• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami's clarification about Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Ajax

Banned
meltpotato said:
dude im STILL mocking you.

-You are wrong about FIFA
-You are wrong about Konami being mad

Konami is pissed (a) that they ****ed up and wont have PES at launch (b) that they are seeing strain on their Sony relationship because it LOOKS bad

MS took advantage of the circumstance and that no doubt has then in a bad spot. does anyone seriously think Konami wants to look like they are ****ing over Sony?

:lol WTH are you talking about? Still trying to defend MS's bullshit PR? For god's sake!

The PS3 version could ship as early as next spring, he admitted, though no timeframe has been set yet.

So Konami could go against there usual October cycle in order to get a PES game out asap. If that happens you just know it's Sony bending their arm.

I remember when Xbox users had to wait a year for PES game and it was no fun.

Ajax said:
:lol WTH are you talking about? Still trying to defend MS's bullshit PR? For god's sake!

how am i defending? they capitalized on a stumble and a really big opening.. they went overboard. konami's face is red, sony's face is read, ms's face is fading to red. its a total cluster ****.

all you are gonna find is me asking for clarification of whether PES was confirmed exclusive... which never happened. Christ, i wish the game was coming out for everyone and even made the argument for it earlier. pull your head out of your ass

Ajax

Banned
meltpotato said:
how am i defending? they capitalized on a stumble and a really big opening.. they went overboard. konami's face is red, sony's face is read, ms's face is fading to red. its a total cluster ****.

all you are gonna find is me asking for clarification of whether PES was confirmed exclusive... which never happened. Christ, i wish the game was coming out for everyone and even made the argument for it earlier. pull your head out of your ass

Which is what I was saying all along. MS and their bullshit PR has made people angry. I sense a lot of backpedaling in your post.

Cosmozone

Ryck said:
But seriosuly god MS just wow....they totally owned themselves bad...
I wouldn't say that. They probably assumed they'd get away with it, and up to now they still did. There's no outrage or anything like that aside from this little thread here.

Cosmozone said:
I wouldn't say that. They probably assumed they'd get away with it, and up to now they still did. There's no outrage or anything like that aside from this little thread here.

Are you insane? They got away with it for like 2 days and the only folks who heard about it in those 2 days were hardcore fans. It was an out and out lie, on par with what Sony did at E3 2005 (IMO, only it's only one lie vs a mountain of them). Wait for the writeup in the magazines and online sites in a few days. Unless they give Microsoft a pass on it.

I wonder what Gamesindustry.biz will have to say about it after thier article?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
sonycowboy said:
I wonder what Gamesindustry.biz will have to say about it after thier article?

They will say that MS ****ed up but PES6 wont be coming to PS3 in less than 10 months anyway so it's all good.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
The interview where this is brought up to MS is going to be pretty funny.

This, and Kaz Hirai "misunderstood" comment about PS3 hardware shipments make you wonder about the drugs circlulating over there.

Spinning Plates said:
So Konami could go against there usual October cycle in order to get a PES game out asap. If that happens you just know it's Sony bending their arm.

Doesn't Winning Eleven usually debute in Japan during the Spring? Would make sense that the PS3 version would too, at least in Japan. Or perhaps they're going with a universal SKU with Blu-Ray...

Cosmozone

sonycowboy said:
Are you insane?
Well, I only see a couple of annoyed people. I'm used to BS like that such as Kutaragi's "I can produce PS3 anytime" and now this and had the impression that after some hubbub first, everybody cools down real quickly. I mean if BS PR didn't work, the companies wouldn't do it. But I must admit that I never followed press coverage on publicity stunts that well and I'll take your word there.

LevelNth

Banned
Hey, that MS guy stated 1.3m for Europe. That's actually pretty good (for what many thought), isn't it? Or is that shipped?

Gherkin

Banned
Konami's clarification about Pro Evolution Soccer 6
2006-08-25

Some web sites have the report (or an expression which is possible to mislead) that Konami's soccer game "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" will be an exclusive title for Xbox 360, but such a fact doesn't exist.

We are developing "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" for multiple platforms to be played by many fans.

Why is this thread still going on?

In case this hasnt been pointed out.

Gamers thought X360 was the SOLE platform for this title.

Many emails came in asking about this.

Konami clarified that X360 isnt the only platform for it.

Not seeing anything PS3 related.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Doesn't Winning Eleven usually debute in Japan during the Spring? Would make sense that the PS3 version would too, at least in Japan. Or perhaps they're going with a universal SKU with Blu-Ray...

I'm talking about the European cycle in October.

