• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Sources: Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC

Javthusiast

Banned

Well there it is. Looks like more and more of sonys games will just be timed console exclusives to sell systems and then come out on pc if this trend continues.

CJY

Banned
Wow, didn't see that coming. I think it's the first true AAA 1st party title developed by an internal studio to come to PC.

As long as they release it across storefronts, EGS, Steam, GOG, I'm all for it.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
This is the new approach I predicted. All console exclusives will make it’s way to PC

You know what, I actually am at the point where I say do it. Then I am gonna save up some money, get a beefy pc and play all of microsofts and sonys games on it that run better together with all the pc exclusives too. Nintendo obviously won't jump over anytime soon.

Shin

Banned
It would be stupid not to, for any platform holder.
PC gamers won't abandon that, despite smartphones, tablets, consoles and the likes PC gaming won't or doesn't want to go away.
It's there a thread on this site with the breakdown of last year's revenue by platform, console had like what 15%, PC around 25%, the other 60% is mobile.
Case in point console is small fries compared to what's being spent/earned on the other platform even if it's billions being spent on consoles every year.
Smart business to be on everything and anything as there's a user-base to support good/great games, gotta give it to Xbox they have a better vision when it comes to gaming - period.

CJY

Banned
Awesome if true, not sure I believe it though, has guerilla ever made any pc ports of their games?

Now someone get on a Bloodborne port and sequel
Death Stranding, based on the GG's Decima Engine is coming to PC.

Javthusiast

Banned
This isn't really a big blow to the ps5 going forward, as long as sony keeps the games exclusive for a year or so on the consoles.

But then again, many still don't want to deal with PCs so ps5 will sell like hotcakes to the majority of casual gamers anyway, regardless if it is available on pc too. Sony will just sell more games overall.

Last edited:

sunnysideup

Banned
It would be stupid not to, for any platform holder.
PC gamers won't abandon that, despite smartphones, tablets, consoles and the likes PC gaming won't or doesn't want to go away.
It's there a thread on this site with the breakdown of last year's revenue by platform, console had like what 15%, PC around 25%, the other 60% is mobile.
Case in point console is small fries compared to what's being spent/earned on the other platform even if it's billions being spent on consoles every year.
Smart business to be on everything and anything as there's a user-base to support good/great games, gotta give it to Xbox they have a better vision when it comes to gaming - period.

Mobile is a completely different market. They dont compete at all. Its the casual/kill time vs gaming.

Pc gaming is a direct competitor though.

And this is a good way to kill their console business.

Kagero

It'll have no customers soon. Cause I am just about done with them, if this is how it's gonna be.
Doesn't mean all Sony exclusives are going to PC. I can see Sony picking and choosing what games they want to do this with. Horizon is a good choice. Pretty sure it's done it's job as far as it being a system seller. When they release Horizon 2 I'm sure it will be exclusive for a couple years. This may drive PC gamers to purchase a PS5.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I said it before and said it again in light of this news, Death Stranding, Xbox Series X, etc. Anyone who is thinking about dropping $500 plus tip on a new videogame console is not doing their due diligence if they don't consider going PC this gen. You will spend a bit more , but get more flexibility, the games run better, you get free "remasters", you don't need to worry about the mid-gen refresh when it is inevitably announced, and you can even keep your comfy couch.

Virex

Banned
I really hope it comes to PC and future Sony exclusives are well. Then I won't have to buy a PS5 or an Xbox Series X. I can play it all on PC.

P. S. It will be Epic Store Exclusive

Last edited:
Great. Maybe now I won't have to buy a PS5 when Sony snags another From Software exclusive. I just hope there won't be a 3 year wait every time.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Mobile is a completely different market. They dont compete at all. Its the casual/kill time vs gaming.

Pc gaming is a direct competitor though.

And this is a good way to kill their console business.
People have preferences and those preferences aren't going away - they haven't for years now.
Console gamers will still game on consoles, PC gamers will still game on PC's, the latter will now have more choices to choose from.
We've been getting PC games for a while now on consoles but the other way around not so much, not seeing the problem here.

Top Bottom