• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Leaks Disney Infinity 3.0 Finding Dory Playset

fernoca

Well the pic is new. But it was expected when they announced that there won't be a 4.0 release this year and will release playsets based on new movies.

Though Kraft of all leakers. XD

HUELEN10

Well the pic is new. But it was expected when they announced that there won't be a 4.0 release this year and will release playsets based on new movies.

Though Kraft of all leakers. XD

I wouldn't call it expected. After all, Zootopia did NOT get a Playset.

fernoca

I wouldn't call it expected. After all, Zootopia did NOT get a Playset.
Because Zootopia was part of the original 3.0 release schedule which only had the 2 figures to coincide with the movie.

This new release schedule was decided after the holidays. So the playsets for 4.0 were decided to be released as part of 3.0 which had no Zootopia playsets in the works...yet.

HUELEN10

Because Zootopia was part of the original 3.0 release schedule which only had the 2 figures to coincide with the movie.

This new release schedule was decided after the holidays. So the playsets for 4.0 were decided to be released as part of 3.0 which had no Zootopia playsets in the works...yet.
But that's exactly what I'm saying... They didn't even bother thinking about a Zootopia Playset.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It actually was expected--they pretty much said it and Alice in Wonderland will be getting a playset during the Disney Infinity presentation last week.

fernoca

But that's exactly what I'm saying... They didn't even bother thinking about a Zootopia Playset.
Yep. Which is why Dory was expected for a possible 4.0 and not Zootopia.

It actually was expected--they pretty much said it and Alice in Wonderland will be getting a playset during the Disney Infinity presentation last week.
Yep. 'A Rogue One' is another one expected along one themed on Marvel.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yep. Which is why Dory was expected for a possible 4.0 and not Zootopia.

Yep. 'A Rogue One' is another one expected along one themed on Marvel.

I think the Marvel one they referred to was Battlegrounds that releases next week.

Am I crazy or didn't we see mockups of Dory and Nemo a long time ago? Like the gray work in progress versions of the models.

I definitely remember that coral texture because in gray it looked really weird like a brain, and it still does.

I think the Marvel one they referred to was Battlegrounds that releases next week.

You are correct. This year's Marvel playset is the Battlegrounds playset, the Disney animated movie playset is not known yet, the Pixar playset is Finding Dory, and the Star Wars playset is assumed to be based off of Rouge One. As for individual toy box figures, we have three Alice Through the Looking Glass figures for now.

Ban Puncher

2699626-hkofq.png

fernoca

That one yeah. But another one is expected by next year.

Seems Dory will be out in summer with the movie, Alice during the home release of the movie in fall, Rogue with the movie release in December. Some say there might be one based on Doctor Strange and others say they will just release a figure but release a playset of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in May next year.

Guess it will depend on the sales and reception of this new wave of DLC playsets.

HUELEN10

Am I crazy or didn't we see mockups of Dory and Nemo a long time ago? Like the gray work in progress versions of the models.

I definitely remember that coral texture because in gray it looked really weird like a brain, and it still does.

We also saw prototype art for Muppets.

Hopefully those will come out some day.

Gorki247

That one yeah. But another one is expected by next year.

Seems Dory will be out in summer with the movie, Alice during the home release of the movie in fall, Rogue with the movie release in December. Some say there might be one based on Doctor Strange and others say they will just release a figure but release a playset of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in May next year.

Guess it will depend on the sales and reception of this new wave of DLC playsets.

There won't be any more Marvel playsets this year. Battlegrounds is the playset for 2016. However, there will be more figures that will work in this one, so a Dr Strange figure to coincide with that movie is most likely. Although I expect a few more from Civil War (Scarlet Witch and Winter Soldier).

Next year? Who knows. They might move on to 4.0 or continue with 3.0. Either way, I hope whatever is next unites all the releases in one game so that we can use our old playsets and toybox discs. Make it a true platform for everything Infinity.

Poona

How are they going to work in the Toy Box? :eek:

Yeah, puzzling that. I remember a while back they were saying about how people wanted Ariel in the game but it would be kind of difficult since she's a mermaid.

Yet now they're putting fish in who don't even have hands/paws. So it's going to be interesting to see what they've worked out.

Didn't they announce this? I could have sworn when the Marvel Battlegrounds announcement happened part of the announcement also said there would be Finding Dory, Rogue One, and Alice playsets. Or did they only announce that there would be figures for those movies and we didn't know about the playset aspect?

You are correct. This year's Marvel playset is the Battlegrounds playset, the Disney animated movie playset is not known yet, the Pixar playset is Finding Dory, and the Star Wars playset is assumed to be based off of Rouge One. As for individual toy box figures, we have three Alice Through the Looking Glass figures for now.

Isn't Disney's playset for this year, if it's not Alice, Moana?

Yeah, puzzling that. I remember a while back they were saying about how people wanted Ariel in the game but it would be kind of difficult since she's a mermaid.

Yet now they're putting fish in who don't even have hands/paws. So it's going to be interesting to see what they've worked out.

Well, if anything this opens up the door for Ariel. She can be Human Ariel and land and moprh back into a Mermaid in water sections. Would make sense at least.

Top Bottom