So in other words Sony will pressure Konami to stop all their focus on PES 7 so they can push a PES 6.5 out for the PS3 in Europe in the Spring. So there will be more than one PES games released for the PS3 in 2007.

I'm sure Konami would just like to get their heads down and focus on PES 7 so it would suck if they have to port a PS3 version.

Gherkin

Banned
LevelNth said:
Hey, that MS guy stated 1.3m for Europe. That's actually pretty good (for what many thought), isn't it? Or is that shipped?

Shippped since June according to the conference.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
holy ****ing shit at this thread

Ryck, Ajax...settle down.

I'm coming back to this later on tonight, with a fine wine in one hand and my mouse in the other. While Annie Lennox plays in the background. Only way to appreciate a classic thread such as this one.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
bishoptl said:
holy ****ing shit at this thread

Ryck, Ajax...settle down.

I'm coming back to this later on tonight, with a fine wine in one hand and my mouse in the other. While Annie Lennox plays in the background. Only way to appreciate a classic thread such as this one.

Beat you to it. I am sipping a bourbon and continuing to smile at this thread.

Angelcurio

Another Konami official Response. Looks like Microsoft announcement somewhat affected their relationship with Sony:

LGC 2006: Konami Calls Foul on Microsoft
Winning Eleven is not exclusive to Xbox 360.
by Sam Kennedy, 08/25/2006

1 of 1 users recommend this story.
At its press conference earlier this week, Microsoft made the announcement that Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer (known as winning Eleven to us) and EA's FIFA Soccer would both see a year's exclusivity on the Xbox 360, making its next-gen console "the platform" for soccer fans. This was seemingly a huge win for Microsoft, considering how popular Soccer is in the European and Asian territories.
Now, however, we're starting to hear a different story. Speaking with Winning Eleven producer/creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka earlier today, we learned that Microsoft made claims that were untrue. "The presentation was misleading," he told us. "We never said exclusive for one year on the next-gen platforms. We said this year. We were agreed that it was this year."

According to Takatsuka, Microsoft's claims have caused some issues for Konami (with Sony, no doubt), and he definitely wants to set the record straight. Winning Eleven is exclusive to the 360 for this year, but it's likely a case of necessesity (the PS3 game, which he confirmed is being worked on, isn't far enough along in development) rather than some major exclusivity deal with Microsoft. The PS3 version could ship as early as next spring, he admitted, though no timeframe has been set yet. The only thing certain is that it will absolutely not release before January 1, 2007.

http://www.1up.com/media?id=3004482
(Takatsuka sets the record straight)

Interestingly, although EA has no official comment on the matter yet, sources indicate that FIFA may not have a year's exclusivity window for next-gen platforms either.

At least this time Peter Moore didnt put a Tatoo on his arm.

arne

People need to get stuff sorted out.

http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_8559/nl/newsDisp.htm

“We’re very pleased to be bringing the next-generation edition of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 exclusively to Xbox 360 until late summer 2007. The power of Xbox 360 takes our critically-acclaimed franchise to new heights of realism, playability, and fun. We know true football fans will enjoy the new experiences that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on Xbox 360 will offer.”

Hans-Joachim Amann, Head of European Product Management at Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH

sangreal

:lol This is getting to be pretty fun, watching the way people react as the announcement switches back and forth in and out of their favor

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
sangreal said:
:lol This is getting to be pretty fun, watching the way people react as the announcement switches back and forth in and out of their favor

Yep, well, if your one of the people that didn't take place in the original PES/FIFA thread (which I didn't :lol).

What happens next? Stay tuned!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
sangreal said:

And Konami is stuck in the middle like a girl being fought over by two boys. And Nintendo is winking as it jogs by. The question is, "Did she even see Nintendo?"

arne

DenogginizerOS said:
And Konami is stuck in the middle like a girl being fought over by two boys. And Nintendo is winking as it jogs by. The question is, "Did she even see Nintendo?"

... he was playing with his Wii

Ryck

DenogginizerOS said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol *bows*

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I think this is a joke schemed up by MS, Sony and Konami on GAF. Ashton Kutcher is hiding behind the User Control Panel.

Ajax

Banned
arne said:

7b91d529a1ee5e03bdb919cb9b51c0-1.gif

999b11b9a2788d671d1c8cc133784b.gif

86620829-1.gif

BlueTsunami said:
I think this is a joke schemed up by MS, Sony and Konami on GAF. Ashton Kutcher is hiding behind the User Control Panel.

I think Microsoft got the German EA & Konami guys drunk and came up with the deal on Tuesday night.

It's really a crazy story.

