• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Korns new album: “The Nothing”

Insane Metal

Mar 11, 2006
Br
I haven't listened to it yet, just one or two tracks and didn't really enjoy it.

They're one of my favorites, anyway. I'll listen to it carefully when I have some time.

Reactions: lock2k

Sycomunkee

Jan 21, 2019
So far, what I’ve listened to was good. But I feel it’s a far cry form their Debut album as well as Live is Peachy. I also really liked Take a Look in the Mirror. This album has some good tunes on it for sure though.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
Thanks for the heads-up, Shelbutt Shelbutt ! 🤗

I've been a huge Korn fan since around 1994 just after graduating high school. I was dealing with a lot of pain and self-hatred, and much of Jonathan Davis' lyrics and emotional outpouring really hit home with me.

I've pretty much loved every album, and this one was great as well...only it was over far too soon. Still, the pain Jonathan shows he has been going through after the loss of his wife is intense and heartbreaking to me. 💔

Last edited:

Insane Metal

Mar 11, 2006
Br
I've given it a try and nope... I definetely don't like it. There are only two interesting songs. The rest are garbage imo.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2013
Omaha, NE - USA
I don’t know about beating their past hits, tracks like Word Up, Somebody, Someone, and Blind are amazing. I use to listen to them quite a lot over a decade ago. Their stuff really helped with my depression in high school. Life is Peachy was the first album I owned with the Parental Advisory sticker on the front. I always thought “Daddy” was the type of KoRn they would do once and never do again because it dealt with some very serious issues. I’m curious to see if they went back to those roots?

Reactions: Ailynn

Sycomunkee

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for the heads-up, Shelbutt Shelbutt ! 🤗

I've been a huge Korn fan since around 1994 just after graduating high school. I was dealing with a lot of pain and self-hatred, and much of Jonathan Davis' lyrics and emotional outpouring really hit home with me.

I've pretty much loved every album, and this was one great as well...only it was over far too soon. Still, the pain Jonathan shows he has been going through after the loss of his wife is intense and heartbreaking to me. 💔
I just looked this up, I had no idea this happened. The guy can’t seem to catch a break.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Ailynn

Shelbutt

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2019
North Carolina
Unpopular opinion: I really liked that one album where they started to mix electro and dubstep into their songs. Unfortunately, it was universally hated, so they went back to their old rock/metal style.
I fuckign love what they did in that album too! I think they went well together and I hate that the "Hardcore don'tyoudarechangeanything" fans ruined their fun

Ixion

Sep 18, 2010
Listened to this a few days ago. Solid shit. Nothing groundbreaking, but definitely one of Korn's better albums in the past two decades.

Unpopular opinion: I really liked that one album where they started to mix electro and dubstep into their songs. Unfortunately, it was universally hated, so they went back to their old rock/metal style.
My opinion on that album is that they nailed a few songs really well, with Narcisstic Cannibal being one of my favorite Korn songs, but a good chunk of the album felt less inspired.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Ailynn and lock2k