• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Sources: Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC

Airbus Jr

Banned
If this is true...

This could damaged PS5 sales in the future ( longterm)

Seems like the floodgates are already opened though...

Nintendo are probably the only consoles il buy in the future since the rest of them i can get on PC

Last edited:
I'm irrationally attached to consoles, they've been there my whole life. I wouldn't want to see them sidelined as a tier 2 thing, but that's what would happen if exclusives go PC. I saw what happened to the Destiny playerbase when they brought out cross save. There's a huge hardcore contingent who'll happily jump ship to take the PC route if they can.

Timing of this news is so much predictable......it's just someone really hate Sony so much due skipping E32020 or just willing to bet that death stranding connection(due the horizon has same engine that used by death stranding that has PC version) well I really don't care having PC version of this game.....but this news is just so trashy meme rushed Fake news that been last year headlines....this journalists willing to bet this weird news...

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Decent game that came out and got fucked by like 5 fire Japanese games at the same time. It's not much of a loss considering all PS4 users have probably already played it by now. 🤷‍♂️

Airbus Jr

Banned
Timing of this news is so much predictable......it's just someone really hate Sony so much due skipping E32020 or just willing to bet that death stranding connection(due the horizon has same engine that used by death stranding that has PC version) well I really don't care having PC version of this game.....but this news is just so trashy meme rushed Fake news that been last year headlines....this journalists willing to bet this weird news...

Really?

So how accurate is the source/spokeperson here?

If this turns out to be a made up story then..well...👍

Right he is famous one but timing release of this news it's just feels telling a hatred motive due Sony quitting this e32020.... To me I will be better to put it on just speculations than making it news + this damned rumour reusage last year its make more just clickbait for hate

meirl

Banned
Yeah I really don’t get that comment at all.

what don’t you get about this?
Most people bought the PlayStation BECAUSE OF the exclusive games. Since those games come to PC, why bother getting a PlayStation then? To play an inferior version?

Ryu Kaiba

Makes all the sense in the world to release old games that aren't selling anymore on PlayStation. Graphics whores, double dippers, PC only gamers might get interested in the franchise and get HZD2 on PS5, etc.
Especially with PS5 going all in on backwards compatibility. They won't be able to sell it again to PlayStation owners so who are they gonna sell it to..

DESTROYA

Most people bought the PlayStation BECAUSE OF the exclusive games. Since those games come to PC, why bother getting a PlayStation then? To play an inferior version?
It was a exclusive for 3 years, if you really wanted to play it by now you would have and at a cheap price, $20 new and I’ve seen for less than half that used and in very good condition .

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Are PS exclusives getting free from low framerate (high input lag) limbo? Sign me up. I'd even install a Sony Store launcher for it.

That's a tricky one - RDR2 didn't benefit at all from high framerate on PC, due to the robust animations, and seeing how Sony games are equally strong in that aspect I wouldn't be surprised if even 120FPS wouldn't change much.

Sussoloc

It was a exclusive for 3 years, if you really wanted to play it by now you would have and at a cheap price, $20 new and I’ve seen for less than half that used and in very good condition .
Cdkeys is selling the complete edition since weeks or months for 5 bucks.

Bryank75

Banned
I guess if I had to articulate my main frustration, it would be that PlayStation seem to listen more to the competitions customers than their own.

MMaRsu

Banned
If this is true...

This could damaged PS5 sales in the future ( longterm)

Seems like the floodgates are already opened though...

Nintendo are probably the only consoles il buy in the future since the rest of them i can get on PC

No it couldn't. If they release exclusives on pc a few years after they release on their consoles.

Most sales (99%) would still go towards their console sales. And then a few years later you have the people who either double dip or just buy it for pc outright.

MMaRsu

Banned
That's a tricky one - RDR2 didn't benefit at all from high framerate on PC, due to the robust animations, and seeing how Sony games are equally strong in that aspect I wouldn't be surprised if even 120FPS wouldn't change much.

What :messenger_tears_of_joy:

RDR2 benefits from higher framerate in a lot of things, the controls are way tighter and the animations play smooth af. Then there's also the input delay.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Damn Sony fanboys in this thread hugging their gaming box while crying right now. The only loyalty you should have is to games, not boxes. This is a good move for everybody involved.
No I think people are just overreacting to a will be last gen game coming to PC.
the biggest thing about it is its a Sony game.
Other than that... Who cares?
It been on most of our shelves for the last 3 years.
Let PC players enjoy it while we enjoy next gen.
The biggest question is why Horizon?
Also still not confirmed...

Lanrutcon

No I think people are just overreacting to a will be last gen game coming to PC.

Listen to Dr Cox.

PC players getting Horizon is not going to kill anyone.

People need to relax.

• LOL
Reactions: TGO

Psykodad

Banned
Sony didn’t even support their own 4K Blu-ray format in the PS4 Pro. They care more about software/license sales than the hardware that the consumer is using.

🎶 For the times they are a-changin'
Ok? No idea what that has to do with it.
I was merely saying Sony decides about the Spiderman game, not Marvel.

Amaranty

Weird move by Sony if true. They recently started advertising PS Now more than usual. Releasing exclusives on PC will probably see PS Now subscribers go down.

Now listen up, I got a couple of points to make, and usually when I speak people listen:

1. This is not about this one game. This 'news' is about its impact on how people view PS going forward. Sony are taking a gamble here. If the narrative forms that 'I'll just buy it on PC' to all their exclusives, this has backfired. Cos they lose the front-loaded $$$$ they make from selling full-priced, new console titles on PS Store (and hardware sale profit, however small) and instead make much less $ from selling the same cheaper, 2/3 yr old games on PC (losing a cut from Epic or Syeam).

Handel

PC players have so many games to play, a far larger catalogue than any console, that waiting is not an issue for a single player experience. It'll play and look better for them as well.

As for the bolded, they've been enjoying what is next gen for you for years.

GymWolf

I just hope sony doesn't pull out a microsoft bullshit move like announcing all esclusives on pc after the launch of ps5.

I have a barely used xbox one for the same fucking reason...

Just announce all esclusive on pc before launch so i don't have to buy your console.

Remembers that "for the players" stuff? Now it's time to see if they are real or not with that shit.

I just hope sony doesn't pull out a microsoft bullshit move like announcing all esclusives on pc after the launch of ps5.

I have a barely used xbox one for the same fucking reason...

Just announce all esclusive on pc before launch so i don't have to buy your console.

Remembers that "for the players" stuff? Now it's time to see if they are real or not with that shit.

Yes this halfway in halfway out stuff could really hurt them. Either announce all exclusives are going on PC or just state first party stuff is exclusive to one system.

HZD is baffling, it's 3 yrs old so they wont make a lot of money. But it's big enough of a name that it allows people to think 'all PS exclusives are coming to PC, no need for PS5'.

GHG

Gold Member

Let me help you answer your own question:

but what exclusive games though? there is nothing for pS5 at this time, and who knows what the future brings. maybe their exclusive games will be shit nextgen? lol
also, pc gaming is cumbersome nowadays.. driver problems, finding correct settings, DRM etc. most people dont even play all those console exclusive games on PC anymore, because it just sucks. since not many people play it there, microsoft doesnt bother and just port them over. why not? its easy.. same with sony allowing SFV, Death Stranding, Shenmue III to be ported to PC lol

So what? Its Not the same. Not Even Close. Driver issues, Bugs, UI, Installation, Optimisation, crashes etc. A LOT of games dont play on PC because of this. Because they dont want to Spend time on this crap.

Or are those things no longer valid anymore?

GymWolf

Are you kidding?

There is no sony games with the input lag and animation priority of rdr2, not even unchy4 or tlou.

And games like gow, horizon or days gome are pretty arcadey in the gameplay department.

Horizon at 60frame is night and day difference, lol.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yes this halfway in halfway out stuff could really hurt them. Either announce all exclusives are going on PC or just state first party stuff is exclusive to one system.

HZD is baffling, it's 3 yrs old so they wont make a lot of money. But it's big enough of a name that it allows people to think 'all PS exclusives are coming to PC, no need for PS5'.
It doesn't hurt them, but us.

I was fucked in the ass by microsoft one time and something says to me that sony is ready for round number 2 with my poor asshole...

Last edited:
giphy.gif

MMaRsu

Banned
Let me help you answer your own question:

Or are those things no longer valid anymore?

Yeah, not really. You know when it was cumbersome? Setting up IRQ problems in DOS because the sound blaster wouldn't play.

With Steam most of the time it's plug and play. Updating drivers is like updating your PS4 firmware. Geforce tells you, hey listen I have an update for you, do you want it?
Even on PC you aren't forced to update shit because of choice.

GHG

Gold Member
Yeah, not really. You know when it was cumbersome? Setting up IRQ problems in DOS because the sound blaster wouldn't play.

With Steam most of the time it's plug and play. Updating drivers is like updating your PS4 firmware. Geforce tells you, hey listen I have an update for you, do you want it?

Don't worry, I'm not agreeing with him, I'm not that insane.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

When Xbox games on PC are being discussed he's always spouted that bullcrap but now when it's PlayStation games on the PC he's saying "why buy a Playstation".

It's hilarious.

It doesn't hurt them, but us.

I was fucked in the ass by microsoft one time and something says to me that sony is ready for round number 2 with my poor asshole...

It's not so much my asshole I'm worried about, that'll take care of itself. It's more how negative this news can be seen by PS fans when obviously that is not the intention.

However, what if Sony announce PS4 games may go to PC, but PS5's will remain exclusive? Unlikely, but that would stop interest trailing off on PS5.

GHG

Gold Member

Mate, Rdr2 is a completely different game on PC compared to the console games due to the lack of input lag/smoothing and mouse and keyboard.

I couldn't even get past the intro on PS4 but on PC I'm 18% complete after a week of dipping in and out of the game. It's fantastic on PC.

GymWolf

I'm mostly a pc gamer and pc gaming is far more cumbersome than console gaming...

Look at rdr2 pc version topics, a shitload of people with different problems.
Look at monster hunter world where you have to disable the anticheat system with some trickery to avoid the cpu loss of power.
Look the last 2 ac with 100% cpu usage at launch even when you look a fucking wall...

Etc. Etc. Etc. (These are recent example but i have million of those)

Even the fact that some people necer heard of this problem is a proof of how fucking random pc gaming is...

The fact that the same game has 3274274826345427 variables, bugs, problem, perfromance issues etc on different PCs it's pretty maddening.

Yeah you can upgrade driver fromn nvidia app, except with games that give problem if you don't do a clean driver installation with DDU.

And i can continue for 5 years with all the shit you have on pc...vsycn from nvidia panel or ingame? Why this game can't accept fullscreen? Why i have to remove fullscreen optimization from windows properties etc. Etc. Etc.

People with little knowledge or patience are always gonna prefer console gaming, and they are perfectly right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom