• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kuro no Kiseki 3 Being Developed

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
There are so many waifus that you would move on from Kat in an instant
Kat is Kat and I'm true to my Kat

BloeaXPCcAANNBv

Belthazar

Do we know if it's any better than Erebonia? That was such a let down that I can't even get hyped over this tbh.

night13x

this 3rd and last game will probably turn into 2-3 more games. Nihon Falcom has a terrible bad habit of "story creep" where they end up splitting up a single game into two during development.

Also IMO NIS America has done a fantastic job of getting us caught up. I love (old) xseed, but they did not have the resources - we would of still been getting Cold steel releases if they were still in charge. The fact that after this year we are only 2 games behind is a freakin pipe dream come true. Also remember it seams that no LoH game is being released this year in japan so it gives NIS America more time to get the first 2 calvard games out in 2024.

Mister Wolf

this 3rd and last game will probably turn into 2-3 more games. Nihon Falcom has a terrible bad habit of "story creep" where they end up splitting up a single game into two during development.

Also IMO NIS America has done a fantastic job of getting us caught up. I love (old) xseed, but they did not have the resources - we would of still been getting Cold steel releases if they were still in charge. The fact that after this year we are only 2 games behind is a freakin pipe dream come true. Also remember it seams that no LoH game is being released this year in japan so it gives NIS America more time to get the first 2 calvard games out in 2024.

It's also great that NIS contracts Durante's development team to do the PC ports.

Thief1987

I think they they wouldn't because they already did this. Calvard arc was planned to be duology initially. I think main criticism for Kuro 2 is how it feels like a filler game for the global story of the series and doesn't move a needle in its progression.

This.

I couldn’t finish Trails of Cold Steel III due to the story consisting mostly of tedious routine quests (kill this monster, investigate that place) and endless setting up of future conflicts (the baddies show up somewhere, tease the party and leave). Sure I like the character moments here and there and the occasional backstory but it’s way too slow and alienating for players who are not hardcore fans. I can’t imagine playing the entire Cold Steel tetralogy. Trails in the Sky had much better pacing. Cold Steel shoulda been 3 games at most. I don’t know how Kuro no Kiseki fares in this regard but I hope the 3rd game will be the last.

I really wish we can get an encyclopedia or reference guide for all the games up to this point.

I guess the tabletop role-playing game we do just that. That's due out next year I think.

Top Bottom