• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larcenauts, from the creators of Farpoint, coming to Oculus and SteamVR.

Wonko_C

After the awesome PSVR exclusive Farpoint, Larcenauts is Impulse Gear's promising next VR game: A multiplayer hero shooter in the vein of Overwatch, coming out on Oculus platforms and Steam VR. They have not announced if it's also coming to PSVR at this time.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. At least the visuals are pretty good and it's a hero shooter as I haven't seen one of those in vr yet. It'll live and die by the playerbase though and if there's a stream of content.

This is pathetic... From a special game like Farpoint, to a goddamn hero shooter with these half cartoony, annoying, worn out, nausea inducing characters... And yes I am salty as fuck!
cartoony to run well on mobile...

psvr for now is pretty dead, let them have their fun on Quest while psvr2 is not around - I'm sure the postponing of both PS5 and the next headset hurt a lot of the early indies behind it and they should try to recoup in the best way possible.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
A multiplayer hero shooter

team america vomit GIF
drunk comedy central GIF

Last edited:

Hellmaker

cartoony to run well on mobile...

psvr for now is pretty dead, let them have their fun on Quest while psvr2 is not around - I'm sure the postponing of both PS5 and the next headset hurt a lot of the early indies behind it and they should try to recoup in the best way possible.
Perhaps, still a multiplayer game like this? Doubt they are gonna recoup anything.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This is pathetic... From a special game like Farpoint, to a goddamn hero shooter with these half cartoony, annoying, worn out, nausea inducing characters... And yes I am salty as fuck!
you should play overwatch bro i heard that game is gud

Skate Dude GIF by Alexandre Nart

Last edited:
you should play overwatch bro i heard that game is gud

Skate Dude GIF by Alexandre Nart

it's crap too but I've watched my daughter playing it and it has crazy high jumps and a frantic pace that no VR dev ever attempted

well, actually, Hi Bow on Sidequest was the best I've seen in VR.

Danknugz

What Vr needs is it’s own mortal kombat; some kind of not-giving-a-f controversial (but stupidly fun) game that isn’t afraid to defy norms and pushes the boundaries of acceptability. Something actually super realistic that doesn’t censor gore and causes a lot of attention and interest, like onward but with dismemberment and real injuries.
Personally I never really was into VR for any of this fantasy kind of stuff, IMO Vr is better suited for racers, sports, and real life scenarios. Not to say a fantasy game can’t work in VR, but I don’t think the first breakthrough VR game will be one that is fantasy or non real life based.

Something actually super realistic that doesn’t censor gore and causes a lot of attention and interest, like onward but with dismemberment and real injuries.
guess you never heard about Blade and Sorcery or Hellsplit Arena?

what VR really needs is more actual games. There's no such genre as "VR games", it's another medium and way to play games and ports like Doom 3, Skyrim or Hitman shows any game can be adequately back ported. We just need actual modern games like these rather than 1 or 2, mostly old ones...

Danknugz

guess you never heard about Blade and Sorcery or Hellsplit Arena?

what VR really needs is more actual games. There's no such genre as "VR games", it's another medium and way to play games and ports like Doom 3, Skyrim or Hitman shows any game can be adequately back ported. We just need actual modern games like these rather than 1 or 2, mostly old ones...
I have heard and I think blade sorcery is on my wishlist. Not multiplayer though I don’t think

Top Bottom