• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami reveals 50th Anniversary Collections: Castlevania, Contra & Arcade

93xfan

Banned
pc version . doesnt have any filters or anything just image streching so how it compares to lets say same castlevania NES run on Mesen emulator with HQ4x filter . for me its nothing to compare here. you can make original pixelated look on emulator too but cmon for my eyes clear and crisp image is allways better
NUqmNRU.png

WhcJe1R.png

DxFPBSr.png

LJH6ut6.png

A strong no thanks to that. That filter cartoonifies the game.

Generic

The dude made MGS 1, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker, Zone of the Enders 1 & 2, Snatcher, and Policenauts. The man has made his fair share of games. I think I can let one failure pass. But, I don't want to keep you from your soapbox, so continuing your chastising, I'll just put you on ignore.
Even during the development of MGS3 and 4 he made a lot of revolutionary promises that didn't materialize. He also was responsible for more than one failure as the vice-president of Konami. The Lords of Shadow games didn't sell well.
Also you don't need to get upset because someone said Kojima does have flaws, but whatever.

Thabass

Yeah, for the first one. Hardly made the franchise. I suppose he made Lords of Shadow by your definition.

He produced both. But, yeah, he didn't make that one. But he did the rest. And while MGS4 was probably the weaker of the MGS games, it was still an awesome experience. MGS3 is one of the greatest games ever made.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Even during the development of MGS3 and 4 he made a lot of revolutionary promises that didn't materialize. He also was responsible for more than one failure as the vice-president of Konami. The Lords of Shadow games didn't sell well.
Also you don't need to get upset because someone said Kojima does have flaws, but whatever.
He also came in late into mgs3 production and mgs4’s production as well.
There’s a misconception about kojima being fired as VP. There were 2 VPs at Konami, and they were BOTH demoted. The director they promoted along with the VPs (Kojima being one of them) was the only one not demoted from his new position. But yeah, the guy has flaws, like everyone. No shame in it.

KOMANI

KOMANI
He produced both. But, yeah, he didn't make that one. But he did the rest. And while MGS4 was probably the weaker of the MGS games, it was still an awesome experience. MGS3 is one of the greatest games ever made.
Mgs4 is sure an experience. And no, mgs3 isn’t the greatest game ever made. It’s a really good game with great boss fights, but it didn’t change the industry like mgs1 or 2.

Generic

Yeah, for the first one. Hardly made the franchise. I suppose he made Lords of Shadow by your definition.
Remember when he used Konami's money to build a figure of Zone of the Enders 3 before the game was even greenlit? This is the kind of whims I'm talking about.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Remember when he used Konami's money to build a figure of Zone of the Enders 3 before the game was even greenlit? This is the kind of whims I'm talking about.
Konami was waiting to see the sales of the hd collection before green lighting it. What happened to Kojima was no big deal. Happens in business all the time. Konami moved away from video games, they were saving money by firing Kojima, who already announced mgsv was his last metal gear game...again. Not buying a collection of awesome games because of some imaginary head canon people have built up is silly.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
for MGS3 and MGS4 both he wanted to not have to make the games but the company forced him to IIRC? he'd kind of been making the series under a knife for a decade by MGSV, and kept saying in public that each game was "the last one he'd make".

he has wanted out for years and years, yet they kept throwing money at him, and he kept making zany new shit, cos it was making everyone money. no idea why that's somehow a bad thing.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Bringing this thread back to the OT subject (Kojima has fuck all to do with Castlevania), I just beat Bloodlines for the first time. Great little game, but with some glaring flaws. Some crazy difficulty spikes and a boss rush?! Really game? And with no health items in between! You basically have to do a perfect run of the bosses to even have a shot at Dracula. Thankfully Dracula is piss easy compared to some of the others.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
YO

stop fucking bumping this thread :messenger_pouting:
Only bump it when they release the metroidvania collection.

i want that sweet sweet
sotn
gba castlevania 1 2 and 3
ds castlevania 1 2 and 3

Andyliini

They kept talking about first Castlevania collection, but nothing has come out yet. Any day now I hope. I personally think it will feature 8-10 games, but not DS games, they probably need more than just basic emulation to run well.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
YO

stop fucking bumping this thread :messenger_pouting:
Only bump it when they release the metroidvania collection.

i want that sweet sweet
sotn
gba castlevania 1 2 and 3
ds castlevania 1 2 and 3

I just want rondo of blood and Dracula X. Why the hell weren’t those games included??

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
They kept talking about first Castlevania collection, but nothing has come out yet. Any day now I hope. I personally think it will feature 8-10 games, but not DS games, they probably need more than just basic emulation to run well.
:messenger_pouting:

Hulk_Smash

Banned

Then what games are they going to include?
Rondo of Blood
Dracula X
SOTN

...aaaaand. What those awful N64 games? What else is there?

Andyliini

Then what games are they going to include?
Rondo of Blood
Dracula X
SOTN

...aaaaand. What those awful N64 games? What else is there?

I think these games could be included:
Vampire Killer (MSX)
Castlevania Chronicles
Rondo of Blood
Dracula X
Legends
Symphony of the Night
Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow

Maybe throw in Harmony of Despair as well, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I think these games could be included:
Vampire Killer (MSX)
Castlevania Chronicles
Rondo of Blood
Dracula X
Legends
Symphony of the Night
Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow

Maybe throw in Harmony of Despair as well, but I doubt it.

Oh yes. Duh. I forgot DS is not the GBA. I agree this would be the logical next choice for a collection of games.

and dude! I totally forgot about Chronicles. I want this collection now.

Top Bottom