• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Kurohyou 2: Ryu ga Gotoku Ashura-hen (Black Panther, Yakuza PSP Spinoff) Localisation Announcement Trailer

KiteGr

Apr 27, 2011
Greece
While I'm a strictly physical gamer, mods like these are the main reason I'm thinking of turning into digital.

Furozen

Sep 2, 2019
So Kurohyou 2 will get a complete translation before the first one? Weird.

Reactions: Gp1

Keihart

Jun 23, 2013
Ah, a fan patch.
There are so many fan patches for japanese games in portable consoles like PSP, Advance and whatnot, cool shit.
Kinda late tho.

Nankatsu

Mar 2, 2020
Wow, didn't see this coming. Time to get a new battery to my PSP I guess.

mejin

Oct 18, 2012
Brazil

CamHostage

Sep 30, 2004
Is the base game any good ? what about its story?

Yeah, I liked what I played a lot and was sad that Black Panther never got out of Japan. Used a fighting system by Aki Corporation of WWF No Mercy / Def Jam Vendetta fame (well, the whole game was developed by Syn Sophia, which is Aki,) brawls were more a 1:1 locked-in wrestling system (even in gang brawls, you generally target a single enemy at a time although you do have to be aware of the group) instead of open-arena but played to the PSP's strengths and the plusses of the fighting system and it's got a head/body/legs damage system + stamina system for combat, looked great on a portable and had nice production values that should upscale well, focused on an MMA-type character for its side-story elements and its thug-life story, had these over-the-top manga drawing cutscenes instead of full-rendered (cheaper, but cool style, like MGS Peace Walker), carried over but updated the PS2 pre-rendered overworld version of Akihabara, spawned a live-action TV series I believe ... good stuff, looking forward to a translation finally.

Last edited: