• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: The Xbox One Will Not Launch On November 8 After All

Shancake

How can a huge site post "Xbox One will release november 8th" and "Xbox One will not release November 8th" within like 48 hours of each other..

I hate click bait so much.

The source says to expect the console at a date later than November 8, though obviously still in the month of November, as that's the release window Microsoft has promised for some time.

Someones needs to do a SHOCKING NEWS Slowtaku

demolitio

Kotaku: We Should Really Stop Posting Rumors That Look Fishy To Even The Most Untrained Eyes.

Seriously, that had to be the worst rumor source ever considering how many inconsistencies there were. It was fun to talk about though!

SJRB

Gold Member
"Will not launch on November 8th, but thanks for the 24 hours worth of traffic to our site"

I stopped reading Kotaku a long time ago.

I'm all Gaf and Polygon. If you avoid the Arthur Gies stuff (and look past their desperate need to fund their internet super-team), it is one of the most professional, adult sites around, with some of the most talented writers. Their editorials and video series' are amazing.

The Besties podcast is a blast, too. (Fourth McElroy 4 lyf)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This just in: Water is NOT wet!

UPDATE: Water is wet after all!

crash

Neo Member
I'm all Gaf and Polygon. If you avoid the Arthur Gies stuff (and look past their desperate need to fund their internet super-team), it is one of the most professional, adult sites around, with some of the most talented writers. Their editorials and video series' are amazing.

Yes polygon is changing games journalism , especially when they spew out news where the headline is longer than the story content.
Developing...

How can a huge site post "Xbox One will release november 8th" and "Xbox One will not release November 8th" within like 48 hours of each other..

I hate click bait so much.

This is y I only get news from here. These sites nowadays say they don't get paid for review scores but have NO problem posting wrong info or twisting headlines for clicks! Where has the integrity gone?

If they launch on the same day I think retailers would crap themselves. They barely handle a single launch well, two in one day...lol forget about it. Glad I ordered my PS4 through Amazon.

Xbox - November 15th, 2001 (Tuesday)
Xbox 360 - November 22nd, 2005 (Thursday)
Xbox One - November 21st, 2013 (Thursday)

PlayStation - September 5th, 1995 (Tuesday)
PlayStation 2 - October 26th, 2000 (Thursday)
PlayStation 3 - November 17th, 2006 (Friday)
PlayStation 4 - November 15th, 2013 (Friday)

Makes sense to me.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Kotaku have struck gold with this approach to writing articles

"PS4 delayed until 2014." HITS, HITS, HITS!
"PS4 not delayed until 2014 after all."

"Nintendo dropping Wiiu." HITS, HITS, HITS!
"Nintendo not dropping Wiiu after all."

Perfectly legitimate!

tensuke

Why do people listen to Kotaku in the first place? They did a review of black and white McDonalds hamburgers in China. That about sums up the Gawker network.

satam55

Banned
I told y'all not to cyse that Kotaku story from yesterday. There's a reason Sony was confident about that Nov 15th date & wasn't worried about the Xbox1 release date.

Fanboys would fight in parking lots.

Lol, as much as I would like to think people would be above such things, I also fear retailers would think the same and put everyone in the same queue for both consoles. Nightmare scenario.

Have a feeling we would hear of some incident at a Wal-Mart, because Wal-Mart.

Xbox - November 15th, 2001 (Tuesday)
Xbox 360 - November 22nd, 2005 (Thursday)
Xbox One - November 21st, 2013 (Thursday)

PlayStation - September 5th, 1995 (Tuesday)
PlayStation 2 - October 26th, 2000 (Thursday)
PlayStation 3 - November 17th, 2006 (Friday)
PlayStation 4 - November 15th, 2013 (Friday)

Makes sense to me.

My birthday. Fuck yes, this is my hope.

Top Bottom