• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: XB1 Slim 2016, More Powerful XB1 Scorpio/VR 2017, iterative boxes from now on

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
The Oculus Rift talk is interesting:

How will MS approach pricing if this is real?

It's got to be priced to compete with PSVR, but without massively undercutting the current OR pricing.

By end of 2017 Rift will be much cheaper. We probably have a Rift 2 with roomscale and foveated rendering at that time. And they could even do what they did with Samsung (GearVR) and create an Xbox SKU of their headset.

oti

Banned
I would love to see an upgrade path for people who bought the XBO. I don't know if that's even possible from a business standpoint and how you'd manage this, but I hope they offer something so the XBO won't end up the worst console I ever bought.

LeonDekoda

Neo Member
So with this new amped-up Xbone, does that mean the graphics will look "almost" like a PS4? And the Resolution will be 100 pixels higher?

AmFreak

No actually. According to Digital Foundry at time of ps4's launch. it was not possible to build a pc for the same money as ps4.

1. I said 400-500€
2. DF is in the UK meaning they aren't using €
3. Yes, you could get better hardware for ~400€, i know it cause i did a testbuild back then. The 400-500€ range is there cause i did 2 slightly different configs - one with dead meat (aka blu-ray drive) one without, used a cheap NT and for potentially adding Windows.

Top Bottom