• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laid Out On Venice Beach for 90min, Got Epic Sunburn, Could Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az987

all good things
If I knew you in real life I'd smack you on your sun burn really hard right now because its funny to do that to sun burnt people.

IceCold

I barely escaped skin cancer in 2004, since then i have gotten a lot more careful. Reading stuff like "I don't use sunscreen" I just want to facepalm. Don't fuck with the sun. Good luck bros

Honestly it depends where you live. If you live in a place like Australia or a tropical country where it's sunny often during the summer and the sun is pretty strong then yeah you should wear sun screen when going outside. But if you live in a place like Canada I don't see the point unless you have very pale skin that's very prone to sun burns.

Sun screen at the beach is a must though.

15+Justin+Berfield+photo.jpg

Yes!

soepje

I barely escaped skin cancer in 2004, since then i have gotten a lot more careful. Reading stuff like "I don't use sunscreen" I just want to facepalm. Don't fuck with the sun. Good luck bros
Barely escaped skin cancer? How do you do that? Not meaning to offend you in any way, but does barely escaping it mean you did not actually get skin cancer? Isn´t 99% of those cases non-lethal anyway?

Not saying one should not take precautions before going into the sun.

Always wondered what this feels like. My ex would try to tan and get so red. The skin is literally hot to the touch even hours after a burn.

I feel for you bros :/

TUSR

Banned
Barely escaped skin cancer? How do you do that? Not meaning to offend you in any way, but does barely escaping it mean you did not actually get skin cancer? Isn´t 99% of those cases non-lethal anyway?

Not saying one should not take precautions before going into the sun.

cant skin cancer metastasise into the lymphatic system quite easily?

Sappy113

Heh, was out building a fence in my front yard yesterday. Forgot all about sunscreen, which I usually use pretty religously, especially because I want to teach my kid how important it is.

The back of my neck especially was red as flame late afternoon. Burned like hell. Put on some Aloe-gel, avoided sleeping on my back, now just riding it out.

Had some epically bad sunburns as a kid, though, vacationing in Southern Europe with my folks. The kind that leaves you wanting to wear absolutely nothing. The kind that, when the excrutiating pain ends, instead results in itching from fucking Hell.

Yea, sunscreen is your friend.

I burned the ever loving shit out of my entire back one summer. It was so painful that I had to ask my roommate to rub some aloe vera on my back. Felt kind of gay, but I was in so much pain that I didn't care. It lasted about a week, and then started peeling off like thick reptile skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom