• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady yells at man after he claims his name is "Hugh Mungus".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh to be fair... either he doesn't have an easy name to wear or he just didn't expected this backslash.

As for the lady, she sure seems to overreact but to be fair, I can also understand why she wouldn't take it well. I mean, she's got no way to tell if the guy is basically saying the truth about his name or not.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
All the related videos really have it out for "SJWs."

Eh to be fair... either he doesn't have an easy name to wear or he just didn't expected this backslash.

As for the lady, she sure seems to overreact but to be fair, I can also understand why she wouldn't take it well. I mean, she's got no way to tell if the guy is basically saying the truth about his name or not.

Why does it matter if he's telling the truth or not. He made an innocent dad joke and she claims sexual harassment. This is overreaction of the highest degree no matter how you spin it.

I'm confused by this post. You're saying she had the right to falsely accuse him of sexual harassment in public because he didn't want to share his private info with her? Lol

Lautaro

Your definition of fair is as weird as her definition of harassment.

jabuseika

Dude just made a dad joke.

She shouted at him for his name because he sides with cops, and she's against cops. He made a dad joke about his weight, and she flipped the fuck out and harassed him about him harassing her.

This is an eye-opener. I can't believe these are real people.

M0wXq69.jpg

Hugh Jass

Why does it matter if he's telling the truth or not. He made an innocent dad joke and she claims sexual harassment. This is overreaction of the highest degree no matter how you spin it.

I'm confused by this post. You're saying she had the right to falsely accuse him of sexual harassment in public because he didn't want to share his private info with her? Lol

Your definition of fair is as weird as her definition of harassment.

Dude just made a dad joke.

It's like you guys didn't read my post. I didn't said she was right to over react this way. I said I can understand why she would take the joke the way she did. Why she would UNDERSTAND the joke this way, aka saying his private part is humongous.

She shouted at him for his name because he sides with cops, and she's against cops. He made a dad joke about his weight, and she flipped the fuck out and harassed him about him harassing her.

This is an eye-opener. I can't believe these are real people.

Thanks for the additional infos, I didn't understood why she was filming him. Then again, I never ever said she was right to over react this way. I said, I can understand why she understood it as a sexual joke and not joke about his weight.

It's like you guys didn't read my post. I didn't said she was right to over react this way. I said I can understand why she would take the joke the way she did. Why she would UNDERSTAND the joke this way, aka saying his private part is humongous.

He never said anything about his private parts. She desperately wanted him to so she could turn around and say he sexually harassed her.

He never said anything about his private parts. She desperately wanted him to so she could turn around and say he sexually harassed her.

I didn't said he said that. I said, I can understand, I can imagine how you can understand the joke this way. I can understand the point of the confusion.

I also misunderstood the situation too at first, I mean, the whole video, on what happened and why it happened :p

I didn't said he said that. I said, I can understand, I can imagine how you can understand the joke this way. I can understand the point of the confusion.

So you think someone saying their name is "Hugh Mungus" is easily misunderstood to mean "I have a humongous penis"?

No, I said I can imagine why someone would understand it this way. Why do you have to rewrite my sentences to give them a different meaning ?

My posts have literally been questions because you're being very unclear on what you're actually saying. Sounds like you said something and then tried to alter it when everyone dogpiled on you.

Honestly, it's so obvious to me that this woman is not well, that I think it's kinda wrong to hold her up to internet mob justice. :/ It reminds me of how people went on about "SJWs" after this woman posted some YouTubes confronting random men and demanding they "stop stalking her" but she is literally neuro-atypical in some way.

Also, just remember that people use these horrible examples as ways to distract from (and justify ignoring) feminist critiques of men and popular culture. When honestly, these people are getting wayyyy too much attention, and very reasonable arguments are getting lost.

My posts have literally been questions because you're being very unclear on what you're actually saying. Sounds like you said something and then tried to alter it when everyone dogpiled on you.

