706K.

Zen

Banned
The sales are pretty good. I mean MGS3 sold 3.6 million LTD, right? With Konami shipping just over 3 million, it crossing 1 million in Europe within the first week and a half, it hitting 774.6k in its first month in America, and doing probably 660-670 LTD in Japan (all of this isn't counting the MGS4 bundles sales which were included with the3 million shipment figure, right), it will probably outperform MGS3, or perform very close to the numbers that MGS3 did. Also add a few 100ks WW for the re-release, if they do a subsistence version, like with previous itterations.

donny2112

Zen said:
(all of this isn't counting the MGS4 bundles sales which were included with the3 million shipment figure, right)

The Japanese sale numbers include the hardware bundles. Konami should be including the hardware bundles in their worldwide shipment figures, yes.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
charlequin said:
Historically these charts always include sales from same-platform "advanced version" reissues (like, the FF chart includes the "international edition" of every game that's hard one.) Just keep the reissues in and update the chart when MGS4:S comes out next year or whatever.

Ok, this makes the most sense. I added in notes for clarification. LINK.

donny2112 said:
Konami should be counting them towards the shipped total. As such, if you're trying to total up to the shipped numbers, they should be included. If you're just trying to show progression of the games' sales, then they should probably be separate.

Note: For the shipped, Miburou said that Integral includes MGS1, so the MGS1 total should be 925K. The PS1 MGS1 Regular by itself sold 706K.

I would love to do a WW chart for MGS. I could use shipped numbers from Konami (6M, 7M, 3.96M, and 3.94M, right?) but does anybody have NPD numbers on these? I could subtract out JPN and put "US & Other" but that wouldn't be very valuable.

Additional data, as always is appreciated.

donny2112

PantherLotus said:
but does anybody have NPD numbers on these?

Matt Matthews did an MGS chart in his June NPD writeup at Edge (formerly Next-Gen.biz) showing the LTD sales for the different iterations.

Top Bottom