• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Trademarks Harmony of Despair

Cep

Banned
What the hell am I looking at and where the hell is my OoE sequel.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease TELL me!

Dascu

Kurtofan said:
Blackula?
The first leaked screenshots of Order of Ecclesia had some Japanese symbols on them, which the leaker translated by "Blackula". It was in fact "Brachyura", the name of that crab boss in the lighthouse level.

Anony

imagine sitting back on your couch playing that
1. everything will be small with a giant stage, imagine ds graphics with a huge viewing area
or
2. zoomed in pixels

do not want

i hope it's a ds game and those are fake

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Kurtofan said:
Blackula?
255qgw2.jpg

Kurtofan

Dascu said:
The first leaked screenshots of Order of Ecclesia had some Japanese symbols on them, which the leaker translated by "Blackula". It was in fact "Brachyura", the name of that crab boss in the lighthouse level.
Ah ok thanks.
I thought I missed something in the game :lol

Chemo

HahahahahahahAHAHAHAhahahah. I can't wait to hear the IGA apologists defending this when we get more info/screens... or even saying things like "It's better than Symphony of the Night." :lol

I can't stop laughing. This is your beloved IGA, GAF. Keep on sticking up for this hack and his shitware.

Instro

grandjedi6 said:

2z7elub.jpg

Had to do it :lol

Chemo said:
HahahahahahahAHAHAHAhahahah. I can't wait to hear the IGA apologists defending this when we get more info/screens... or even saying things like "It's better than Symphony of the Night." :lol

I can't stop laughing. This is your beloved IGA, GAF. Keep on sticking up for this hack and his shitware.

Um I dont really care, but we dont know if he has anything to do with this at all soo..?

Ridley327

Chemo said:

I could be mistaken, but the impression that I've been getting from 90% of the comments that have been made in reaction to this leak is that no one likes this at all. You're the one with the big eyeballs, though, so you might be seeing something that I'm not.

Chemo said:

I'm no fan of IGA, but it's not his fault if Konami gave him a budget of $500 and a development cycle of just a few months, which certainly looks to be the case.

Wizpig

Ok so Capcom Konami is removing the pics from the web.

... does this confirm this is true? that this is the new Harmony game?

Ridley327

I don't think anyone would really have the time or effort to fabricate something like this (especially for a concept so dumb), so there's no reason to dispute its validity.

Chemo said:

You're usually better than this.

Giard

Noooo....
I love Metroidvanias...but this looks kinda shitty by the screenshots. :(

The concept is good, but damn they need a better approach at it than this.

sphinx

the piano man
there a single player campaign at least.

Could it be that this report only unveiled the multiplayer aspect of the game and that the real (or single player) game is yet to be unveiled?

anyway, Harmony of Despair is the worst title they could have chosen so in some way I am happy this isn't the 3DS game.

Here's my philosophy on Castlevania. The more Castlevania in my life, the better. Good or bad. Doesn't make a difference. I'm a whore. Give me more.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
What the fuck is this shit?

We clamor for 2.5D 1080p hand-drawn sprites for XBLA/PSN Castlevania and this...thing is what they give us?

Princess Skittles said:
Sure.

Name one that looks as good or better than Odin Sphere or Muramasa, which are both SD.

Neither of those, or GrimGrimoire, use what could be called pixel art though, the art could be drawn at any resolution without extra effort. Edit: same applies for some of the multi-section bosses in CV games.

If they'd decided to actually draw ANY new art, they might have gone for a style like those games.

Ridley327

bone_and_sinew said:
What the fuck is this shit?

We clamor for 2.5D 1080p hand-drawn sprites for XBLA/PSN Castlevania and this...thing is what they give us?

You would have to be taking crazy pills if you were honestly expecting Konami to pump serious money into a game that has nothing to do with Hideo Kojima.

Chemo

Ridley327 said:
I could be mistaken, but the impression that I've been getting from 90% of the comments that have been made in reaction to this leak is that no one likes this at all. You're the one with the big eyeballs, though, so you might be seeing something that I'm not.
Just wait until it comes out.

ShockingAlberto said:
You're usually better than this.
And the responses to my vehement distaste for IGA's terrible games are always 'lol no, IGAvanias rule!'

I've run out of reasons and bullet lists about how terrible and unforgivable his 'work' is... any reiteration of my previous posts on the matter would simply be retreads. At this point all I can really do is laugh at it, and wait for people to jump on the Harmony of Despair Defense Force, and then hang my head in disbelief.

Though I'd really like to take this opportunity to appeal to the more sensible GAF posters and beg them not to support this shit, or any other lazy trash CV copy/paste job in the future.

Ridley327 said:
You would have to be taking crazy pills if you were honestly expecting Konami to pump serious money into a game that has nothing to do with Hideo Kojima.

Hiring even one full time artist would be serious money?

Does Igarashi get no budget because everybody hates him? Or does everybody hate him because he gets no budget? It might be a mixture of the two.

Ridley327

Graphics Horse said:

Konami has made it abundantly clear this generation that they open their coffers only if Kojima has anything to do with the project, no matter how limited his role actually turns out to be. Everyone else is scrounging for couch change.

Witness the tragic fall of PES for proof of this.

Graphics Horse said:

Does Igarashi get no budget because everybody hates him? Or does everybody hate him because he gets no budget? It might be a mixture of the two.
It's entirely possible Konami wants to marginalize or drive Iga out.

Giving him an almost budget-less project might be part of that.

Celine

So finally Konami managers let IGA do an HD Castlevania
under the condition to use half the budget of a DS entry.

radracerx

I wouldn't be surprised that IF this is real, they are just using placeholder assets right now so they can get the designers on making the levels, then they'll slowly start implementing the new art throughout time. I'm assuming this isn't super close to coming out, so they would have plenty of time to insert the updated art.

Either that or it's just sprites.

OnPoint

Barakov said:
Nope. Given how this leak is similar to the OoE leak, it's probably legit.

Man...

... seriously? This is seriously what they're giving people?

It better be a mind-blowing concept.

why are all these joke posters repeating the same joke post about this not being real because they wouldn't reuse assets? how long did it take them to retire the morrigan sprite? i wouldn't be surprised if it's in this game too..

Top Bottom