• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lake - Release Date Trailer

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
This trailer definitely made me feel something darker is hidden beneath the surface, maybe. That's a pretty big stretch though if you consider the previous trailer as well.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This is Lake. It's 1986 and Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown. How will she experience two weeks in beautiful Providence Oaks, with its iconic lake and quirky community? And what will she do next? It's up to you.
Lake is coming first to Xbox and PC September 1st

Certinty

Played through half of it.

It’s repetitive, has quite a few bugs and is relatively janky but… i’m actually enjoying it.

Nice to have a slow paced game like this.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's 1986 - Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown. How will she experience two weeks in beautiful Providence Oaks, with its iconic lake and quirky community? And what will she do next? It's up to you.

Lake launches today on PS4 and PS5!

Bluecondor

I picked this up on PS4 last night after reading this thread. I'm disappointed to report that the PS4 version seems to be unplayable. The game has crashed on me five separate times, which then forces you to replay the rather long intro to the game. Even worse, my save file from last night was corrupted when I tried to load up the game about an hour ago.

The game itself seems interesting and I like the 1986 setting. Hopefully a patch or two will be released that will fix the stability and save system. I'm going to wait and see, but I want to give the game another shot.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Played it via Gamepass (it's still there I see) a while ago and found it a little bit too slow and tedious for me. But yeah; It did have a charming atmosphere so I'm sure some people will love it for what it is.

Ar¢tos

I was excited thinking the necrobump was news about the DLC... :messenger_crying:
It's a great little game, I enjoyed it, but I was expecting extremely little from it.

Edit: the DLC has been out since November and I never noticed it...

Last edited:
I was excited thinking the necrobump was news about the DLC... :messenger_crying:
It's a great little game, I enjoyed it, but I was expecting extremely little from it.
Yeah, really cozy game with interesting characters and location. Enjoyed playing it on a chill rainy day last autumn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom