• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku.AU: Sesame Street Fighter Is Today's Best Time Waster

Tripon

Y6mBNpA.png

What’s amazing is that the game is actually a functional tool for learning. The fighting plays out like Typing of the Dead: to attack, simply type out the word presented above your character. The difficulty of the words depends on the character you choose. If you go for E.Honda Cookie Monster, you’ll be typing about animals. Pick Elmo, however, and you’ll be frantically mashing out the names of German scientists.

http://flavourmachine.com/sesamefighter/

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/08/seasame-street-fighter-is-todays-best-time-waster/

eox87Db.png

Yap8wmP.png

H1uk0PQ.png

XZ8Ppn5.png

NwllMAs.png

GxqpeJU.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Elmo embracing the darkness

Wild Card

There was the HTCesports muppet thing the other day... Now there's Sesame street Street Fighter?!

Was esports really just a cover for these soulless, clothed fiends to snake their way in?! We have been so blind, and now we have no idea how far their stringy tendrils reach...

We live in dangerous times.

oh shit I beat him. Still can't even pick him when you win w/ one character. rip. Honestly think the game is impossible w/ cookie or grover

DoSsJ7j.png

border

I got bored with it pretty quick. Characters seem to have a pretty limited word pool, and having that music on loop constantly without any other sound effects makes it feel kinda cheap and shoddy.

Tripon

I got bored with it pretty quick. Characters seem to have a pretty limited word pool, and having that music on loop constantly without any other sound effects makes it feel kinda cheap and shoddy.
Look man, as long as you give it a higher score than No Man Sky, we cool. Kappa.

Gren

Haha, thanks for sharing. I was thinking "other than the sprites, this doesn't have much to do with SF."

Then Oscar-Blanka locked me down so I couldn't type while he typed out his word (like a combo).

EDIT:
seems impossible to beat elmo with how the game works tbh
I beat him with Bert-Ryu (C.Honda didn't do enough damage with his words). Doesn't unlock Elmo, just got a star over Bert.

D'oh, noticed your second post. Preaching to the choir.

There is an easy way to body this game, I posted the strat way back when FGW was a thing, if you want to know and spoil the fun. Bison's ass is yours if you do this.

You just mash the first two letters of the world. Your character will still attack and stunlock the opponent while it keeps resetting itself.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kermit better be the hidden Akuma of this game

Top Bottom