No, your posts have been inquisitions, trying to make me say something that I didn't.
How can you even come to the conclusion, from my initial post, that I said "Okay, she's right to call him a sexual harrasser !"
How can someone even come to the conclusion I said her reaction is fair ?

All I said is, in more simpler words:
If it's his real name, it's a difficult name to have.
If it's a joke, I can envision, I can imagine, that you can interpret it in the sexual way. I never said "There's only one way to interpret it this way" "She was right to interpret it this way".
So you have two things here: Sometimes, you don't have a way to know if people are kidding about their name. And when they are, I can imagine situations when a joke has different way to be interpreted.

But in no way I ever said "omg he's harassing her" or "well, she had the right behaviour !" cause she didn't.

Would it really be sexual harassment even if he said "I have a humongous cock"? I don't see how that hurts anyone.

I don't know if it'd be by legal definition sexual harassment. But I'd sure get pissed off if a guy did that joke to my gf or any female relative.

Guy was weird. But sexual harassment? I don't see it.

And those Facebook comments. "Glad you are safe." "Get the support you need." "Sue them." Why....?

Honestly, it's so obvious to me that this woman is not well, that I think it's kinda wrong to hold her up to internet mob justice. :/ It reminds me of how people went on about "SJWs" after this woman posted some YouTubes confronting random men and demanding they "stop stalking her" but she is literally neuro-atypical in some way.

Also, just remember that people use these horrible examples as ways to distract from (and justify ignoring) feminist critiques of men and popular culture. When honestly, these people are getting wayyyy too much attention, and very reasonable arguments are getting lost.

Oh boy, here we go again. Someone being an asshole? Better just claim they aren't right or imply they have some mental disorder, because no one could ever just be an asshole

Alienous

No, he's joking about how fat he is.

I don't think so. Especially give how cagey he is about explaining the joke, then pointing at his crotch when she keeps questioning.

"I'm Hugh Mungus" meaning "Hey, I'm overweight" isn't joke-worthy double entendre.

MIMIC

Banned
I wandered to that video the other day (I think it was because of the hula dashboard doll thread). The entire video was just so....bizarre.

Guy was weird. But sexual harassment? She is having some troubles I think.

And those Facebook comments. "Glad you are safe." "Get the support you need." "Sue them." Why....?

Yeah... I don't feel saying 'Hugh Mungus' is sexual harassment. Crass sure, and then the tricky part is how the woman could have seen it that way. EDIT: If he was pointing to his dick the whole time it's definitely deeper in being crass. Still dunno if I can call it sexual harassment. Maybe being a dude I can't understand how uncomfortable that'd make me feel....

The original paragraph doesn't even go into what the harassment was however which I think is a tactic so people can assume whatever horrible thing they want happened.

There are problems with sexism and racism in society totally, but for something this minor, bordering on nonexistent, getting so up in arms about the incident looks ridiculous, and undermines good work being done elsewhere.

Oh boy, here we go again. Someone being an asshole? Better just claim they aren't right or imply they have some mental disorder, because no one could ever just be an asshole
It's pretty common; the "stop stalking me" girl is literally an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic, and people try to use her crazy YouTube as proof that feminists are idiots. I think this person has an emotional hangup; can you even imagine getting that bent out of shape over such a harmless comment? Do you really think any self-respecting neurotypical woman -- yes, even a feminist -- would behave this way?

I don't think so. Especially give how cagey he is about explaining the joke, then pointing at his crotch when she keeps questioning.

"I'm Hugh Mungus" meaning "Hey, I'm overweight" isn't joke-worthy double entendre.

What are you even talking about. Not once does he point at his crotch

It's pretty common; the "stop stalking me" girl is literally an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic, and people try to use her crazy YouTube as proof that feminists are idiots. I think this person has an emotional hangup; can you even imagine getting that bent out of shape over such a harmless comment? Do you really think any self-respecting woman -- yes, even a feminist -- would behave this way?

Yes, I would. Because some people are assholes or take their over zealousness in their beliefs to ridiculous levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom