• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Meet The Head Transplant Doctor at The Centre of a MGS Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starviper

So is there anything new on this? Is the doctor suing? Could this be why Kojima's name has been removed from all of Konami's products???? :O

DarkKyo

So is there anything new on this? Is the doctor suing? Could this be why Kojima's name has been removed from all of Konami's products???? :O

He just recently threatened to sue, so unless Konami has the power to go back in time and retroactively fire Kojima for a future lawsuit....

ilium

There will be an interview about the matter with him on italian television today.

Expect a Kojima cameo appearance.

ilium

Wasn't it tomorrow because he didn't even know which channel it is airing on?

i thought it's today, could be wrong tho.

This is getting way out of hand.

2410549-bigboss.jpg

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
This is getting way out of hand.

Somewhat this.

I was one of the guys in the original thread perpetuating the "theory", but mainly because I found it hilarious how many coincidences there are and assumed some sanity in the people reading that thread. But now everything has spiraled out of control!

Should've seen this coming when the poor would-be head-transplantee followed the fake Canavero Twitter account some other Gaffer made.

DarkKyo

I think at the very least there's a connection and at the most a full-blown master plan by Kojima, and it's going to be hilarious seeing all the "no-fun-allowed" conspiracy deniers try to save face after being so sure there's nothing but pure coincidence here.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
i dont even know what this means. looks like click bait to capitalise on the idiots i.e. nothing new

My thought as well. The guy wants followers.

Wonder how big of a deal was the fake Twitter account in legal sense

I think parody accounts like @KazHiraiCEO are ok, as long as they are obvious as such. Twitter added verified accounts for a reason.

That's it. I quit metal gear.

I think at the very least there's a connection and at the most a full-blown master plan by Kojima, and it's going to be hilarious seeing all the "no-fun-allowed" conspiracy deniers try to save face after being so sure there's nothing but pure coincidence here.

Sounds awfully similar to what the truthers in the teamcg thread were saying.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Quoting this for posterity.

DarkKyo

That's it. I quit metal gear.
Sounds awfully similar to what the truthers in the teamcg thread were saying.

I'm honestly not one to buy into conspiracy theories but I think there's just enough here. Between all the subtle head-related tweets from Kojima/Konami, the big chill retweet, similar logos and motifs, and all the connections between the game and real life... How many things can you chalk up to simple coincidence before it becomes more than coincidence?

It's gone back to the "fun" thing again. I'm sure being certifiably insane is fun in a way but I want no part of it.

I didn't mean to frame it like that. I more so meant that the deniers seem to have no sense of wonder left; that this kind of thing is possible. Keep in mind I still think it's all super shady and weird, but possible.

Guys, everyone entertaining the possibility of this being a friggin MGS marketing stunt is just doing so for a laugh.

...right?

If not, I'll have to re-evaluate my stance on videogames being potentially detrimental to one's ability to perceive reality.

Right now, everyone is saying that because otherwise they would look stupid.

Look back at the original thread. People saying "It's just a coincidence" had others arguing with them that this has to be more than a coincidence.

DarkKyo

Yeah. The fan base has taken a rather.....'drastic' turn in the last five years. I'm out after TPP.

Give me a break. I'm barely an MGS fan so I hope you're not referring to me. You should like the games for their own worth. If you judge a franchise based on its fan base you're being kind of petty...

I'm honestly not one to buy into conspiracy theories but I think there's just enough here. Between all the subtle head-related tweets from Kojima/Konami, the big chill retweet, similar logos and motifs, and all the connections between the game and real life... How many things can you chalk up to simple coincidence before it becomes more than coincidence?

It's possible that he picked up on this theory and is just teasing people. And as HL3 speculation has showed us, people will find coincidences anywhere if they want to. I don't mind people having fun with this theory but I don't understand actually believing it. It would be a really tasteless and pointless way to promote the game. Kojima isn't as much of a manipulator and troll as some people seem to believe.

RK9039

Yeah. The fan base has taken a rather.....'drastic' turn in the last five years. I'm out after TPP.

The MGS fan base has always been crazy, mostly since MGS2, I don't see any drastic changes.

Kojima isn't as much of a manipulator and troll as some people seem to believe.

He's a master troll. King Kong ain't got shit on him. You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when Kojima gets finished with you.

DarkKyo

It's possible that he picked up on this theory and is just teasing people. And as HL3 speculation has showed us, people will find coincidences anywhere if they want to. I don't mind people having fun with this theory but I don't understand actually believing it. It would be a really tasteless and pointless way to promote the game. Kojima isn't as much of a manipulator and troll as some people seem to believe.
I disagree with both of these points :/

I don't think it's tasteless if the whole point is actually to move a social agenda/taboo forward like he implied years ago. It becomes more about society and culture and less about promoting a game. It's promoting a change of opinion that could benefit humanity in the long term.

Give me a break. I'm barely an MGS fan so I hope you're not referring to me. You should like the games for their own worth. If you judge a franchise based on its fan base you're being kind of petty...

Who said I was judging the game completely on the fan base? I'm leaving after Kojima does.

The MGS fan base has always been crazy, mostly since MGS2, I don't see any drastic changes.

We're at a moment where Kojima could get diarrhea from eating Taco Bell, make a post about it and the fan base today would assume Johnny is the main character for MGS6.

MBS

Banned
Definitely. It's like being a fan of Sonic games but having a big part of the fanbase be creepy furries that want to fuck the characters. MGS has fucking conspiracy nutjobs that would rather take the obtuse, insane theory over the truth. Even when presented with the truth.

It's just absurd and completely delusional, when we are talking about a real, peer reviewed paper about the whole HEAVEN (Head Anastomosis Venture Project) procedure.

http://www.surgicalneurologyint.com...4;issue=2;spage=335;epage=342;aulast=Canavero

DarkKyo

Who said I was judging the game completely on the fan base? I'm leaving after Kojima does.

You JUST said you were out because of the fan base lol
It's just absurd and completely delusional, when we are talking about a real, peer reviewed paper about the whole HEAVEN (Head Anastomosis Venture Project) procedure.

http://www.surgicalneurologyint.com...4;issue=2;spage=335;epage=342;aulast=Canavero

I don't see how this dude being a real doctor or part of an MGS-related script have to be exclusive and separate realities.

Would you say it was tasteless enough to cost someone their job?

Opto

Banned
“To be completely honest with you: this isn’t such a bad thing. Since my project requires a lot of money, Mr.Kojima will be able to say he had a part in HEAVEN [the name of his head transplant procedure] despite the fact that he probably never intended to.”
OH COME ON

I disagree with both of these points :/

I don't think it's tasteless if the whole point is actually to move a social agenda/taboo forward like he implied years ago. It becomes more about society and culture and less about promoting a game. It's promoting a change of opinion that could benefit humanity in the long term.

You don't think faking a terminal illness (or using someone thats genuinely terminally ill) for video game marketing would be tasteless? I don't see how a viral video game stunt is going to benefit humanity, sorry. Whats the change of opinion it'll cause? People aren't anti transplant.

Would you say it was tasteless enough to cost someone their job?

Ah, so thats part of the genius ruse too.

ilium

You don't think faking a terminal illness (or using someone thats genuinely terminally ill) for video game marketing would be tasteless? I don't see how a viral video game stunt is going to benefit humanity, sorry. Whats the change of opinion it'll cause? People aren't anti transplant.

In Japan they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom