• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Langrisser Re:Incarnation -Tensei- |OT| Not Like This

Voliko

Who developed this game?

I can't believe there's a new "Langrisser" game in 2016 while Growlanser is dead and Atlus has no intention of starting a new spiritual successor series.

cj_iwakura

Who developed this game?

The bastardized corpse of Masaya, almost no one from the original team was involved in this. Not sure anyone was.

Most of the ex-Langrisser devs actually work for Atlus on the Devil Survivor B team. Career Soft got absorbed.

Voliko

The bastardized corpse of Masaya, almost no one from the original team was involved in this. Not sure anyone was.

Most of the ex-Langrisser devs actually work for Atlus on the Devil Survivor B team. Career Soft got absorbed.

I'm surprised Masaya is even still around.

Better off waiting for Langrisser III to be translated

cj_iwakura

It's for my best friend. I'm sure he will enjoy it even though it sounds like it's hot garbage.

You could still swap it out with something less painful before he gets it, like Desert Bus.

I'm surprised Masaya is even still around.

Better off waiting for Langrisser III to be translated

They just own the name, it's a shallow husk. But yeah, we'll always have fan translations at least.

Also, I legitimately enjoy Warsong's localization(altered art aside). For the time, it's a pretty solid script.

cj_iwakura

Should I pick this up for review or allow another member of the website I write for try it out?

I'd want to say give it no press at all, but maybe another review will ensure this game dies a quiet death. Looking at that OP review though, it looks like you'll be signing up to suffer.

7ha8xGg.gif

What have they done to Langrisser. I like by the way that the official website has no screenshots, trailer or whatever from the game.

ike_

I remember being pretty in awe watching a friend with a Genesis play Warsong. Such a bummer about these follow ups.

finch

I've played about an hour and while it's not good, it's more like a C-tier PS1 or Saturn game than anything really awful, unless it gets worse, entirely possible. If it wasn't Langrisser, that one series a handful of people heard of and assume was good, and didn't get so much venom from actual Langrisser fans, it would be completely ignored for other, better games. Who knows though, maybe it'll sell more this way. I wouldn't have purchased it if i wasn't curious and i didn't feel kind of bad for it.

Corpekata

Banned
Is there no faction without creepy loli pedo bait? You'd think at least one of them would take a stand against that. What differences could they possibly have if they are all cool with hanging out with 12 years olds in thongs?

Top Bottom