• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaro Uchikoshi (999, Virtue's Last Reward) says he's working on "You-Know-What"

Andrefpvs

Kotaro Uchikoshi, the director of the Zero Escape series, has just updated his profile on Facebook with the list of his works:

DMXeMfv.png

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kotaro-uchikoshi/profile/924348697584912

While this doesn't necessarily mean that "You-Know-What" is Zero Escape 3, the majority of the people who are friends with Uchikoshi-san on Facebook are Western fans who constantly show their support for the Zero Escape series. So he may or may not be directly trying to send a message to those people here.

In the past year, Uchikoshi-san has been very active at communicating with his Western fans, especially after the news that Zero Escape 3 was having problems with funding. Recently, he was quoted as saying "It’s looking like 2015 will be the year where everything I’ve built up over the years will come together and be let out into the world in one fell swoop."

So here's hoping!

Warn my past self via the morphogenetic field if old.

Please be ZE3. My heart was crushed when I heard it was on hiatus since
VLR ended with a sequel hook
. Really need the conclusion to the story D:

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I am just in the middle of my VLR playthrough. Fucking. Bring. It.

Einbroch

Banned
Auto-runner for phones where at the end of the level you make a choice to either go up or down at the end of the level. You only make the choice nine times. To see the true ending you must finish all the paths. Pay $0.99 to skip a path.

Eh, the iOS version is decent if it's your only option. I played it that way and found it quite enjoyable.

The IOS version is pretty solid. It might actually be the best way to play it for some people, depending on how much the poor pacing and repetition of the DS version would bother you.

SapphireZora

Neo Member
absolutely, yes. ds/3ds if it's possible.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've seen answers on both sides. For VLR, is 3DS or Vita best? I figure Vita has crisper graphics while 3DS has handier controls, but is there more to it than that? Sorry if this isn't the place to ask.

And I hope it is Zero Escape 3 he's working on. I haven't played VLR yet but I'd love to see some of 999's loose ends wrapped up.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've seen answers on both sides. For VLR, is 3DS or Vita best? I figure Vita has crisper graphics while 3DS has handier controls, but is there more to it than that? Sorry if this isn't the place to ask.

And I hope it is Zero Escape 3 he's working on. I haven't played VLR yet but I'd love to see some of 999's loose ends wrapped up.

VLR is best on the Vita. Best visuals, best sound, and the 3DS version has an annoying bug that will freeze your game if you try to save in certain areas. The controls differences aren't really significant. If you both handhelds, I'd play it on the Vita.

Zero Escape 3 in 2015... I would be a very VERY happy camper... Persona 5, Metal Gear 5, FFVX, Bloodborne... a lot of good things coming from Japan in the near future^^

Producer

what's so bad about it?

It removes puzzles and exploration of the environment. The majority of the puzzles were really well done and had a right balance of difficulty imo. Also during exploration there are alot dialouge that happens between characters that add some nice humor and personality to characters. No animated sprites either.

Also the game was made for the dual screen setup of the DS. Don't really want to go too into it but yeah, people that have played the game know what i'm talking about.

VLR did so tremendously bad in Japan... It certainly would be something to finally see ZE3 announced.
Well, if they have any sense at all they'll release it ZE3 on steam, too. VNs have been doing pretty damn well on the service and it's arguably the best platform for VNs right now in the west other than the Vita, which has been dying a slow death for about a year now.

Top Bottom