• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Vita has the most games releasing in Japan through March

TI82

Banned
https://archive.today/GHxmt

Number of games scheduled for release in Japan up to the end of March:

3DS: 17

Wii U: 2

PSP: 6

PS Vita: 39

PS3: 22

PS4: 22

Xbox 360: 4

Xbox One: 8

Is the Vita considered a turn around success (in Japan) or what? Also, its fairly alarming to see that the PSP and both Xboxs have better support in Japan than the Wii U.

Edit: got a mostly complete list here, source is Play-Asia. Thank you based monkey.

Wii U
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Xbox 360
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Dragonball Xenoverse
ScreamRide

PSP
Kaleido-Eve (VN)
Satomi Hakkenden Murasame-maru no Ki (VN)
Meiji Tokyo Renka: Twilight Kiss (VN)
Uta no * Prince-Sama: All Star After Secret (VN)
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 (VN)
Hoshi no Furu Koku Portable (VN)

Xbox One
BioHazard: Revelations 2
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War
Dragonball Xenoverse
Far Cry 4
Screamride
Battlefield: Hardline
Evolve

3DS
Kenka Banchou 6: Soul & Blood
The Legend of Legacy
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Devil Survivor 2 Break Record
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
Ace Combat 3D: Cross Rumble Plus
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Yowamushi Pedal: Ashita e no High Cadence
Lost Heroes 2
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Doraemon: Nobita no Uchuu Eiyuuki
Nanatsu no Taizai: Shinjitsu no Enzai
Shin Tennis no Oji-Sama: Go To The Top
Kuroko no Basuke: Mirai e no Kizuna
Ansatsu Kyoshitsu: Korosensei Dai Houimou!!
Kiniro no Corda 3 Full Voice Special (VN)

PlayStation 4
Dragon Quest Heroes
Ryu ga Gotoku Zero
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Bloodborne
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Disgaea 5
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Evolve
Kagero: Mou Hitori no Princess
One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 3
Lords of the Fallen
Sengoku Musou 4-II
The Order 1886
God Eater 2: Rage Burst
Terraria
Dragonball Xenoverse

PlayStation 3
Tales of Zestiria
Bioshock Infinite: Complete Edition
Ryu ga Gotoku Zero
Dragon Quest Heroes
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Ukiyo no Shishi
Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: All Star Special
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Winning Post 8 2015
Sengoku Musou 4-II
Far Cry 4
Dragonball Xenoverse
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Rewrite (VN)
Higurashi: When They Cry (VN)

PlayStation Vita
God Eater 2: Rage Burst
Ukiyo no Roushi
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Muramasa + Genroku Kaikitan 4 Chapter
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3 Deluxe Package
Ebikore PhotoKano Kiss
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus
Durarara!! Relay
Fuuraiki 3
Yuuki Yuuna Wa Yuusha de Aru: Jukai no Kioku
Sengoku Musou 4-II
Stranger of Sword City: Black Palace
Winning Post 8 2015
Daisenryaku Daitouakouboushi3 Dai-2-Ji
Higurashi When They Cry (VN)
Kaleido-Eve (VN)
Norn9: Norn + Nonette Last Era (VN)
Kengakimi for V (VN)
Kurogane Kaikitan: Senya Ichiya (VN)
Kokujo no Psychedelica (VN)
Root Rexx (VN)
Hitotsutobashi Renai V (VN)
Diabolik Lovers: More Blood (VN)
Irotoridori no Sekai: World's End Rebirth (VN)
Gakuen Heaven Boy's Love Scramble! (VN)
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai: Library Party (VN)
Hyakka Yakou (VN)
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 (VN)
Friend to Lover (VN)
Otoko Yukaku (VN)
Parfait (VN)
Ozmafia!! Vivace (VN)
Hakuouki: Zuisouroku Omokage Hana (VN)
Captain Earth: Mind Labyrinth (VN?)
Diabolik Lovers: Dark Fate (VN)

incpdo

smells like hate is coming...

ii was a good year for the Vita(2014) lets hope to get more and more games

Sinfamy

Also, its fairly alarming to see that the PSP and both Xboxs have better support in Japan than the Wii U.

Heated toilet seat covers have more support than the Wii U in Japan.

People are going to misinterpret this lol

Vita had the most games in 2014 as well. Problem is a lot of those games are ports or really niche games like VNs.

Vita has definitely found its niche but lacks meaningful support from big publishers (look at the PSP for instance) such as Capcom or SE although both of those companies have reduced their handheld output significantly.

Its very promising to see stuff like Saga and the Falcom support though.

Is the Vita considered a turn around success (in Japan) or what? Also, its fairly alarming to see that the PSP and both Xboxs have better support in Japan than the Wii U.

Don't call it a comeback.
No, seriously, it's not that major, HOWEVER, developers have with niche products and honed budgets have found a lot of success, so the platform is getting a lot of support.
That may not equate to a massive resurgence of sales, but it will ensure Vita continues to mean life for a while more in Japan.

Cream

Banned
I've been really considering starting up learning Japanese this year.

I'm the in prime demo for a majority of these games, and I want tons more.

TI82

Banned
I've been really considering starting up learning Japanese this year.

