• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.A. Noire Switch details: Touchscreen control, Gyro aim, 1080p docked, 720p handheld

Mediking

Sounds good. Buying this for Switch because I never played L.A Noire before and I seriously hope this game having success can trigger GTAV on Switch. I'd double dip for GTAV on Switch.

Sounds good. Buying this for Switch because I never played L.A Noire before and I seriously hope this game having success can trigger GTAV on Switch. I'd double dip for GTAV on Switch.

LA Noire is certainly unique and it'll be rad to play this on the go. Great to hear it's native res in both forms!

atr0cious

Glad that nailed down the resolutions, folks in the last thread were saying no mention meant the game was barely gonna run on the switch at 720p.

z0m3le

Banned
LA Noire is a good game, I hope it gets a second life, especially on Switch.

Honestly, GTAV on Switch cannot not make money for Rockstar, they know this, but the desire to port the game remains unknown simply because they have a pending release in RDR2, and the only way I see it happening is to hand it off to the team doing LA Noire. If it has Crossplay with PC though, I'm so in. Just being able to build up my inventory for sales on the weekends would be huge for making cash and the possibility of LAN GTAV anywhere is still one of my favorite features of a Switch version of the game.

I never played this game. I may grab it on Switch.

Feels like this remaster could be another one of those games that sells surprisingly competitively on Switch. I hope so, it'd bode well for future Rockstar support.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good.

Some people thought because 1080p wasn't mentioned as a bullet point for the Switch version in the first PR weeks ago it would be lower res for some reason. Talk about jump to conclusion when it was clear that they were focusing on the features that made the Switch version stand out, in hat press release.

It seems like western third parties are making real efforts when porting games to Switch.
I wonder if the simple architecture of the console is the real helper here.

I'd be interested to find out the framerate. IIRC, the PC port was capped at 30 because of something to do with the facial animations not player correctly if you went higher than that. I hope they managed to fix it!

Shin-Ra

There's no mention of resolution(s) in the source-linked Japanese product page or Japanese press release.

Where is the source for the resolution? The website is pulling this info from thin air, and only links back to the main page for the game (which says nothing about the resolution).

Dryk

I played the original but never the DLC, is th DLC meaty or sparse? I could go back in for decent DLC....
2-5 cases (depending on which version you played and which pre-order bonuses you had) sprinkled pretty seamlessly through the story.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think the resolution might just refer to the standard output signal of the Switch you find on the back of box... Kinda doubt they would get the internally rendered resolution from this Japanese PR information.

Cerium

GTAV is far too CPU heavy for Switch no?
Also. Would be horrible without analogue triggers. Solvable using the sticks and modifiers though I suppose.

GTAV runs on 360.

And Rocket League is on Switch without analog triggers.

Gyro aiming and touch controls (and perhaps both at once if you play with detached Joy-Cons in tabletop undocked) are excellent assurances, signifying to me that whether or not I pick this up, port quality won't be the barrier. This doesn't clarify anything we've already heard, though. Motion aiming is a hard requirement for me and early press materials didn't make it clear if the Joy-Con mode was just a puzzle-specific pointer gimmick (like a TV mode stylus) or a full replacement for stick aiming in the standard dual Joy-Con controller setup. I haven't played the game and don't know how it all works as is.

This is one of the only Rockstar games to interest me and was in fact my theoretical first pick for a port from them anyway. I don't get along with most of Rockstar's output but I've heard good things about the adventure-game elements and the period authenticity of a setting/genre near and dear to my heart. I missed it when it was current and while I doubt I'll have the room in my schedule to justify picking it up at launch, a good Switch port would bump it way up my list of games I'd like to get around to eventually, but didn't actually expect I would. Receiving it with last-generation visuals isn't an issue for me and I mainly want to hear about performance and controls.

knerl

Allegedly there's an updated press release. I'm trying to procure it now.

GTAV runs on 360.

And Rocket League is on Switch without analog triggers.
Rocket League doesn't really require lower speeds though. CPU in 360 is surely more powerful than that in Switch.

Cerium

CPU in 360 is surely more powerful than that in Switch.
tenor.gif

ryushe

I don't remember ever shooting a single gun in this game lol

As for the port, seems like R* actually cared about the Switch version. Unfortunately I just don't like this game, so it's a pass for me. I do hope it does well though.

Top Bottom