• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Thanks Call of Duty dog, for brightening up a mostly dull xbox event

DtkdMMO.gif

tattoo in his ear omg
ku-xlarge.gif

ku-xlarge.gif

CoD dog got its twitter
https://twitter.com/collarduty

Ask anyone who watched today's Microsoft press event to name the most memorable announcement and they'll probably say, "There's a new Xbox." Ask them for the TWO most memorable announcements and they'll probably say, "Well, there was this dog..."

That's because at the end of the hour-long presentation, the guys from Infinity Ward revealed a sweet-looking dog from their upcoming next-gen game, Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Cue Internet dog-party.

And so on. Why did everyone go nuts over the dog? It's hard to say for sure, but I'll bet it had something to do with the fact that Microsoft's hour-long presentation was awfully dry, and depressingly short on cool games. (For my part, the only thing that I found enticing was Remedy's new game Quantum Break.) That smiling German shepherd was an oasis of goof in a desert of Comcast integration and voice-recognition demos.

http://kotaku.com/thanks-call-of-duty-dog-for-brightening-up-a-mostly-d-509105422

Let me spoil CoD Ghosts for you with all of its emotional narrative:

THE DOG FUCKING DIES

you'll get to control the dog and see all the codmen as happy friends and then you'll sniff a bomb and it'll go off and you'll see the dog die from its perspective #pathos #gamesasart #compellingstories

Can we as an industry just agree that killing dogs is played out and bums me out for reasons the developer didn't really intend?

I feel like I have killed so many dogs in the past two years.

Duster

What do we want? Call of Duty Dog!
When do we want it? Call of Duty Dog!

I'm not a fan of the series but if that dog behaves as realistically as they suggested I'll probably buy the game (in many years on the PS4).
Combine it with that tornado dog and it's been a good day for canine related news.

Let me spoil CoD Ghosts for you with all of its emotional narrative:

THE DOG FUCKING DIES

Also the dog is the bad guy. The Ghost Team find out that the reason America has fallen so badly in the last 10 years is because it has been overrun by dogs. It then turns out that the dog you have been working with is actually the leader of the dogs. You then have a hand to hand duel as the final battle where you must gather the strength to defeat the dog that you thought was your friend the entire time.

Can we as an industry just agree that killing dogs is played out and bums me out for reasons the developer didn't really intend?

I feel like I have killed so many dogs in the past two years.

Man, I agree. I really hope Ghost Dog is literally the only dog featured in this entire video game. Turn the tables.

Or get some dog dying noises that aren't The Worst Thing.

Hey Activision you might want to contact Rare, they seem to do the fur real good. See Starfox Adventures.

I agree, the dog was the best part.

Man, I agree. I really hope Ghost Dog is literally the only dog featured in this entire video game. Turn the tables.

Or get some dog dying noises that aren't The Worst Thing.

I think AC3 is where I felt the line was crossed when you stab a dog (that is diseased) in the head

It walks up to you whimpering, Connor pets it and it brushes its head in to his palm, then the hidden blade comes out and it dies

THIS IS A SIDE QUEST

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
The dog was the best thing ever. Here's hoping they'll have a bulldog DLC.

I think AC3 is where I felt the line was crossed when you stab a dog (that are diseased) in the head

It walks up to you whimpering, Connor pets it and it brushes its head in to his palm, then the hidden blade comes out and it dies

THIS IS A SIDE QUEST

Far Cry 3 had that whole side quest where you go into an abandoned lab and just massacre waves of dogs. And that was a uPlay bonus! Oh, and there was the one hunting quest where it said "kill these rabid dogs! ...with this WWII flamethrower!"

Someone should really check up on what the hell is going on in Ubisoft. Maybe pop round to Yves's place. See what the beef is. Maybe he really likes cats or something.

Top Bottom