I'm the in prime demo for a majority of these games, and I want tons more.

Its very difficult, I'm probably not going to continue after one semester.

incpdo

Don't call it a comeback.
No, seriously, it's not that major, HOWEVER, developers have with niche products and honed budgets have found a lot of success, so the platform is getting a lot of support.
That may not equate to a massive resurgence of sales, but it will ensure Vita continues to mean life for a while more in Japan.

Well hardware sales are actually very good last year (2014) Vita sold 1.15 Millon consoles vs 3DS that sold 3.15 millon consoles. Being second in the chart. Even when we are passing through one of the worst depressions on the industry and besides that Vita managed to sell more than a millon consoles in 2014.

I think even when they might not be millon sellers Vita is profitable to indie and niche companies. ok 39 games might be too much Otome VNs but there is some quality stuff and there is a lot of games getting localized.

SmokyDave

Stomping the other platforms. It's a shame that you can bet all 39 are servicing the same niche that already own a Vita.

All 39 of those games combined will sell than Yokai Watch....
The combined entirety of the Vita library has probably been outsold by Yokai Watch.

Cream

Banned

Yeah I know. I was doing it for a liitle bit. Got all the hiragana down to perfection, some katakana, few kanji, and some grammar stuff, but everything but the hiragana fell right out of my brain.

I want to get back into it. The ecchi depends on it!

Sandfox

yet we're getting Criminal Girls, more Senran Kagura and Neptunia games.

Which are more viable than tie-ins for anime that haven't been released in the west, lesser known visual novels, and games from basically no name companies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Stomping the other platforms. It's a shame that you can bet all 39 are servicing the same niche that already own a Vita.

The combined entirety of the Vita library has probably been outsold by Yokai Watch.

Heh. "Servicing".

TI82

Banned
Yeah I know. I was doing it for a liitle bit. Got all the hiragana down to perfection, some katakana, few kanji, and some grammar stuff, but everything but the hiragana fell right out of my brain.

I want to get back into it. The ecchi depends on it!

Were you actually in school or just self teaching? Because in class you could tell the self teachers from the fresh people because they had horrible pronunciation, handwriting, grammar etc just really bad habits they picked up by not having someone to correct them.

Kid Ying

It gets really difficult after a couple of years. I think the beginning, the first two semesters, are actually easy, specially compares to what comes next.

Cream

Banned
Were you actually in school or just self teaching? Because in class you could tell the self teachers from the fresh people because they had horrible pronunciation, handwriting, grammar etc just really bad habits they picked up by not having someone to correct them.

Self taught BUT it was a super innovative, very cool modern textbook website with a focus for correcting those kinds of mistakes and helping self teachers. It was called Text Fugu, I stopped using it when I realized it only have 8 chapters. But the redone all new version of the site with a lot more content is coming soon.

TI82

Banned
It gets really difficult after a couple of years. I think the beginning, the first two semesters, are actually easy, specially compares to what comes next.

Yep, I was really struggling with remember て form + a million vocab + a million kanji all at once. And talked to a friend in our 102 and she was like "yeahhh it really doesn't get easier". I only took it as a fun side class but it was taking up nearly all of my study time and it wasn't even related to my major so im like nope.

Self taught BUT it was a super innovative, very cool modern textbook website with a focus for correcting those kinds of mistakes and helping self teachers. It was called Text Fugu, I stopped using it when I realized it only have 8 chapters. But the redone all new version of the site with a lot more content is coming soon.

Ah, yeah I've looked at that site and did the first few lessons but at that point it was kind of annoying since it was taking like three lessons to teach one ひりがな that I already knew lol. I still recommend seeing a tutor or maybe sitting in on classes at your local college if you are allowed since that actual contact with another person really helps. Another kind of helpful book was " Japanese grammar the manga way".

Tizoc

The games actually being able to sell well enough in the west to justify translating it if the company can even bring it over in the first place.

Then what makes (At least 2 of) the games I mentioned be able to sell well in the west when they were the first games from their series to be localized on Vita?

wrowa

Does someone have the list of games for the different platforms? The numbers alone are interesting, but not really all that useful.

panty

Let the Vita bashing/hating begin.

Good for Vita though. Hopefully the sales pick up some steam too.

Tohsaka

Then what makes (At least 2 of) the games I mentioned be able to sell well in the west when they were the first games from their series to be localized on Vita?

Both already had entries in the series localized on other platforms, and the publishers (correctly) assumed that people would be interested in the Vita games. With Criminal Girls, it was published by Nippon Ichi in Japan and they're kind of running out of games to localize since they lost the Idea Factory stuff.

TI82

Banned
Does someone have the list of games for the different platforms? The numbers alone are interesting, but not really all that useful.

Yeah I'm not seeing a link on the site and am also interested. Maybe I'll message the writer

Tizoc

Both already had entries in the series localized on other platforms, and the publishers (correctly) assumed that people would be interested in the Vita games.

What system was Criminal Girls localized on before the Vita?

Cream

Banned
What system was Criminal Girls localized on before the Vita?

Can't speak for that one, but Senran and Neptunia have huge fan followings, well before any of the games made it to America.

I remember wanting SK way back when the original 3ds game was announced. The very first one, with only 5 girls.

Top Bottom