• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kurohyou 2: Ryu ga Gotoku Ashura-hen (Black Panther, Yakuza PSP Spinoff) Localisation Announcement Trailer

KiteGr

While I'm a strictly physical gamer, mods like these are the main reason I'm thinking of turning into digital.

Keihart

Ah, a fan patch.
There are so many fan patches for japanese games in portable consoles like PSP, Advance and whatnot, cool shit.
Kinda late tho.

mejin

fyDO.gif

CamHostage

Is the base game any good ? what about its story?

Yeah, I liked what I played a lot and was sad that Black Panther never got out of Japan. Used a fighting system by Aki Corporation of WWF No Mercy / Def Jam Vendetta fame (well, the whole game was developed by Syn Sophia, which is Aki,) brawls were more a 1:1 locked-in wrestling system (even in gang brawls, you generally target a single enemy at a time although you do have to be aware of the group) instead of open-arena but played to the PSP's strengths and the plusses of the fighting system and it's got a head/body/legs damage system + stamina system for combat, looked great on a portable and had nice production values that should upscale well, focused on an MMA-type character for its side-story elements and its thug-life story, had these over-the-top manga drawing cutscenes instead of full-rendered (cheaper, but cool style, like MGS Peace Walker), carried over but updated the PS2 pre-rendered overworld version of Akihabara, spawned a live-action TV series I believe ... good stuff, looking forward to a translation finally.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

There are two PSP Yakuza titles, (Black Panther: Like a Dragon New Chapter) and Kurohyō 2: Ryū ga Gotoku Ashura Hen (Black Panther 2: Like a Dragon Ashura Chapter), that were both released in Japan exclusively, with no official English translation in sight.

That was the case until John “AugmentedSmoke” (who asked Digital Trends not to use his last name) and his team, Team K4L, began chasing the goal of translating these titles for Yakuza’s new audience. That’s not an easy task when it comes to video games, which are a complicated tangle of dialogue and assets.

“There is definitely an art to it, which I think a lot of people don’t realize,” John explained when I spoke to him about the project. He explained why he’s putting the work into the Yakuza spinoff and talked about his fan-localization journey and what’s next for the team.

Top Bottom