DenogginizerOS said:
yeah it's like that:

Konami is the hot girl
konamirm9.jpg

attention whore, can't have a consistent relationship

Microsoft is the geeky school president
gatestf9.jpg

dreams of world domination and has a fetish for guns and elven women

Sony is the high school football player
sonymj6.jpg

he is a very popular ladies man, but acts very strange sometimes

Nintendo is the fat guy with low self-esteem
nintendour2.jpg

he's a sensitive and gifted person, but likes to hang around children for some reason

-> Sony and Konami have planned to go to prom together, but then the sneaky Microsoft blackmails Konami into going with him. Sony finds out and confronts Konami, they have fight and Sony wants to crush Microsoft, but then Konami calms him down and promises to **** his brains out after prom.
Meanwhile Nintendo is in fat camp to lose some weight and gain some self-esteem.

Don't You Forget About Me
Don't Don't Don't Don't
Don't You Forget About Me

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
“We’re very pleased to be bringing the next-generation edition of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 exclusively to Xbox 360 until late summer 2007. The power of Xbox 360 takes our critically-acclaimed franchise to new heights of realism, playability, and fun. We know true football fans will enjoy the new experiences that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on Xbox 360 will offer.”

Hans-Joachim Amann, Head of European Product Management at Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH

If anything..
Konami should set their reps straight... this war the wording from a konami rep...

Orlics

This whole sequence of events actually resembles a football match, with MS scoring first, then Sony dealing the equalizer, MS scoring again, etc...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
what does microsoft actually get out of a stunt like this? reminds me of those five minutes during e3 when everyone thought gta4 was 360 exclusive.

drohne said:
what does microsoft actually get out of a stunt like this? reminds me of those five minutes during e3 when everyone thought gta4 was 360 exclusive.

That is all they need....announce a total bullshit lie and people who hear it will spread the lie like wildfire....but the clarification may not.
What I cannot believe is that neither time (to my knowledge) was it Microsoft the ones who clarified that statement, either about GTA4 or this latests debacle...it seems to be up to the developer in both cases.

Shinobi

These threads are ****ing pathetic...nothing but spin and counterspin by dipshits for something that apparantely doesn't matter to most of 'em anyway. :lol ****ing fanboys...

Aisenherz

Banned
So finally: MS has no idea what they're talking about.

At the end:
Konami Calls Foul on Microsoft
Winning Eleven is not exclusive to Xbox 360.

At its press conference earlier this week, Microsoft made the announcement that Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer (known as Winning Eleven to us) and EA's FIFA Soccer would both see a year's exclusivity on the Xbox 360, making its next-gen console "the platform" for soccer fans. This was seemingly a huge win for Microsoft, considering how popular Soccer is in the European and Asian territories.
Now, however, we're starting to hear a different story. Speaking with Winning Eleven producer/creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka earlier today, we learned that Microsoft made claims that were untrue. "The presentation was misleading," he told us. "We never said exclusive for one year on the next-gen platforms. We said this year. We were agreed that it was this year."

According to Takatsuka, Microsoft's claims have caused some issues for Konami (with Sony, no doubt), and he definitely wants to set the record straight. Winning Eleven is exclusive to the 360 for this year, but it's likely a case of necessesity (the PS3 game, which he confirmed is being worked on, isn't far enough along in development) rather than some major exclusivity deal with Microsoft. The PS3 version could ship as early as next spring, he admitted, though no timeframe has been set yet. The only thing certain is that it will absolutely not release before January 1, 2007.

Interestingly, although EA has no official comment on this yet, sources indicate that FIFA may not have a year's exclusivity window for next-gen platforms either.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153167

Next-Gen Soccer NOT Xbox360 exclusive

Microsoft announced at their GC 2006 Press Conference that the Xbox 360 would be the only place to play next generation soccer games for the next 12 months. Apparently, this has made both Xbox 360 soccer game developers - Konami and EA - not too thrilled.

We've heard from both companies, and from what we've been told, this is not the case. Today during our interview with Winning Eleven's Senior Producer Shingo "Seabass" Takasuka Konami's Senior Manager made it clear that Konami's deal with Microsoft was until the end of calendar year 2006, not the reported 12 months that Microsoft touted.

EA has also told Game Informer that their announcement is also not true in the case with FIFA games.

So basically each company is planning to release either a PS3 or Wii footie title before this supposed 12 month time period ends. It's not shocking Microsoft would want to make such an announcement in Germany, as soccer in Europe is the country's most popular sport. But it looks like Microsoft jumped the gun as both publishers are denying that this will hold up.
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200608/N06.0825.1617.33813.htm

GAF: ROFL!!1111

Top Bottom