• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Trademarks Harmony of Despair

stuminus3

A "Harmony of Despair" is what occurs when two people play an IGA-vania at the same time while sitting next to each other.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
EmCeeGramr said:
portrait of ruin is the best DS igavania

wrap it up ecclesiailures

If you can look over the awful art, the boring level design, the repeated rooms and enemies, the fact that the second half of the game is just the first half recolored (the game pallete swap itselfs dammit), and the fact that it's far too easy, and then we got the glitches that can force players to restart their game at the midway point(Death's room)...

I would say Dawn of Sorrow or Order are the two best DS games, maybe DoS edges out for the win.

Portrait is the worst of the three but still a great game.

beelzebozo said:
i'm surprised they haven't branched further into particular song styles. like, you know, "bolero of badness"

Mazurka of Dissenting Acrimony

Cadenza of Fractured Sarcophagi

Tremolo of Blasphemed Portcullis

(I could do this all day btw)

flammie

I thought portrait of ruin was pretty good. Charlotte's spells seem pretty redundant at first, but then I tried level 1 hard mode, and actually ended up using all of Charlotte's various spells to kill enemies that can one hit kill you and have attacks that out range Jonathan's whip.

"Today is a good day"

And when they announce that is the obligatory Castlevania Harmony of Despair for Wii/PS3/360 in 2D with handmade HD graphics then: :D

PS:
Let's face it... it will never happen :(

PS2:
The PS was just for luck purposes...

Struct09

Probably only related by name, but Harmony of Dissonance was my favorite of the GBA Castlevanias. Unpopular opinion I know, but damn I loved that game.

Aru

I started Order of Ecclesia last week. For what I've seen, I prefer Portrait of Ruin over OoE. Don't get me wrong, OoE is a good entry in the series, but I don't know... it's lacking that little thing that made Portrait of Ruin great.

Maybe it's because I only got the first ending (pretty bad... only 3 hours and a half after starting the game...)

Struct09 said:
Probably only related by name, but Harmony of Dissonance was my favorite of the GBA Castlevanias. Unpopular opinion I know, but damn I loved that game.

i liked it too and didn't have as much fun with the following game.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Aru said:
I started Order of Ecclesia last week. For what I've seen, I prefer Portrait of Ruin over OoE. Don't get me wrong, OoE is a good entry in the series, but I don't know... it's lacking that little thing that made Portrait of Ruin great.

Maybe it's because I only got the first ending (pretty bad... only 3 hours and a half after starting the game...)

You've missed half the game.
Dracula's castle is in there, and it's just as big as ever

ScHlAuChi

There cant be enough 2D Castligavaniaroids!
Day1!

And when IGA is done with this one, he should go and make a SOTN sequel together with Vanillaware for PS360 in HiRes 2D !!!!

Hey, i can dream right?

MomoPufflet said:
Mazurka of Dissenting Acrimony

Cadenza of Fractured Sarcophagi

Tremolo of Blasphemed Portcullis

(I could do this all day btw)

Falsetto of Falsehood

Please tell me I'm doing it right.

Big One

Banned
Holy fuck. I mean, I know they're reusing the sprites, but I suppose they're apologizing for Judgement with this. Well played.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How do those shots look real to people? I mean, I know, IGA sucks, but he wouldn't put out something THAT bad.

LaneDS

Y2Kev said:
How do those shots look real to people? I mean, I know, IGA sucks, but he wouldn't put out something THAT bad.

After what Konami released as a new downloadable Vandal Hearts title, I wouldn't be surprised to see an XBLA Castlevania game that looks that terrible.

That said, looking through the site (which nobody has heard of) I'm very hesitant to believe anything there.

"Halo: Reach to be the final Halo game!" - pretty good indicator of their level of spot-on game journalism.

Top Bottom