• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami's clarification about Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Angelcurio

Konami's clarification about Pro Evolution Soccer 6
2006-08-25

Some web sites have the report (or an expression which is possible to mislead) that Konami's soccer game "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" will be an exclusive title for Xbox 360, but such a fact doesn't exist.

We are developing "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" for multiple platforms to be played by many fans.

http://www.konami.jp/topics/2006/0825pes/

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Speevy said:
That doesn't clarify anything at all.

Seriously. Why did they even bother with that web page?

This really is turning in to a comedy of errors.

Mmmkay

Err, it's just them saying that the deal is not "all gen" exclusive for 360, but "next gen" exclusive for 360.

Mau ®

Well its not an exclusive per se. Just next gen exclusive.

Who cares, the PS2 version will still outsell the 360 edition. Most fans will switch to PS3 version in 2007/2008

DarienA

Mmmkay said:
Err, it's just them saying that the deal is not "all gen" exclusive for 360, but "next gen" exclusive for 360.

In plain English that's what it SHOULD say... but it doesn't even actually say that.

Nvidia

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Maybe the rumor their talking is the one that stated that PES6 was to be Xbox360 Exclusive...FOREVER!
moore_tattoo.jpg

moore.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
This gen, moneyhats will only buy you a little smoke and mirrors about who's getting which games, not actual exclusives.

DarienA

Mmmkay said:
English eh? Did you click the link by any chance? ;)

Sorry I was using "english" more in the phrase "plain english". What I mean to say was that the page should have been written much more clearer and specific.... i.e. people think the next PES is only on the X360, it's not, it's going to this system, this system and specify the systems.

The page as it stands is pretty much useless.

Congrats Konami, you've given us no new information. Seeing as we already had info of the DS one....

No sites claimed total exclusive, just next gen exclusive like we have been told.

Mmmkay

DarienA said:
Sorry I was using "english" more in the phrase "plain english". What I mean to say was that the page should have been written much more clearer and specific.... i.e. people think the next PES is only on the X360, it's not, it's going to this system, this system and specify the systems.

The page as it stands is pretty much useless.
Ah okay I see, and yes I agree.

Ajax

Banned
I see MS's bullshit PR is starting to annoy the developers to the poiunt they want to clarify. Just like EA.

Ajax

Banned
meltpotato said:
:lol Ajax football meltdown confirmed!

Yeah I know we've learned a new word last week and it's meltdown. Congrats on repeating it. It's so hip. And I'm not the one releasing an announcencement just for this. They're obviously irritated by this otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Ajax said:
Yeah I know we've learned a new word last week and it's meltdown. And I'm not the one releasing an anouncencement just for this. They're obviously irritated by this otherwise they wouldn't do it.

feature23d.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ajax said:
Yeah I know we've learned a new word last week and it's meltdown. Congrats on repeating it. It's so hip. And I'm not the one releasing an announcencement just for this. They're obviously irritated by this otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Oh god, I'm crying now! :lol

adelante

Second said:
MS made a mess with their PR.

Konami is fixing it. :p
Fixing it? haha could it be that they tot the whole debacle behind this exclusivity issue was not restricted to next-gen systems (making 360 the ONLY place to have your soccer fix) so what they're tryin to do now is tell us its available for systems such as PS2...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Google said:
So whats happened?

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is available on both PS2 and 360?

Whats the big deal?
Essentially. MS are just throwing around twists and lies in their PR as per usual to try and garner some attempt at steam (I'm guessing?) for people to go buy their machine. Personally, if Konami of Europe do not touch PES6 too much like they have in the past.. then it will be the best PES yet. WE10 drills everything by far and it's on PS2.. the only thing that they can substitute over on a higher-end machine is making the crowd animate better or something stupid akin to that. They'd have to be idiotic not to make a port of PES6 on it.

Google

speedpop said:
Essentially. MS are just throwing around twists and lies in their PR as per usual to try and garner some attempt at steam (I'm guessing?) for people to go buy their machine. Personally, if Konami of Europe do not touch PES6 too much like they have in the past.. then it will be the best PES yet. WE10 drills everything by far and it's on PS2.. the only thing that they can substitute over on a higher-end machine is making the crowd animate better or something stupid akin to that.

Im not that big of a fan of WE10 for some reason...

Its not that I dislike the game, its just that I've never had as much fun as I did with WE 7.

Call me old fashioned, but I would love to see a considerable update to the series...

Also, are they going to be bringing back full 360 degree movement? That would be awesome!

Ryck

They didn't clarify anything....wtf

All I get is that it's not exclusive... but we knew it was still being made for ps2 and pc.

Did some media outlets report it as exclusive period. ( Ie not NEXT GEN exclusive)

skybaby

What does "We are developing "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" for multiple platforms to be played by many fans" mean?
Multiple might still not mean ps3/wii for what it's worth...

Dunpeal

Banned
yamaneko said:
:lol

X360 FANS, crying on the keyboard...

I don't wanna sound like i'm defending something or anything, but give me a break. All it say's is that its releasing in multiple consoles, not just 360, wich we already knew. Ps2/Psp/Xbox(?)/Xbox 360.

For christ sakes. Read.

Ryck

yamaneko said:
:lol

X360 FANS, crying on the keyboard...
I don't see anyone crying?

Do you even understand what is going on?

And whats with all the junior trolls showing up lately.. this is getting out of hand.

Ryck said:
I don't see anyone crying?

Do you even understand what is going on?

And whats with all the junior trolls showing up lately.. this is getting out of hand.

You've got kids coming in from systemwars.com (wtf?) and gamefaqs FFS. None of them last much, though it is annoying to wade through their filth for the time they are here.

They only repeat that PES6 is for:

PS2
PSP
NDS
PC
X360

Thank EA that they didn't list Fifa 07 platforms...because it would be something like (PS2,PSP,XBOX,XBOX 360,GC,NDS,GBA,PC....)

DarienA

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
They only repeat that PES6 is for:

PS2
PSP
NDS
PC
X360

Thank EA that they didn't list Fifa 07 platforms...because it would be something like (PS2,PSP,XBOX,XBOX 360,GC,NDS,GBA,PC....)

The website doesn't even name consoles.

Top Bottom