• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami sale on NA PSN Store (Lords of Shadow 2 - $20, Ground Zeroes $10/$15, more)

Week of Sept 30 - Oct 06

I'll list the actual games. More DLC and stuff at the link. Everything is an additional 10% off my listed prices with PS+ as well.

LINK

Deals:

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3) - $9.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) - $14.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3) - $19.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita) - $14.99
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD (PS3) - $9.99
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3) - $19.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD (PS3) - $7.50
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (PS3) - $7.50
New Little King's Story (Vita) - $9.99
Hard Corps: Uprising (PS3) - $???? (sale price not up yet)
Metal Gear Sold (PS Classic) - $4.99
Silent Hill (PS Classic) - $2.99
Suikoden (PS1 Classic) - $2.99
Various DLC is also discounted

More Konami Deals that aren't listed on the Konami sale page for some reason:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (PS3) - $9.99
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS Classic) - $4.99

So, how's Lords of Shadow 2? I enjoyed the first one but the mixed reviews on LoS2 turned me off from getting at full price. All, how's the DLC, as well? Does it run well on PS3?

Justified

Damn would have picked up Ground Zeros, if I wasnt getting Shadow of Mordor today. Been holding off because Im convinced its going to be packed into The Phantom Pain.

If you havent BUY SUIKODEN, need to generate interest so they well bring Suikoden 2 to PSN Hopefully make Suikoden 6)

Also how similar is Castlevania Harmony of Despair to Symphony of the Night?

bon

Any opinions on New Little King's Story? I loved the original but disliked the look of this one. $10 is pretty cheap though.

Chairhome

Damn would have picked up Ground Zeros, if I wasnt gettin Shadow of Mordor today. Been holding off because Im convinced its going to be packed into The Phantom Pain

I don't think it is. But I could be wrong. Kojima said if you had GZ, you would get a nice bonus in TPP.

I should finally get MGS so I don't have to track down the disc. I really had a fun time with Castlevania HD on the 360, it was a great podcast/zone out game.

Any opinions on New Little King's Story? I loved the original but disliked the look of this one. $10 is pretty cheap though.

Can't comment on the original Wii version versus this one. I can say that the framerate isn't so hot, especially when you've got a lot of followers on the screen, and the controls take a bit of getting used to (both touch and non-touch variants), but there's a good game underneath it all. I thought it was decent fun, but other reviews suggest it's missing a lot of the magic of the original due to some differences in framing (spoiler for people who haven't played the first game, or who don't want to know how the second game differs from the first:
there's no meta ending involving the player, it's a straightforward "save the kingdom" tale
) so my guess is if you're put off by the new art style, you probably won't like what they've done to the story either.

JayEH

Considering picking up the PS3 version of GZ even though I already have all trophies on PS4...and all achievements on 360... and Xbox one. Shut up, I know I'm a mad man.

Ground Zeros is a great price, but i havent played a MGS game since MGS2, its the only one i completed. should i?

I would pick up the Hd collection and MGS1 instead. You'll have no idea what you're doing especially if you haven't play 3 and Peace Walker.

Ground Zeros is a great price, but i havent played a MGS game since MGS2, its the only one i completed. should i?

This will be the best $50 you have ever spent.

And MGS4 is on PSNow (assuming you are in NA)

Flandy

I'd be all over MGS HD if it hadn't been like $10 a few months ago. I'm conflicted on weather or not I should wait for it to go to a lower price. I really need to play Peace Walker on of these days.

JayEH

This will be the best $50 you have ever spent.

And MGS4 is on PSNow (assuming you are in NA)

He wouldn't need this if he has the HD collection on PS3.

Astral

Ugh what awful timing. I can only afford to save up for The Evil Within right now. Hopefully this isn't the last time Ground Zeroes is on sale.

Any impressions of New Little King's Story? The Wii original looked pretty interesting back in the day.

As someone who loved the original game, I really hate what they did to the Vita version.

They just sucked nearly all of the charm right out of it. The cute art-style was swapped for an incredibly generic anime one (Im not saying anime is bad, this specific art-style is just generic), they changed all of the princesses into extremely pandering waifus (I mean, gosh, they even made one of them a vocaloid singer. Why.), and they changed a lot of the humour/writing to suit a very generic 'anime' template.

They also changed the more unique battles in the original game into pretty generic ones. Most of the cool boss gimmicks were just taken right out of the game.

It's not an outright bad game if it's your only option, but I'd highly recommend the Wii version instead.

Sir TapTap

Get Silent Hill. Disapointed SOTN isn't included (not that I don't already have it on PSN)

Damn would have picked up Ground Zeros, if I wasnt getting Shadow of Mordor today. Been holding off because Im convinced its going to be packed into The Phantom Pain.

If you havent BUY SUIKODEN, need to generate interest so they well bring Suikoden 2 to PSN Hopefully make Suikoden 6)

Also how similar is Castlevania Harmony of Despair to Symphony of the Night?

It's...not very IMO. Love SOTN. Couldn't get into "HD" at all. Not exactly a looker either, which is a damn shame. Everything's teeny and kinda ugly except for huge bosses. Gameplay was far from balanced. Seems designed for 4 players, I didn't find the online very enjoyable either though.

Top Bottom