• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga Set to Appear in 'Cyberpunk 2077'?

Ramzy

fSsshSU.jpg

-MD-

Has Lady Gaga had a hit record in like the last 5+ years? I haven't heard a thing on the radio.

mcjmetroid

Has Lady Gaga had a hit record in like the last 5+ years? I haven't heard a thing on the radio.

She seems to be doing a bit more acting these days.
She's fantastic in a Star is born.

Say what you will about Lady Gaga but this kind of game would actually strangely suit her style.
If it's true it's probably something she wanted to do herself rather than being asked. She has been known to be big into Videogames before.
She was banging on about Bayonetta before on Twitter which is awesome.

She has mainstream appeal and was already dressed like an in-universe character. Solid marketing move and I don´t see the harm.

CatCouch

I would be cool with this. I really like Lady Gaga. I've listened to her for an damn decade and I'm not stopping any time soon~

Bullet Club

Well that's an onion in the ointment.

Has Lady Gaga had a hit record in like the last 5+ years?
That song from that movie she was in went to #1 around the world and is still in the top ten in most places.

Last edited:

Azula

Neo Member
I mean, she’s a pretty good actor right? I feel like her weird style would make for a good character in that world.

I’m not a big fan of her, but I actually think it could work here?

As far as music goes, I highly doubt she does more than one song for marketing purposes. So if you hate her music, it shouldn’t be a big deal. I think this is more about her acting and being a character in the game. I definitely get the apprehension though. I don’t really like it when it major celebrities are in most games. It always comes off as forced.

But, given that she can act, and the fact that she already used to use personas like the type of people we’ve seen in the games trailer, I could see it possibly working. But it would really need her to be an original character where it’s not just Gaga playing herself. Like actual acting.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I like Lady Gaga and think it'd be cool if she was in the game but if she isn't ... eh ok.

If she makes original music for it...HOLY SHIT i'd be so happy.

You can't listen to the radio much then.

A Star Is Born was huge and that song got so much air time. Sure it's not just her and it's part of a movie.

Her last two albums aren't what you'd expect from her if you liked her first three. She went in a totally different direction with "Cheek to Cheek" + "Joanne". "Cheek to Cheek" was a collaboration and is more jazz focused. "Joanne" was a bit softer and more country style.

She isn't irrelevant like you'd suggest. She's just trying different stuff out that wouldn't get air time on radio that only plays the Top 40 or whatever. She could put out a catchy dance pop album tomorrow and you'd probably be sick of hearing the songs after about a week.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Would be cool if she was in the game as a perfromer and did a song as well. It would be a perfect fit imo.

rolandss

Whether this is true or not, I never get why developers spend so much money on celebrity casting when 95% of the intended audience just don’t care. Nobody is going to buy this game because lady Gaga is in it the same way nobody buys Kojimw games for Keither Sutherland, Norman reedus and mads mikkelson.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
Gaga being in the game doesn't bother me. She's a very talented woman and I can see how her persona would suit a cyberpunk themed world. I'm also just very happy it wasn't someone like Taylor Swift because that would have put me off.

My guess is that the dev's were inspired by the use of David Bowie in The Nomad Soul (which was pretty cool) and they wanted their own 'celebrity cyberpunk' moment.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I like Lady Gaga and it seems like this would be her kind of game.

Also, if such a thing helps make the game sell better I am 100% all for it.

Just don't make it fucking pathetic like how Jessica Chobot was shoehorned into Mass Effect 3.

mortal

Gold Member
That's cool, I suppose. Considering the setting of the game and how eccentric she is, it really wouldn't even be that jarring. I could see her being a rocker in Night City.

Besides, I doubt her presence in the actual game will have that much of an impact to the experience. This seems to be more of a marketing collaboration for CP 2077.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
She could just be a cameo dancer, or an artist in the game world. It’s no different than any other time a celebrity has appeared in a game. It doesn’t mean she’s going to be the main focus. But even if she was a main character... so what?

So people love to moan about pretty much anything. She’s massively popular, and a great actress too.

Traianvs

I love Lady Gaga and I think she would be perfect as an olographic billboard singer or whatever.
She already has the look

Airbus Jr

Banned
Never followed her but her weird personality seems to fit in a cyberpunk world so who knows maybe theyre making the right decision

Last edited:

Sentenza

Seems like a baseless rumor, but even without being her fan I wouldn't have a single problem with this.
Like her or not, no one can deny she's at very least a more than competent performer. And she being in the game would surely raise a lot of buzz from casual fans, so it also makes sense commercially.

Last edited:

badblue

For all we know this could be some sort of cross promotional stuff since she has a new album in the works / something for E3. Just because there is a rumor of her doing motion capture work with them doesn't mean she is appearing in the game.

Even if she does, why should it matter? An oscar winner will draw more attention to the game then some random person.

klosos

Let CD project Red do there thing, if they think Lady Gaga is a good fit, that's enough for me.

I have faith in CD projet after the Witcher series, them and larian studios are the top dogs when it comes to RPG's imo

Hestar69

What's with the Lady Gaga hate? Would be cool to see her in the game,but with how famous she is I doubt shes in the game as it would cost them lots of $$$$

Last edited:
Top Bottom