• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami sale on NA PSN Store (Lords of Shadow 2 - $20, Ground Zeroes $10/$15, more)

Where is Castlevania X Chronicles PSP? That one completely gets missed again. Did Konami not have anything to do with that game? Wow its been $15 for the longest time. Shit needs to be $5 right now. Gonna pass on all the other Castlevania games and maybe buy the PS1 games.

I need this for my Vita TV when it releases here.

Tizoc

This is the funny thing with sales like these: Not everything from a dev's catalog goes on sale lol.

I already own physical and PSN copies of Suikoden
, Metal Gear Solid, SotN, and Silent Hill.

But still, I am promoting the sale to all my friends on Facebook in hopes that they will buy it too.

How will you face your son when he asks why YOU didn't buy Suikoden?

was thinking about lords of shadow 2. almost bought it for $35 this weekend, but wasn't quite done with lightning returns. will probably jump on board for this.

ricki42

Was that the Japanese themed sale? I think I remember that.

I don't remember, but I think you may be right. Looking at my purchase history, I also got Devil May Cry HD and Zone of the Enders HD during the same sale (of course, haven't had time to play either, I should stop buying games...). That was a pretty good sale. Though this one isn't too shabby either.

Roubjon

Woah, New Little King's Story for $10 is pretty rad. I wanted to pick it up at launch but $40 was a little too much. I think I'll bite at $10 and get Suikoden as well.

Guys, how good is Suikoden if I love JRPGs? You can recruit a ton of party members right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As someone who loved the original game, I really hate what they did to the Vita version.

They just sucked nearly all of the charm right out of it. The cute art-style was swapped for an incredibly generic anime one (Im not saying anime is bad, this specific art-style is just generic), they changed all of the princesses into extremely pandering waifus (I mean, gosh, they even made one of them a vocaloid singer. Why.), and they changed a lot of the humour/writing to suit a very generic 'anime' template.

They also changed the more unique battles in the original game into pretty generic ones. Most of the cool boss gimmicks were just taken right out of the game.

It's not an outright bad game if it's your only option, but I'd highly recommend the Wii version instead.

Everything here. One of the most disappointing reimaginings of all time. This game is a dried out husk of reboot and anyone who thinks it is better than the original probably never played the original.

omg_mjd

Will Metal Gear Solid show up on my Vita's download list if I buy it on the Sony web store? It's the only way I can buy it since it's not showing up in the Vita's PSN store.

ricki42

Will Metal Gear Solid show up on my Vita's download list if I buy it on the Sony web store? It's the only way I can buy it since it's not showing up in the Vita's PSN store.

It will show up, but it will tell you that it can't be downloaded. I think they like teasing us :(
You'll have to use a PS3.

It's been a while since I've bought anything on PSN, can you make purchases for exact amounts, or are you forced to use the wallet and add in $5 increments?

It's been a while since I've bought anything on PSN, can you make purchases for exact amounts, or are you forced to use the wallet and add in $5 increments?

You can do exact amounts as long as it's above $5.

You always need to add at least $5 because of credit card usage fees (on the supplier (Sony's) end).

Naked Lunch

Symphony of the Night for me - third time buying the game, heh (own the PS1 disc + 360). Need to own it digitally on the PS3 since the music is just too quiet on the 360.

Kriken

Grabbed SH1 and MGS1, two games where I've played future game(s) in the franchise, but never the original one

Anyone know if I can buy MGS1 with my US account and then download it on my Australian PS3 and still have it be 60Hz? I seem to remember a thread a few years ago where someone was getting 50Hz versions in the UK even though they bought PSX games with a US account.

Been thinking about either buying Peace Walker HD or just grabbing MGS Legacy for collection purposes...I already completed everything but Peace Walker and GZ. $9 vs $50 though...

I think I'll grab SotN and probably Peace Walker HD.

You can do exact amounts as long as it's above $5.

You always need to add at least $5 because of credit card usage fees (on the supplier (Sony's) end).

Aww, I'm just looking to get Silent Hill. But then Sony will have my 2 bucks hostage! Damn you Sony!
I bought it anyway.

Thanks for the answer. :p

A little off topic but 'm about to start silent hill 1for the first time. Anything I should know before going in? Heard there's multiple endings.

Setzer

Grabbing SotN for sure! Thinking about the MGS HD collection and Harmony of Despair.

Is HoD only enjoyable with multi-player?

Top Bottom