• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) appearing in Project Treasure for Wii U?

Spotted in the other thread, thought it was new thread worthy:

B7VLHgsCIAAmqgz.png

KOS-MOSWall2.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not her first console appearance officially since Xenosaga Ep 3 and Namco X Capcom? This also makes it her debut in HD.

Can't help but wonder if Monolith is involved, hell when HAVEN'T they been involved with an appearance of her's?

Costumes like in Tales of Vesperia don't count naturally.

SerTapTap

Oh, shit. I guess I'll download this F2P travesty then. Hopefully it doesn't suck...as much as I'm assuming. Love me some KOS MOS.

At first I thought you were totally crazy, but I do actually see what you mean. Somehow I doubt that they'd make one of four characters be someone from another company's IP, but who knows, I guess itd be cool.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
At first I thought you were totally crazy, but I do actually see what you mean. Somehow I doubt that they'd make one of four characters be someone from another company's IP, but who knows, I guess itd be cool.

monolithsoft is responsible for this company's IP so its not some weird stretch.

Effect

Bandai Namco own the Xenosaga IP though. They kept it when Nintendo bought Monolith Soft from them. So they could use the character again.

Am I the only one who sees this as a potential first step to something bigger on Wii U? Especially IF Monolith are along for the ride here, making it THE first time Monolith has worked with Bandai Namco on a console project since the buyout, every other team up was for DS and Project X Zone for 3DS.

Dambrosi

Banned
KOS-MOS is in it?! Bough--oh, wait, it's F2P, nevermind. Downloaded!

That's awesome, still would like to know the gameplay and how free to play is handled on it.
It's Namco Bandai. Look to Tekken Revolution and that Ace Combat F2P game they put out on PS3 last year for a taste of how they "do F2P".

DizzyCrow

So they're all Namco characters or is just her? At least the black dude won't be hard to identify, how many black bearded characters with a green thing on the neck are there?

anaron

When I saw this trailer and saw it was bandai namco I was hoping it was something XS related

yay for potential confirmation (even if it's just a project x zone situation)

llehuty

Hmm, it would actually make sense if the characters end up being from other games. It's probably the only reason why they would cover the faces of the characters of a new game.

Effect

So they're all Namco characters or is just her? At least the black dude won't be hard to identify, how many black bearded characters with a green thing on the neck are there?

Why wouldn't they all be Namco characters (new or old)? It's their game.

Bandai Namco own the Xenosaga IP though. They kept it when Nintendo bought Monolith Soft from them. So they could use the character again.

Well XS is owned by Bandai Namco who are behind the game.

monolithsoft is responsible for this company's IP so its not some weird stretch.
I guess its possible, but it seemed to me like it was going to be a L4D situation, where there were four set characters for the whole game. Unless the other characters are also cameos, itd be like if L4D had Zoey, Louis, Bill, and Gordon Freeman.

Piccoro

Cool find.
When I first saw this in the Direct, I thought that those were Rise of Incarnates characters, but nah.

Top Bottom